Brussel tickets on sale 17/09/09

Re: brussel

Could someone kindly help me? I am trying to plan a journey from Brussels Airport to the Forest National (Forest Est/Vorst Oost station). Is this a difficult journey by train? I cannot find any information to plan this trip online and I hope someone who knows how to get from one point to the other can help! I have looked at a few websites but I think that the two stops are on different transport systems. :confused:

Closest trainstation to the venue is Brussels Midi/Zuid.
There is a direct train service from Zaventem Airport.
At Brussels Midi/Zuid you can take a tram (I think #50) to the venue or a taxi.

Re: brussel

Could someone kindly help me? I am trying to plan a journey from Brussels Airport to the Forest National (Forest Est/Vorst Oost station). Is this a difficult journey by train? I cannot find any information to plan this trip online and I hope someone who knows how to get from one point to the other can help! I have looked at a few websites but I think that the two stops are on different transport systems. :confused:

Airport is 15km away and Midi station is 3 km away from Forest National so taxis cant be that expensive. Seems easier than fannying about with trains and trams :confused: Just doing my research now :D

You can take the train to Brussels North station first from the Airport (almost all trains from the airport stop there) and then take the train to Vorst East (direction Nijvel). On Saturdays there is only 1 train every hour that stops at that station, so plan your trip wisely. From the East station it's short walk to Vorst Nationaal.

Info regarding trains can be found on www.nmbs.be

Not really. The area is not that nice.
When there are big concerts in the main halle, taxis do generally hang about after the concert. But I'm not sure if that will be the case for Club concerts. There should be buses going to the centre though.

Not really. The area is not that nice.
When there are big concerts in the main halle, taxis do generally hang about after the concert. But I'm not sure if that will be the case for Club concerts. There should be buses going to the centre though.

Thanks. Am a little paranoid after the Ostia Antica disaster.... Gig in the middle of nowhere, public transport strike and having to walk down the middle of a motorway back to the hotel :rolleyes:

Just re-read what you said - gig is not in main hall? Is it in a smaller area then?

Is the venue in a busy area likely to be well serviced by taxis for getting back to the hotel afterwards?
Thanks
im not frombelgium obv nor was i there ever but normally when there are no taxis around you can phone the taxi company and then they sent you one to the venue...even in advance if you tel them a time if you dont want o call them after the gig..im sure they understand english..if not ask a nice belgium fan to calll one for you...

Thanks. Am a little paranoid after the Ostia Antica disaster.... Gig in the middle of nowhere, public transport strike and having to walk down the middle of a motorway back to the hotel :rolleyes:

Just re-read what you said - gig is not in main hall? Is it in a smaller area then?

`club` means that just a part of the venue is open.

Belgian people are really nice and almost all of them speak fluent english, so just ask somebody for help (or even a lift to the city centre) and they will gladly help you out.

A very big thank you to everyone who replied! There is a great deal of information there, you are wonderful.

`club` means that just a part of the venue is open.

So are we not talking an 8000 capacity gig then? Is it going to be quite small? Also, is it all standing? Please can someone give me the word for standing as I cant find a site selling tickets with english translation on it so I want to make sure I buy the right tickets!

A very big thank you to everyone who replied! There is a great deal of information there, you are wonderful.
Seconded :D

In the Club version of Vorst Nationaal there is only 1 ticket possible. You can either sit or stand with that ticket.
But if things would be different this time, "zitplaatsen" are seated tickets and "staanplaatsen" are standing tickets. (well that's if you choose the NL version of the website, in FR that would be "assis" for sitting and "debout" for standing).

I dont get it!!!! Placement libre (assis/debout-place assise non garantie) Do I want this one or this one - Place assise numérotée for a standing ticket. Is there even a standing area there? Map makes no sense!!!

Parterre is standing. Grey fauteuils is seated if you like (not numbered/reserved). Red fauteuils is seated and reserved/numbered); to be chosen only if you want to be sure to sit in the seats with best visibility.
Does this make sense? :confused: :)

Back
Top Bottom