Can Morrissey keep his most hardcore fan contingent - Latino Americans - on side? - NME

Can king of controversy Morrissey keep his most hardcore fan contingent – Latino Americans – on side? - NME

The musical icon's forthright opinions are losing him fans at home, but the passion famously runs deep among his Latino fanbase.

By Bob Chiarito.

Excerpt:

"Former Moz fan Dave Haslam recently helped organise an anti-racism party during the singer’s scheduled Manchester concert in July, a concert that Morrissey claimed on his website was cancelled “Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control.”

“He had to cancel his shows in Manchester because of our boycott,” said Lois Browne, coordinator of the UK-based group Love Music Hate Racism that teamed with Haslam.

“It showed the solidarity of people and that the majority do not accept racism or fascist ideas. Of course, he gave a different reason for the cancellation,” Browne said. Morrissey refused to comment for this article.

While the issues that Haslam and Browne protested Morrissey’s shows for can arguably be described as more pertinent to the UK than to Latino-Americans, racism against any group is often viewed harshly by all minority groups."

A selection of people quoted on the topic.
Nothing staggeringly new asserted.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
5_A64_A543_8_AE0_43_A9_BCF7_C42979105641.jpg

He scheduled the tour too soon after the earlier concerts in Feb/Match. Its as simple as that.
Dave Hasbeen has an overinflated sense if his own importance.
Morrissey will never keep his mouth shut and why should he!
Theres enough self-serving lily livered artistss and wannabees like Haslam keeping on the right side of the PC media, lest they smear their lovely careers.
The bland leading the bland.
Morrissey has said nothing wrong. There is such censorship of the truth at present that there is no room for civilised discussion in the mainstream media or socal media for that matter, without resorting to knee jerk reactions and name-calling.
How could morrissey be such a shameless liar and racist.
Tommy Robinson was treated wonderfully.
Halal slaughter sends the lucky animals off to sleep with lullabys.
Under Sharia law little girls go to sleep safely every night with no fear of their childhood being taken away.
And anyone who says otherwise is a racist.
The lack of ticket sales was down to him scheduling dates too close to the recent gigs AND due to him losing some of the lefties in his fanbase.
I met a guy at a gig the other day who was wearing a Smiths t shirt. Spoke to him about Moz and he said he would never again buy a Morrissey record or ticket because he was so angry about Morrissey's recent comments. I expect there are a fair few people like him (including Moz's detractors on this forum) so Moz's opinions will have had some effect on ticket sales. I doubt Haslam's event made much of a difference.

Pure rubbish!! The NME focus so much in the destruction of Morrissey, why? Simply cause they have become like the music version of The Sun or The Mirror. Rubbish journalism on demand!

Pure rubbish!! The NME focus so much in the destruction of Morrissey, why? Simply cause they have become like the music version of The Sun or The Mirror. Rubbish journalism on demand!

I think it is their revenge for the lawsuit they lost earlier. Never underestimate the impact of such bitter disputes.

I think it is their revenge for the lawsuit they lost earlier. Never underestimate the impact of such bitter disputes.
They didn't lose. They settled out of court for no money and a non-apology.

You mean Latinos are too stupid ro realize that?
Probably just too unaware. Either way, we will find out before too long. That sold out Mexico City date is still not sold out.

So Moz has the right to say what he wants and to have his opinion, but the NME or these journalists or even any journalists do not have the right to have their opinion ....
And no need for the NME or other newspapers to divide the fans, Morrissey does it very well himself.

So Moz has the right to say what he wants and to have his opinion, but the NME or these journalists or even any journalists do not have the right to have their opinion ....
And no need for the NME or other newspapers to divide the fans, Morrissey does it very well himself.
They're a music news magazine. Their opinions are usually left to reviewing albums.

They're a music news magazine. Their opinions are usually left to reviewing albums.
If they like the album, they're a good journalists, if not they're a bad journalists.
It confirms what I think about die hard fans of Moz, and Moz himself.... Narcissism, oversized ego and inferiority complex and feeble mind.... (aka vegan cro spirit among others). DTC

Can king of controversy Morrissey keep his most hardcore fan contingent – Latino Americans – on side? - NME

The musical icon's forthright opinions are losing him fans at home, but the passion famously runs deep among his Latino fanbase.

By Bob Chiarito.

Excerpt:

"Former Moz fan Dave Haslam recently helped organise an anti-racism party during the singer’s scheduled Manchester concert in July, a concert that Morrissey claimed on his website was cancelled “Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control.”

“He had to cancel his shows in Manchester because of our boycott,” said Lois Browne, coordinator of the UK-based group Love Music Hate Racism that teamed with Haslam.

“It showed the solidarity of people and that the majority do not accept racism or fascist ideas. Of course, he gave a different reason for the cancellation,” Browne said. Morrissey refused to comment for this article.

While the issues that Haslam and Browne protested Morrissey’s shows for can arguably be described as more pertinent to the UK than to Latino-Americans, racism against any group is often viewed harshly by all minority groups."

A selection of people quoted on the topic.
Nothing staggeringly new asserted.
Regards,
FWD.

Any group with " HATE" in their title will not get support.
I think it was Mother Teresa who said when invited to an anti-war rally, that she would never give her attention to anything that was anti or against something, as they were already defeated before they began.
One of the few hings I would agree with her on.
The Enemy promoted this group iLove Music Hate Racism in a campaign in 2007which brought them to prominence I'm sure they're very grateful.
The NME lost a case of slander against Morrissey after many libelous articles.
No bitterness I'm sure.
Dave Haslam had a new book to promote, perfect opportunity for self promotion.
Their combined efforts to promote an anti Morrissey campaign culminating in this event, petered out like a silent fart in a cheese factory.
Morrissey s concerts didn't go ahead because they were too soon after the Feb/march gigs.
The hollow posturing of the three parties involved in this glorious fight against Racism is painful in its feeble rhetoric against Morrissey.
"The majority do not accept Racism or fascist ideas",, Well neither do I and a lot of Morrissey s less faint hearted fans, who won't be deserting him anytime soon.

If they like the album, they're a good journalists, if not they're a bad journalists.
It confirms what I think about die hard fans of Moz, and Moz himself.... Narcissism, oversized ego and inferiority complex and feeble mind.... (aka vegan cro spirit among others). DTC
It confirms what you think? What does? Your mind? So far we've established your mind confirms what you think. Okay, now we're getting somewhere... as in nowhere. I'm guessing it doesn't take much to confirm your thoughts.

I couldn't care less what the NME thinks of a Morrissey album or any other album for that matter. Music news has been irrelevant for quite some time now. I usually decide if I like an album myself by using my mind.

Sometimes Jesse it's better to be thought of as an idiot rather than to take to Twitter and confirm it.

At moments like this, I would normally say, "Jesse: shut up and play your guitar." But, alas, I've heard him playing his guitar, so I won't.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom