Chain Gang Progress - Morrissey Central (14th Nov.)

44884_44883_unnamed-1_bbgvhu.jpg

Morrissey's new single "Back On The Chain Gang" has had an excellent across-the-board first week on U.S. radio making it the fastest rising single in Morrissey's career.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/chain-gang-progress

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may remember the Low in High School-Tour has been going for some time in the US, including sell out-shows at Madison Square Gardens and 2 nights at Hollywood Bowl.
When 75% of the setlist was from World Peace and Low in HS? Also, let's be honest, it was Madison Square Garden THEATER, not the iconic sports arena. Just to be fair.

When 75% of the setlist was from World Peace and Low in HS? Also, let's be honest, it was Madison Square Garden THEATER, not the iconic sports arena. Just to be fair.

And let's not forget the remainder of the tour was cancelled immediately after that so-so show at the Madison Square Garden Theater.

If you're going to present a glib statement like this, you'd have done your homework, right?

Surely they wouldn't have said this without working out...

1) On what chart are you making these comments? Regular? Vinyl? Download? Streaming?
2) What does fastest rising mean? On what chart, and over what time period?
3) What are the absolute, not relative figures that back the claim?
4) Of his career? How do both the relative and absolute figures stack up against each other single of his career - what figures do you have for those?

Once you can answer all these questions, you might have a point, but until then, it's a glib, pointless statement urging a limited audience to believe he's still relevant.

If you're the kind of person to take a statement like this at face value while not questioning the evidence and simultaneously disengaging your critical faculties, then I'm afraid you're the kind of person that will believe any old shit. Maybe you want to.
Are you okay?

The recent US tour apart from the festivals were at venues which had capacity for 7k, 2.2k and 1.4k, so 1 big and 2 small ones, so yes successful from turning up and a good set list but I wouldn’t say it was anything to get carried away with.

It is what, a 35 year old song? It would be like Morrissey in 1992--his absolute prime, releasing a cover of a marginal hit from 1957. On second thought, it could have worked with Morrissey's rockabilly persona in full effect. That actually would've been pretty cool.

Golden Lights, Work Is A Four Letter Word.

It’s his fastest rising single in terms of radio airplay in the US, which makes absolute sense after a hugely succesful US Tour plus TV/radio-appearances.
There is no physical release yet so there are no numbers mentioned.

Great news all around!

Great take from Thewlis...again. To all..Please consider that chart numbers in today's, "music-business", are as reliable as U.S. election vote counts. It's all whose in and whose out...what one looks like and what their voice can be machined into.....usually.
Morrissey is still going at 70...well 69 and who else of his genre is still going with shows...just that...on tour ...almost always ? Moz loves the stage..performing...and the classics of his-my time...This B.O.T.C.G. tune sounds great...so does the Lynn Anderson, Rose Garden cover...not to mention Waylon Jennings cover "..Hank.."
Even the greatest...Mr. Sinatra and Mr. Presley ...not to mention dear Miss Judy Garland...had their great times...and not so great times. That show business.
Rock n' Roll Music will never die on account of artists like Morrissey who love it. Thanks Moz .Hi Nancy

His posts are utterly cringing, I marked one as redundant and he went on a trolling spree, grading all my old posts. View attachment 46383

You started the trolling spree and you still are. I was fighting back. That's what Americans like your California Son Steve Morrissey do. They fight back against delusional psychotic Anti-American terrorist foreigner coward jealous liars fantasizing they are at Morrissey concerts in Moz Angeles or San Diego because Air Morrissey will never play or not come back for 8 years to your backwards town. Do you people realize how different Morrissey is from you?

Last edited:
'This century' is a wide margin, it's easily been 10 years or more since Morrissey had a "high profile' success.
But what does success even mean? Xfactor winners are usually wildly successful but are always 100% crap. Morrissey is doing very well for a man who doesn't play the game and who often speaks before the circuit breaker kicks in. His concerts are successful and I always see lines of people buying merchandise at the concerts. And here we are in 2018 still following him and reading Moz Solo.
Ok he might not be high profile but thats because Adele, One Direction, Little Mix, and the likes hog all the limelight, when in reality they should be fleeing down fog drenched cobbled Whitechapel streets.

You started the trolling spree and you still are. I was just fighting back. That's what Americans like your California Son Steve Morrissey do. They fight back against delusional psychotic Anti-American terrorist foreigner coward liars fantasizing they are at a Morrissey concert in San Diego. Do you people realize how different Morrissey is from you?
Not true, as I said in my previous post, I marked one of your many awful posts as redundant and you went mad... using the search engine to find my activity history, perusing through all my posts. I woke up to find 21 notifications from you.
This isn't the first time on this site one of you loonies has acted upon their autistic urges.

Edit
Aww see, 12" on the slack was the other weirdo stalking all by posts.

Last edited:
His posts are utterly cringing, I marked one as redundant and he went on a trolling spree, grading all my old posts. View attachment 46383

I think you two need to go to mediation, MODS can we get a mediation section, i really think that would be helpful with Skinney being the mediator. It will give him something useful to do like a recovering alcoholic running an AA group .

Last edited:
But what does success even mean? Xfactor winners are usually wildly successful but are always 100% crap. Morrissey is doing very well for a man who doesn't play the game and who often speaks before the circuit breaker kicks in. His concerts are successful and I always see lines of people buying merchandise at the concerts. And here we are in 2018 still following him and reading Moz Solo.
Ok he might not be high profile but thats because Adele, One Direction, Little Mix, and the likes hog all the limelight, when in reality they should be fleeing down fog drenched cobbled Whitechapel streets.

Spot on ...again Acton. The American music scene is well...flat, frightful....More visuals...imagery ...git ups and face jobs, than actual music and quality. Some provide auditory ear fatigue within seconds.
Please remember friends, Morrissey had that lime light bigger than most in the 80s...90s...The Smiths and the Golden days of MTV here in the U.S. .....truly amazing. That happens almost never.....Y.K.I.C.L.

I don't know that I'd be crowing about it being the fastest rising single of his career.
Seeing as how it's someone else's song and all.

I think you two need to go to mediation, MODS can we get a mediation section, i really think that would be helpful with Skinney being the mediator. It will give him something useful to do like an ex Alcoholic running an AA group.

Yup ! And you skinny...go to your room, until your sweet disposition improves lad.

Not true, as I said in my previous post, I marked one of your many awful posts as redundant and you went mad... using the search engine to find my activity history, perusing through all my posts. I woke up to find 21 notifications from you.
This isn't the first time on this site one of you loonies has acted upon their autistic urges.

Edit
Aww see, 12" on the slack was the other weirdo stalking all by posts.

Oh I see, I was stalking all your posts...

You utter f***ing liar.

Some time ago I gave you a troll rating and the next morning woke up to 60 notifications from you. I reported you and was informed that some others have reported you for ratings abuse as well, so I suggest you proceed carefully (unless your goal is to get banned).

In fact, you are rather notorious for your rating frenzies:
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/someones-on-a-mission.141105/page-2#post-1987043414

Now go away quickly you ridiculous clown.

Screenshot 2018-11-14 at 16.17.03.png

Screenshot 2018-11-14 at 16.17.03.png
Screenshot 2018-11-14 at 16.17.17.png

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/someones-on-a-mission.141105/page-2

Last edited:
I don't know that I'd be crowing about it being the fastest rising single of his career.
Seeing as how it's someone else's song and all.

If true, I think that surely reflects more on the record buying public than it does him. I mean, he's released some pretty good singles since 1983 after all.

If true, I think that surely reflects more on the record buying public than it does him. I mean, he's released some pretty good singles since 1983 after all.
I would agree. But then, the public usually doesn't go for the best, but the most catchy and/or familiar.
He wouldn't be the first to turn a cover to his advantage.

From reading the great man's autobiography there appears there is no chart that he doesn't love. Stool chart, height chart, pop chart...

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom