Chain Gang Progress - Morrissey Central (14th Nov.)

44884_44883_unnamed-1_bbgvhu.jpg

Morrissey's new single "Back On The Chain Gang" has had an excellent across-the-board first week on U.S. radio making it the fastest rising single in Morrissey's career.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/chain-gang-progress

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Christmas gift for Chrissie, I’m sure she’s not
complaining.

:cool:

Maybe, but has she complimented it either? Serious question given he is putting so much effort behind its performance and release. FWD is always a good resource for these kind of things. Has she made her feelings known about his cover version? She may not do a lot of social media, but it seems like the sound of silence here.

Your perception of events is almost as comical as your treasonous attacks on Morrissey and anyone that defends him.
Woke up? Another lie, everyone knows you don't sleep, you live on this site spouting hatred and dull pointless anecdotes about your miserable existence. You, Brummie boy, Skinney and Camera are all trolls, so the ratings I've given you are justified.
“...treasonous attacks”! Lol!!!!

Have a clue, princess.

Agree with evennow. Chrissie hates this and is too nice to say so. :guitar::tears::guitar:

The riff has been buthchered. The vocal is pitchy as f*** and about as bland as a wooden bowl of cold gruel. ...and Morrissey feigning guitar? Absolutely ridiculous.

Chrissie is just rolling her eyes and chuckling, along with the rest of the aurally gifted, cognitive world.

NO ONE is as irrelevant as Aztec...maybe the British butcher guy.
When 75% of the setlist was from World Peace and Low in HS? Also, let's be honest, it was Madison Square Garden THEATER, not the iconic sports arena. Just to be fair.

I reckon I got your "schtick" now Richard Ramirez. I used a New Youaaawrk woaaard. You are one of those jealous "fans" from New Youaaawrk, Baaaaaston, and Chicaaaaaawgow that I put in the foreigner jealous fan class. Where you are jealous of fans in Moz Angeles and the rest of Southern California because he plays concerts here every 6 months and 4 in 2 weeks and you can't accept that your idol the California Son is an LA surfer dude. Stop talking shit, put on your Yankee hat like a foreigner, and go hang out in front of Dolly Madison Gardens or whatever it's called and fantasize you are at The Sunset Marquis.

Last edited:
I call bullshit, no one on the radio stations is playing it. You will have a better chance of hearing Selena’s cover version of the song on the radio then you will Morrissey’s and her version came out over 20 years ago. Keep living in delusion and denials asswipes.

I call bullshit, no one on the radio stations is playing it. You will have a better chance of hearing Selena’s cover version of the song on the radio then you will Morrissey’s and her version came out over 20 years ago. Keep living in delusion and denials asswipes.
iv got 60000 radio stations coming through my tv,im sure you have listened to everyone of these.

In the UK Radio 6 and Radio 2 haven't put it on their playlist yet, hopefully they will do so at the time of release.
Johnny Marr is still on there, good for him!

It shouldn't be a surprise to any adult that you are more likely to grow out of a teenage minded lyricist, than the music behind those lyrics.

Music speaks for itself, words and ideas decay with time; like bad comedy from a forgotten era. It's been an interesting process listening to songs I once cherished, now seeming a bit trite, and overwrought; but no one should feel ashamed at keeping promises they made to themselves at sixteen.

The longer Morrissey's career exists, the more damage he does to his back catalog.

A covers album is a sign that he is out of stream, and just looking to enlarge the pension with whatever he can hustle from a naive record company.

He's become an ugly man with nothing to say. Toxic, and ungraceful, with the face of a deformed bulldog.

Youth is wasted on the young, but old age is the punishment.

Spotify
Morrissey
Back on the Chain Gang - 282,795
Up to 300,000 now. Spent the Day in Bed has 8,5 million, his most succesful single in over a decade.
Chain Gang will reach a million I'm but without radio Airplay it won't achieve much more.

Up to 300,000 now. Spent the Day in Bed has 8,5 million, his most succesful single in over a decade.
Chain Gang will reach a million I'm but without radio Airplay it won't achieve much more.
That’s great according to Spotify for every 150k plays the artist makes $100 so that’s $200 to date of which The writer of the song will get 95%. As I said yesterday how do the record companies make money nowadays?

Last edited:
Well yes, artists make very little money from streams I'm sure, but record companies must make considerably more.
Nothing's changed in that respect.

yes its a three horse race with skinny,aztec and Benjamin the british butcher.
Skinny may take it a bit too far for effect, but most of what he does is put a mirror up to the ugliness of what Morrissey, himself has become. Yeah it sucks, but don't blame Skinny for the ignorant sh** Morrissey does, says, or...wears. I used to love and idolize Morrissey but the man has completely and utterly changed from his once great self. We still have the music, which I celebrate and am completely grateful for, but that was a different guy.

Morrissey has completely and utterly changed from his once great self. We still have the music, which I celebrate and am completely grateful for, but that was a different guy.
He is still very much the same man.
He still plays the same songs.
He still breathes the same music.
He will not change and he will not be nice.

Has Morrissey changed of have you?
I think you know the answer. I sure do.

Skinny may take it a bit too far for effect, but most of what he does is put a mirror up to the ugliness of what Morrissey, himself has become. Yeah it sucks, but don't blame Skinny for the ignorant sh** Morrissey does, says, or...wears. I used to love and idolize Morrissey but the man has completely and utterly changed from his once great self. We still have the music, which I celebrate and am completely grateful for, but that was a different guy.

He isn't a different guy at all. No one had a problem with everything he's said or done for years until he contradicted their politics.

You're pathetic. Your posts always "reek of" desperate attempts to appear clever.
If we were to bother to put some thought into this, which you clearly did not, what is "the desperation of finding a diamond ring in a sewage farm" supposed to mean? If you substitute "looking for" in place of "finding" I guess it makes sense but it also completely changes the meaning.
Never have I ever encountered someone so stupid who seems desperate to make themselves appear intelligent. And that is saying something because I'm familiar with realitybite's posts.

He always searches for the abject and refuses tho see the object. Nevertheless, in the case of the presented statement it is indeed designed to conceal more than it reveals.

I reckon I got your "schtick" now Richard Ramirez. I used a New Youaaawrk woaaard. You are one of those jealous "fans" from New Youaaawrk, Baaaaaston, and Chicaaaaaawgow that I put in the foreigner jealous fan class. Where you are jealous of fans in Moz Angeles and the rest of Southern California because he plays concerts here every 6 months and 4 in 2 weeks and you can't accept that your idol the California Son is an LA surfer dude. Stop talking shit, put on your Yankee hat like a foreigner, and go hang out in front of Dolly Madison Gardens or whatever it's called and fantasize you are at The Sunset Marquis.
More irrelevance.

He is still very much the same man.
He still plays the same songs.
He still breathes the same music.
He will not change and he will not be nice.

Has Morrissey changed of have you?
I think you know the answer. I sure do.
Morrissey has completely changed. Look at the lyrics from "The Queen Is Dead." Now review the lyrics from "Low In High School." The same person would not/could not write both.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom