"California Son" review by Laura Snapes (1 star, obvs) - The Guardian

Despite not being sent a copy to review, the Guardian has - of course! - reviewed the album anyway.

Morrissey: California Son review – clumsy covers with a troll-like spirit (1 of 5 stars) - The Guardian

In the words of Laura Snapes: "it is impossible to hear a number of the covers on California Son in anything but a chilling light."

And they're rather proud of this 1-star review, also mentioning it in their report of the Liverpool posters incident:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...erpools-merseyrail-transport-network#comments

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
a 1/5 review makes The Guardian a fool of itself. They want to prove Morrissey has lost it but it's them instead.

LOL. She looks like one of those broads who thinks not shaving her legs is really sticking it to the man.

Yawn.

Wow these type of comments blow my mind, you’re a grown man ffs. I’d sooner call a woman a c*** than resort to picking on her appearance. It’s not cool man, and it’s not relevant. Playground bullies.

Wow these type of comments blow my mind, you’re a grown man ffs. I’d sooner call a woman a c*** than resort to picking on her appearance. It’s not cool man, and it’s not relevant. Playground bullies.

It is relevant. As Wilde said, "it is only shallow people who do not judge by appearances." And that's true. There's also a difference between offering conjecture on somebody's appearance on a website and insulting him or her directly in every day, face-to-face life, which in most cases is not warranted. But I look at her picture and know everything there is to know about her. Sorry if the cliche bothers you or hits too close to home but it's true. Feminists (and I've known many of them) seldom if ever have the intellectual chops to back up their cookie cutter ideologies and I can't tell you how many I've met who truly believe that wearing makeup or shaving their legs or their pits is a concession to the "oppressive tyrannical patriarchy." They're f***ed...and not in the way they'd like to be.

You want me to pick on her intellect instead? Re-read her "album review." Another 10th-rate journalist overcompensating for her failed aspiration to be a political polemicist. Almost every review I've read of this album focuses more on Morrissey's politics than his music. It's f***ing absurd.

"Broads," really? Is this the 1950's?

I wish!

Tags
california son info california son review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom