Chicago, IL - Riot Fest - Thursday Preview Party (Sep. 16, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Never Had No One Ever / First Of The Gang To Die / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Lady Willpower / Knockabout World / You Have Killed Me / Back On The Chain Gang / Satan Rejected My Soul / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Samuel Valdez, FWD & setlist.fm

(2 lines from "My Way" prior to How Soon Is Now?).

Last edited:
Gary Glitter wrote better tunes and put on a better show.
GG also shagged his own daughter and her best friend ...
But in your sad little world the above means nothing...
Do this site a favour and f*** off

"The disgraced icon"

Oh please. They make him sound like Gary Glitter.

Morrissey is disgraced only in their hollow little heads.
The majority of people on this planet agree he is disgraced. His fascist views will soon cost him dearly. Mama Moz, you’ll have company soon. 🤣

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Never Had No One Ever / First Of The Gang To Die / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Lady Willpower / Knockabout World / You Have Killed Me / Back On The Chain Gang / Satan Rejected My Soul / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Samuel Valdez, FWD & setlist.fm

(2 lines from "My Way" prior to How Soon Is Now?).

Great review by the Chicago Sun Times with snippets of information about the songs and words in between and up to date photos of Morrissey. NME - one relatively unflattering photo of Morrissey from 2020 but their reporter manages to get a photo of one person wearing a stupid tee shirt with a turkey leg in his hand, and nothing of interest to say apart from psychic interpretations of why fans were there.
Great to see Morrissey looking and sounding so well.

Great review by the Chicago Sun Times with snippets of information about the songs and words in between and up to date photos of Morrissey. NME - one relatively unflattering photo of Morrissey from 2020 but their reporter manages to get a photo of one person wearing a stupid tee shirt with a turkey leg in his hand, and nothing of interest to say apart from psychic interpretations of why fans were there.

Where is the unflattering 2020 photo?

It's wrong of'em for gettin' so upset, but it ain't
really the biggest surprise.
It's the evolutionary constitution of the human.
Hyuk, I reckon yer gimmick is gettin’ a little tired. You really think that the only reason anyone disagrees with Morrissey is because of a latent discomfort they feel with his vegetarianism? What about all of his vegetarian and vegan fans who think he’s an asshole?

Hyuk, I reckon yer gimmick is gettin’ a little tired. You really think that the only reason anyone disagrees with Morrissey is because of a latent discomfort they feel with his vegetarianism? What about all of his vegetarian and vegan fans who think he’s an asshole?

Yep, the say it's cause he said or did so on and so forth,
but the Meat Is Murder stuff is what really gets'em.
I knew ya'd understand. :thumb:

Gary Glitter wrote better tunes and put on a better show.
plz-stop-post.jpg

:handpointup:

WTF? 'RETARD'?:bowing:

very suspicious. very very very similar to the poster known
as Comrade McMuffin🦜

:hammer:

Just watched the video. You could very well be right. I was interpreting the upraised fists as him having chains on his wrists: holding up the chains for all to see. Then, tapping one wrist as if tapping a chain handcuff. But, yes, he is tapping further up his arm... Ah, we'll never know, I suppose.
It could be both. 👍👍

Chrissie wrote "Back on the Chain Gang" as a memorial to band member Honeyman-Scott who died from a drug overdose.

AND after all, it's about being chained and we know Moz will die with both of his hands untied. 😎

It could be both. 👍👍

Chrissie wrote "Back on the Chain Gang" as a memorial to band member Honeyman-Scott who died from a drug overdose.

Thanks for that info, didn’t know. Would explain Morrissey’s gestures,
he must know that story behind the song.
AND after all, it's about being chained and we know Moz will die with both of his hands untied. 😎

Thanks for that info, didn’t know. Would explain Morrissey’s gestures,
he must know that story behind the song.
You're welcome. My best guess is he knows the meaning behind the song to its fullest through Chrissie, and that's the reason it's on the setlist. That is, for its commentary on the biz and how it controls and chains those in it.

I can't be bothered reading the NME thing - but could it be possible that people were there to hear him sing songs?

Here's a review of last night's show from the NME:
4 stars - 'Morrissey at Riot Fest review: pop’s problematic uncle wisely shuts up and plays the hit'

'If this Riot fest set proves anything, it’s that Morrissey can still sing and when he sticks to business instead of giving his opinion on Brexit, immigration, or the Chinese – all topics that have caused outrage – he is still among the best performers around. That’s not to say he doesn’t have the right to voice his opinion, but he cannot act surprised when even his staunchest fans are appalled by it.'

What a nerve - they demand he gives opinions & when he doesn't they make it up.

It could be both. 👍👍

@Jen M, As an English teacher/prof, I have to say that you have won the Internet with this post. Well done. :)

The majority of people on this planet agree he is disgraced. His fascist views will soon cost him dearly. Mama Moz, you’ll have company soon. 🤣
Stop using my sacred name !!!!!. I knew about your dissociative personality disorder, but it is more serious, you should ask for medical help!!!! Siome!!!

Stop using my sacred name !!!!!. I knew about your dissociative personality disorder, but it is more serious, you should ask for medical help!!!! Siome!!!
Don’t worry about it Louise...
I used to get someone posting as Carlisle rubbish and pestering me,
Not sure if it’s the same person ???

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom