Chain Gang Progress - Morrissey Central (14th Nov.)

44884_44883_unnamed-1_bbgvhu.jpg

Morrissey's new single "Back On The Chain Gang" has had an excellent across-the-board first week on U.S. radio making it the fastest rising single in Morrissey's career.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/chain-gang-progress

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
"...The moods and the styles too frequently change...from 25 to 29.....from 29 to 59." T.G.L.L.T.
"Girl Least Likely To" is another example of how f***ing awesome he was as a lyricist! Who got credit for the music on that one? Outstanding composition and the guitar at the end is just the best! That is what we are missing. In fact, I am going to play that right now.

Last edited:
But change your entire writing style? How do you go from beautiful poetry to awkward, hamfisted, borderline illiterate prose? It would be like going from "To be or not to be..." to variations of "Roses are red..." I don't know, it just seems like too far a drop-off in quality. And I am a Morrissey fan, I still listen and hope.

Hey Johnnie.....Yup....good point. ...well put ! The difference is noticeable .....

"Girl Least Likely To" is another example of how f***ing awesome he was as a lyricist! Who got credit for the music on that one? Outstanding composition and the guitar at the end is just the best! That is what we are missing. In fact, I am going to play that right now.

The music writing credit is to Andy Rourke. However the song is a rip-off of 'Only to Other People' by 50s/60s girl group The Cookies.

OH WHY CAN'T MORRISSEY STICK TO THE IDEA WE HAVE OF HIM ?
I MEAN, I BOUGHT ALL THOSE RECORDS! AND GONE TO HIS SHOWS !
HE OWES IT TO US TO STAY IN THE BOX WE PUT HIM IN, AND TO NEVER EVER CHANGE.

JFC, surprised people aren't demanding he keep swinging gladioli over his head !

:cool:

JFC, surprised people aren't demanding he keep swinging gladioli over his head !

I.D.O.Y.A.

The music writing credit is to Andy Rourke. However the song is a rip-off of 'Only to Other People' by 50s/60s girl group The Cookies.

" There's always someone...somewhere...with a big nose who knows...they'll trip you up and laugh when you fall."

Perfect!

He's lucky he wasn't sued imho.
I would bet that Morrissey played that song for Andy (I doubt Andy even knew who the Cookies were) and directed him to come up with similar music so that he could sing his lyrics to a song that fit. "I've seen this happen in other people's life and now it's happening in mine," is a similar theme that Moz has used before, so that clearly was a favorite song of Morrissey.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom