Chain Gang Progress - Morrissey Central (14th Nov.)

44884_44883_unnamed-1_bbgvhu.jpg

Morrissey's new single "Back On The Chain Gang" has had an excellent across-the-board first week on U.S. radio making it the fastest rising single in Morrissey's career.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/chain-gang-progress

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
'This century' is a wide margin, it's easily been 10 years or more since Morrissey had a "high profile' success.
‘High profile’ is relative too. His last 3 albums all went top 20 in the US, something he didn’t accomplish in the 90s.
And not something most of his contemporaries have succeeded in doing the past 10 years.

‘High profile’ is relative too. His last 3 albums all went top 20 in the US, something he didn’t accomplish in the 90s.
And not something most of his contemporaries have succeeded in doing the past 10 years.

Vauxhall & I would like to have a word with you.

It's the smarmy framing of microscopic success that bothers me the most.

Morrissey is just too Trumpian in his self-promotion for me to be comfortable with at this point. It comes across as vain, and insecure.

If the material was stronger, and he hadn't sodomized certain politicians, or platforms, then it would be just as excusable as his past flirtation with questionable topics.

It just seems like too much editorializing in his favor at this point.

Fastest rising song in Morrissey's history? It's a cover, and he's a pock mark on the musical landscape at this point. Surely, Flock Of Seagulls should be strutting just as proudly.

Take a lap, lads!

Spotify
Morrissey
Back on the Chain Gang - 282,795

Youtube
Morrissey
Back on the Chain Gang - 392,543

Impressive stuff.... I would have thought "fastest rising single" was exclusively left for bulbous salutations to Damon on a Sunday morning.
Not bad at all for an old todger. Let's just hope those blue pills are vegan

If you're going to present a glib statement like this, you'd have done your homework, right?

Surely they wouldn't have said this without working out...

1) On what chart are you making these comments? Regular? Vinyl? Download? Streaming?
2) What does fastest rising mean? On what chart, and over what time period?
3) What are the absolute, not relative figures that back the claim?
4) Of his career? How do both the relative and absolute figures stack up against each other single of his career - what figures do you have for those?

Once you can answer all these questions, you might have a point, but until then, it's a glib, pointless statement urging a limited audience to believe he's still relevant.

If you're the kind of person to take a statement like this at face value while not questioning the evidence and simultaneously disengaging your critical faculties, then I'm afraid you're the kind of person that will believe any old shit. Maybe you want to.

You mention "the kind of person that will believe any old shit" - aren't you the one who 'broke' the Boz has left the band and Moz and Joyce were lovers non-stories? If I remember correctly you got the information from some bloke you met at a convention for utter c***s.

Spotify
Morrissey
Back on the Chain Gang - 282,795

Youtube
Morrissey
Back on the Chain Gang - 392,543

Wonder how the industry makes money nowadays, when you see all these views/listens and only a couple of thousand people pay for an actual product, in this case a vinyl single?

Last edited:
It’s his fastest rising single in terms of radio airplay in the US, which makes absolute sense after a hugely succesful US Tour plus TV/radio-appearances.
There is no physical release yet so there are no numbers mentioned.

Great news all around!
Hugely successful US tour? 4 dates in SoCal.....
At least non were cancelled, so I guess it was a success!

"fastest rising" literally means nothing. I love Morrissey Central and just how faux propaganda it is. We've ALWAYS been at war with Eurasia.

The "fastest rising single.." thing would probably seem more impressive if it were his own song, rather than one many people will be familiar with already. It shows that the Pretenders still have a strong fanbase, if anything.
It is what, a 35 year old song? It would be like Morrissey in 1992--his absolute prime, releasing a cover of a marginal hit from 1957. On second thought, it could have worked with Morrissey's rockabilly persona in full effect. That actually would've been pretty cool.

Hugely successful US tour? 4 dates in SoCal.....
At least non were cancelled, so I guess it was a success!
You may remember the Low in High School-Tour has been going for some time in the US, including sell out-shows at Madison Square Gardens and 2 nights at Hollywood Bowl.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom