Chain Gang Progress - Morrissey Central (14th Nov.)

44884_44883_unnamed-1_bbgvhu.jpg

Morrissey's new single "Back On The Chain Gang" has had an excellent across-the-board first week on U.S. radio making it the fastest rising single in Morrissey's career.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/chain-gang-progress

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may remember the Low in High School-Tour has been going for some time in the US, including sell out-shows at Madison Square Gardens and 2 nights at Hollywood Bowl.
Yes I was at all three of those gigs 12 months ago..... and it wasn't Madison Square Gardens arena but the small 2-3000 small theatre inside MSG.
I was also outside the venue at Philly when he cancelled at 3pm....

Makes ya really wonder why Moz hadn't covered Back On The Chain Gang until now.
He's probably been listenin' to the song for a long time and it really fits his style.
Makes ya really see how much of a influence Chrissie Hynde has been on Moz too.
Hey, guess it was just the right time to drop this vibrant version.
Moz was really feelin' it in this moment.

Oh I see, I was stalking all your posts...

You utter f***ing liar.

Some time ago I gave you a troll rating and the next morning woke up to 60 notifications from you. I reported you and was informed that some others have reported you for ratings abuse as well, so I suggest you proceed carefully (unless your goal is to get banned).

In fact, you are rather notorious for your rating frenzies:
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/someones-on-a-mission.141105/page-2#post-1987043414

Now go away quickly you ridiculous clown.

View attachment 46384
View attachment 46384 View attachment 46385

Your perception of events is almost as comical as your treasonous attacks on Morrissey and anyone that defends him.
Woke up? Another lie, everyone knows you don't sleep, you live on this site spouting hatred and dull pointless anecdotes about your miserable existence. You, Brummie boy, Skinney and Camera are all trolls, so the ratings I've given you are justified.

Attachments

• 20181114_174156.jpg
    20181114_174156.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 0
  • 20181114_174143.jpg
    20181114_174143.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20181114_174130.jpg
    20181114_174130.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20181114_174116.jpg
    20181114_174116.jpg
    889.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20181114_174105.jpg
    20181114_174105.jpg
    872.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20181114_174051.jpg
    20181114_174051.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Don’t worry, I’ve had these mad troll-raids too, from Cheswick and ThickSkinny.
Just shows how infant-like they really are.

Last edited:
.. Just in what way is this superior to all those reality television popstars covering Adele or Ed Sheeran or whoever to get their few minutes of screen time?

In what way is it not superior?

:cool:

I don't know that I'd be crowing about it being the fastest rising single of his career.
Seeing as how it's someone else's song and all.

A Christmas gift for Chrissie, I’m sure she’s not
complaining.

:cool:

This is presented with precisely zero numbers to back it up. On previous occasions, numbers or positions have been quoted.
It's like saying you've won a race against Usain Bolt after he had his legs chopped off. ~The relative figures may show something to that effect, but the absolute figures will tell a different story. This 'story' reeks of the desperation of finding a diamond ring in a sewage farm. Number one? No. Sold 10,000? No. Well, Katsis, what can we say? A-ha! 105 last week with sales of 500 in the vinyl charts, 23 this week with sales of 1200 in the vinyl charts - that's a rise of ....82 places! in the vinyl chart! Go report it! But DON'T mention the figures, just something vague.

Making statements without any facts to back them up? Skinny - that is your f***ing forte.

NO ONE is as irrelevant as Aztec...maybe the British butcher guy.
yes its a three horse race with skinny,aztec and Benjamin the british butcher.

Makes ya really wonder why Moz hadn't covered Back On The Chain Gang until now.
He's probably been listenin' to the song for a long time and it really fits his style.
Makes ya really see how much of a influence Chrissie Hynde has been on Moz too.
Hey, guess it was just the right time to drop this vibrant version.
Moz was really feelin' it in this moment.
this could almost run in tandem with the cover versions album in that people who hear him do a good cover will be interested in what the other songs on the album sound like.

If you're going to present a glib statement like this, you'd have done your homework, right?

Surely they wouldn't have said this without working out...

1) On what chart are you making these comments? Regular? Vinyl? Download? Streaming?
2) What does fastest rising mean? On what chart, and over what time period?
3) What are the absolute, not relative figures that back the claim?
4) Of his career? How do both the relative and absolute figures stack up against each other single of his career - what figures do you have for those?

Once you can answer all these questions, you might have a point, but until then, it's a glib, pointless statement urging a limited audience to believe he's still relevant.

If you're the kind of person to take a statement like this at face value while not questioning the evidence and simultaneously disengaging your critical faculties, then I'm afraid you're the kind of person that will believe any old shit. Maybe you want to.
I love how Morrissey as managed to say some trivial yet quite nasty things, and still come up smelling of roses. The blokes a genius, and all the haters who went for the Jugular this year now look like a bunch of miserable, useless old men, which in fact they are. Time you stopped posting Skinny, Dave Haslam seems to have given up too, blown out the MFKin water. Moz is Genius!! :bow:

I love how Morrissey as managed to say some trivial yet quite nasty things, and still come up smelling of roses. The blokes a genius, and all the haters who went for the Jugular this year now look like a bunch of miserable, useless old men, which in fact they are. Time you stopped posting Skinny, Dave Haslam seems to have given up too, blown out the MFKin water. Moz is Genius!! :bow:

Not sure he has come up smelling of roses in the UK?

He has played 3 US gigs not counting the festival to 10500 people with a good set list. He is about to release a rehash of a poorly selling album, an album of cover versions and a cover version of a Pretenders hit, who knows how well these will sell. If sales are good maybe people can claim he has comeback up smelling of roses.

Not sure he has come up smelling of roses in the UK?

He has played 3 US gigs not counting the festival to 10500 people with a good set list. He is about to release a rehash of a poorly selling album, an album of cover versions and a cover version of a Pretenders hit, who knows how well these will sell. If sales are good maybe people can claim he has comeback up smelling of roses.
Well you miserable Mother f***er, be Happy, just for a f***ing change,

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

This is presented with precisely zero numbers to back it up. On previous occasions, numbers or positions have been quoted.
It's like saying you've won a race against Usain Bolt after he had his legs chopped off. ~The relative figures may show something to that effect, but the absolute figures will tell a different story. This 'story' reeks of the desperation of finding a diamond ring in a sewage farm. Number one? No. Sold 10,000? No. Well, Katsis, what can we say? A-ha! 105 last week with sales of 500 in the vinyl charts, 23 this week with sales of 1200 in the vinyl charts - that's a rise of ....82 places! in the vinyl chart! Go report it! But DON'T mention the figures, just something vague.

It's obvious that news from Morrissey is exclusively posted for Morrissey-Solo.com readers. Who else is reading?

As much as he claims to not care about his dwindled fame, he really does care, and what come from this site bothers him greatly.

Fasting rising single? He's invented an entirely new category for achievement.

Besides, I don't like the cover. Needs more skin heads. Maybe a Tommy Robinson pic.

Your perception of events is almost as comical as your treasonous attacks on Morrissey and anyone that defends him.
Woke up? Another lie, everyone knows you don't sleep, you live on this site spouting hatred and dull pointless anecdotes about your miserable existence. You, Brummie boy, Skinney and Camera are all trolls, so the ratings I've given you are justified.
Treasonous?

Morrissey is a country. I thought he was a cult leader.

I’m very happy thanks, went to a fab New Order gig last Friday night. Morrissey is just one of many artists/bands I like.
Ok, no offence intended, I'm just glad to see Morrissey up and running again, and it looks good to me, so I'm happy

You're pathetic. Your posts always "reek of" desperate attempts to appear clever.
If we were to bother to put some thought into this, which you clearly did not, what is "the desperation of finding a diamond ring in a sewage farm" supposed to mean? If you substitute "looking for" in place of "finding" I guess it makes sense but it also completely changes the meaning.
Never have I ever encountered someone so stupid who seems desperate to make themselves appear intelligent. And that is saying something because I'm familiar with realitybite's posts.
It's realitybites'.

Hugely successful US tour? 4 dates in SoCal.....
At least non were cancelled, so I guess it was a success!

Exactly. USA tour,oh my. These people don't realize how stupid they are helping to make Moz look. Not that he needs help these days.

Morrissey is now an old homo Trump. No debate on that.
Compared to someone like brett and Suede Moz and his shit band are embarrassing- awful lyrics. Desperate to be popular. Retarded comments

What a joke

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom