Brexit

Obviously, whatever it is Morrissey thinks about politics, we can safely assume it is wrong. But you're deluded if you think what just happened is some sort of people's rebellion against "the system". Whether you voted leave or remain, you didn't exercise any actual power, you just got forced into playing a bit-part in an gigantic establishment f***-up. A pissing contest among a punch of slimy, lying public schoolboys, none of whom believed anything they were saying to us. The joke's on us, and we walk away with less than nothing.

Birmingham and the wider Mercian shires dropped a bomb on the entire world-wide Globalist project. We have fcuked the Establishment up the arse. No vaseline. It's payback for 30 years of Neoliberal Class War against the working-class and subsequent emergence of the Precariat. We wanted to crash and burn the evil epicentre of finance capitalism: London. Mission accomplished. Now we kick back and watch the firework display which begins with the implosion of New Labour class traitors.......

A comment from a Theresa May bookmakers fav to replace Cameron made some comments on brexit

"Brexit means Brexit," said May, 59, who backed the Remain campaign ahead of last week's referendum although she kept a low profile.

"The campaign was fought, the vote was held, turnout was high and the public gave their verdict," she said. "There must be no attempts to remain inside the EU, no attempts to rejoin it through the back door and no second referendum."
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...next-pm-vows-to-honour-brexit-vote/ar-AAhO9rs

A comment from a Theresa May bookmakers fav to replace Cameron made some comments on brexit

"Brexit means Brexit," said May, 59, who backed the Remain campaign ahead of last week's referendum although she kept a low profile.

"The campaign was fought, the vote was held, turnout was high and the public gave their verdict," she said. "There must be no attempts to remain inside the EU, no attempts to rejoin it through the back door and no second referendum."
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...next-pm-vows-to-honour-brexit-vote/ar-AAhO9rs

Yep, that will remain her view right up until she's Prime Minister.

Yep, that will remain her view right up until she's Prime Minister.
Guess will see. That's if she actually gets it as the bookies were wrong before. She might see it as an opportunity to redrew political alliances with voters as a lot of labor voted to leave and hope to boost her parties chances in the future by getting leave favoring labor voters. I imagine this is why Cameron, or at least partly, is leaving. It'd be political suicide for him to try and stay in the e.u despite the vote to leave and to actively go against so many of his parties base voters. It's a tough spot they're in as a lot of labor supporters voted to leave.

fascinating :paranoid:
If you mean the article I thought so. I sort of compare those remain people with the hardcore anti trump protesters who want to stop the hate fascism and bigotry of trump by violently intimidating surrounding and harassing people who just showed up for a speech. Who would steal there hats and burn them while people cheered. It's a sad phenomenon to me and I see a lot of parrales in that article

If you mean the article I thought so. I sort of compare those remain people with the hardcore anti trump protesters who want to stop the hate fascism and bigotry of trump by violently intimidating surrounding and harassing people who just showed up for a speech. Who would steal there hats and burn them while people cheered. It's a sad phenomenon to me and I see a lot of parrales in that article

I don't really know that much about pro and anti trump protesters, so it's difficult to compare. I doubt the article constitutes honest testimony, but who's to say? For now, though, I don't think remainers are looking on leavers with any deep-seated hatred, although they probably wouldn't trust them with a thinking task. What we're seeing so far is completely peaceful protest. I think the actual violence is don't going to happen until the far-right start to cotton on that there's no way we're actually going to leave the EU.

UK is the 5th economy

6th now. FTSE recovery means very little for us. It's the pound you need to keep an eye on, and that's predicted to keep sliding downwards and eventually just crash like a salt damaged rollercoaster at Blackpool's pleasure beach.

Virgin lost a third of it's value and 3,000 jobs in one go. 9 major deals worth millions of pounds and thousands of jobs have been stopped thanks to Brexit. Unemployment is already rising a a direct result of Brexit. Hate crime is up 67% since the brexit vote, averaging three an hour. Museums and art galleries will have to close because so many rely on EU funding to keep the doors open. Nigel Farage's speech to the European Parliament made me cringe. Interesting that a bastard like that is remaining an MEP for the next two years so he gets paid. Surely if he had a backbone he wouldn't accept their tainted European money? hypocrite. Bye bye educated britain, as poor families say goodbye to the idea of university and leave school at 16 again.

Article 50 hasn't even been triggered and the Brexit is already screwing us up. Thank God I'm out of here.

6th now. FTSE recovery means very little for us. It's the pound you need to keep an eye on, and that's predicted to keep sliding downwards and eventually just crash like a salt damaged rollercoaster at Blackpool's pleasure beach.

Virgin lost a third of it's value and 3,000 jobs in one go. 9 major deals worth millions of pounds and thousands of jobs have been stopped thanks to Brexit. Unemployment is already rising a a direct result of Brexit. Hate crime is up 67% since the brexit vote, averaging three an hour. Museums and art galleries will have to close because so many rely on EU funding to keep the doors open. Nigel Farage's speech to the European Parliament made me cringe. Interesting that a bastard like that is remaining an MEP for the next two years so he gets paid. Surely if he had a backbone he wouldn't accept their tainted European money? hypocrite. Bye bye educated britain, as poor families say goodbye to the idea of university and leave school at 16 again.

Article 50 hasn't even been triggered and the Brexit is already screwing us up. Thank God I'm out of here.

Or, to put it another way, what a shame that there wasn't a referendum back in 2004 when the press and 80% of people polled wanted one. So many of the current problems could have been solved long ago...

I don't really know that much about pro and anti trump protesters, so it's difficult to compare. I doubt the article constitutes honest testimony, but who's to say? For now, though, I don't think remainers are looking on leavers with any deep-seated hatred, although they probably wouldn't trust them with a thinking task. What we're seeing so far is completely peaceful protest. I think the actual violence is don't going to happen until the far-right start to cotton on that there's no way we're actually going to leave the EU.

We'll see about leaving as I see chances of it going either way at fifty fifty. I honestly do see them leaving. As for the article it was one women and why wouldn't you think it honest. Just wondering what that assessments based on. As for remain anger it's all over social media to some extent. It's like saying you a Hillary supporter on face book. You gets lots of anger and hate throw at you from the Berners and trump fanatics. I know that's true from personal experience. In another comparison between the situation of perception it's like people seem to think ever person who voted to leave can't think which even looking at this thread I don't think is the truth. Same with trump supporters. It's like everyone thinks they're poor uneducated white men when truthfully studies say that's not accurate. It'll be interesting to watch in any case, the leaving vs not leaving. Voting demographics have put the country in an interesting pickle but I'll say I don't see long term economic ruin like some are predicting. Many countries exist outside the e.u and make out just fine. It's the readjustment that's gonna sting

We'll see about leaving as I see chances of it going either way at fifty fifty. I honestly do see them leaving.

A lot of lawyers say it's not *possible* for us to leave the EU, so I'd say I'm about 60-40 against on us leaving. I place my bets on a second referendum or a general election, the result of which will force their hand. I think Terasa May will hold off Article 50 as long as she can.

Voting demographics have put the country in an interesting pickle but I'll say I don't see long term economic ruin like some are predicting. Many countries exist outside the e.u and make out just fine.

This is true, but Britain was in the EU partly because many countries outright *refused* to trade with us to begin with. This hasn't changed that. China still doesn't want to trade with us. The EU has said they can get everything we were providing from within their own block. America won't break trade agreements with China or the EU or the East-Asia trading block, so we're left with smaller, poorer countries to trade with - many of whom see us as an enemy.

The only positive I've heard is that Marijuana might end up legalized for tax reasons (to try and make up the EU shortfall) and that might work better than my medication. That's it. Brexit is such a f*** up.

Well a lot could happen in the time it takes to leave that could result in any number of scenarios. Canada and Australia have both said there trade would stay the same and they seem like fairly wealthy countries with good economies. Also other member countries are also not all happy with the e.u and could leave and form a trade block with Britain such as the Netherlands and Italy or France. The e.u might also try and make some changes to try and appease these members and head off trouble which might also appease Britain and those who voted to leave allowing britains politicians some leverage to stay which they obviously want. I'm no global financial expert by any means but this article by Newsweek seemed informative

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/07/15/european-union-brexit-democracy-476909.html

An excerpt

"On multiple levels, Europe today appears to be a disaster. Most of its economies are seeing slow or no growth; unemployment rates in what Europeans call “the periphery”—Spain, Portugal and Greece—are scandalously high; youth unemployment in Greece and Spain is more than 40 percent; and, in the eurozone overall, more than 10 percent of the working-age population is out of work. The European Central Bank is running a negative interest rate policy in a desperate effort to ward off a debilitating bout of deflation. And Europe’s immigration policy—arguably the major reason for the stunning Brexit vote—remains calamitous. Just ask outgoing U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron. On June 29, at a farewell meeting with fellow heads of state in Brussels, he publicly blamed the Brexit outcome on the EU’s unwillingness to give him “an emergency brake” with which to control migration."

Sh.t!
Did you have to beat us in this, TOO??
(I'm Argentinian)
Cm61TfDW8AE7HZJ.jpg:large

Sh.t!
Did you have to beat us in this, TOO??
(I'm Argentinian)
Cm61TfDW8AE7HZJ.jpg:large

It'll rise again once people know what path they will take and what the actual plan arrangements will be. To where it rises I don't know. Probably depend on the plan

Back
Top Bottom