Celebrities and their schooldays - Morrissey included

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3JOl3YaDCQI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3JOl3YaDCQI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

the longest insult I've ever read. *@#&!

Could that 'reverie' actually be deep thinking? :rolleyes: ;)

I could see that about Jude Law. His arrogance, confidence and popularity :horny:

Morrissey attending an anti-abortion rally?!
Does anybody know something about him being pro-life? I find it hard to believe he is...

Does anybody know something about him being pro-life? I find it hard to believe he is...

I just came to the board to find this out too.
I'm definitely not getting a moz tattoo if he's anti-abortion. But he CAN'T be... I wish he'd say something on this.

some people seem to think "this night has opened my eyes" is his anti- abortion song.
i am not saying i think that, though it could be read as that.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZWEzNmQwM2NmZWIwYTFhMGJlZDNlNGE1NWY3NGM4NDg=
“This Night Has Opened My Eyes,” by The Smiths. buy CD on Amazon.com
The lyrics may hold several meanings, but many pro-lifers read them as a haunting ballad in the aftermath of abortion or infanticide: “A shoeless child on a swing / Reminds you of your own again.”

OK, this reminded me of Moz saying that he got into trouble with an Arts teacher in High School because of the NY dolls, so I checked and it was on Q&A on TTY. The Question was about the NY Dolls in the Meltdown and the Arthur Kane documentary , what it meant to Moz. Here is what he had to say

I often find it hard to believe that it all happened because I obviously see that isolated 14-year-old in Manchester in 1973 having no one to talk to about this LP called "The New York Dolls". I did a montage of Dolls photos for art class and the teacher was so appalled that she burst into tears and passed it around to each boy in the class denouncing the sickness and depravity of the Dolls. This teacher appeared years later on one of those bitchy Smiths television documentaries, still apparently upset. So, with all of these things in mind, it's miraculous to jump ahead 30 years and to assess the chain of events that led to Meltdown

Now I wonder if it was the same teacher... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Possibly at that time Morrissey was anti-abortion, but later changed his mind to pro-abortion?

OK, this reminded me of Moz saying that he got into trouble with an Arts teacher in High School because of the NY dolls, so I checked and it was on Q&A on TTY. The Question was about the NY Dolls in the Meltdown and the Arthur Kane documentary , what it meant to Moz. Here is what he had to say

I often find it hard to believe that it all happened because I obviously see that isolated 14-year-old in Manchester in 1973 having no one to talk to about this LP called "The New York Dolls". I did a montage of Dolls photos for art class and the teacher was so appalled that she burst into tears and passed it around to each boy in the class denouncing the sickness and depravity of the Dolls. This teacher appeared years later on one of those bitchy Smiths television documentaries, still apparently upset. So, with all of these things in mind, it's miraculous to jump ahead 30 years and to assess the chain of events that led to Meltdown

Now I wonder if it was the same teacher... :rolleyes:

It's totally outrageous that a teacher humiliated a pupil in front of the class. :(

Last edited:
Possibly at that time Morrissey was anti-abortion, but later changed his mind to pro-abortion?

he does seem to stick to his guns, though, doesn't he?
I wish he'd clarify.

I think everyone is anti-abortion when they're young. I was very anti-abortion for a long time.
I still dont agree with it to be used as a means of contraception or when it is carried out up to 4 and 5 months into the pregnancy but other than that I dont see a problem.I think Morrissey probably has the same or similar opinion on it now as I do.

I want to hug Thom Yorke.

Awww...I was appauled one of my English friends said Thom was ugly when Radiohead was becoming a household name. :(

She's a Gurardian reader, possibly regretting what she said.

Awww...I was appauled one of my English friends said Thom was ugly when Radiohead was becoming a household name. :(

She's a Gurardian reader, possibly regretting what she said.

I've always had a crush on Thom. :o

I Know... :(

It must have been difficult for him to attend that school and its claustrophobic environment.
I reckon he knew what reaction that montage would produce from the teacher. He probably didn't expect it to be handed around the class though.Personally I think at that age I would find it humiliating because you are automatically being labelled as an outsider by the teacher's actions but maybe it made him feel a stronger sense of conviction about why he liked this band.
There was the dictionary incident too which I think was also done to provoke.

Back
Top Bottom