Classic Pop: Sparks on Morrissey - "it's saddening, very disheartening"

In a new interview in Classic Pop, the Sparks are asked about Morrissey.
"We love so much of what he's done, to see his stance against humanity seems so contradictory. From his music we thought inclusion would be part of his views. When it comes to us versus them,
Morrissey seems to be on the side of them. It's very disheartening."

Scan posted by Famous when dead:

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
This just in: Morrissey shot a baby from point blank range

Nerak: Maybe the baby wanted to be shot, did anybody ever think to ask it?
From where I stand, I think the baby jumped in front of the bullet!

"In the wider cultural and social history of shooting babies, this occurrence isn't that uncommon. Other people shot babies before and they were worse. Also, Morrissey is an oppressed immigrant from a marginalised community, which diminishes his responsibility. It's possible that he had no idea what he was doing and thought the baby was a potato, due to his mental health issues."

I'm not going to read this thread, but I assume it's nearly 10 pages now of the usual suspects saying Morrissey sucks and the world is overrun by neo-Nazis or something because the Maels have had the guts to call Morrissey out as a big racist. Do I win something?

yes you win a radish burrito courtesy of super loon FGV. 🤒

He needs to revoke their backstage passes to his Los Angeles forum concert in 1991, these clownz don’t deserve em!!!!!
As the actual video plays ... just as it begins......WHERE YOU THERE ... no I wasn’t but it’s the best ever concert.. ever ................

I'm guessing they mean 'humanity' as in definition of 'the quality of being humane' (in regards to minorities, immigrants etc) rather than Morrissey having a stance against the collective entirety of human beings as a whole.
I tend to agree with Morrissey.

Professor Sigmund Freud, the genius theorist of human soul, stated once: human beings aren't a great thing at all.

"In the wider cultural and social history of shooting babies, this occurrence isn't that uncommon. Other people shot babies before and they were worse. Also, Morrissey is an oppressed immigrant from a marginalised community, which diminishes his responsibility. It's possible that he had no idea what he was doing and thought the baby was a potato, due to his mental health issues."
Fair dos.... I’m slightly jumping in here... when it comes to morrisseys mental health..... and shooting babies I’m totally lost here ... but looking at morrisseys mental health , I think he has many..... this doesn’t mean he’s a bad person..... I’ve been a mental health support worker in my past.... and have learned a lot on the subject... I suspect morrissey has at least 3-4? Issues 1st is obviously his depression, how bad it was we don’t know , I would think it really bad , ( well done Johnny) secondly he suffered panic attacks, thirdly he has obviously an eating disorder.... and fourthly and maybe most importantly perhaps a personality disorder..... which is , if true the most important one . And could ring true with me ...... a personality disorder comes from about 3-4 things in life that will alter a small child’s mind...... the worst is sexual abuse, secondly is physical abuse , thirdly is neglect of a child ..... I think morrissey comes in the latter of it all.. his parents divorce........he just couldn’t cope with it all ...

Right = bad. Left = good. Such nuance these days. They're going to have to stock up on pearls.

Fair dos.... I’m slightly jumping in here... when it comes to morrisseys mental health..... and shooting babies I’m totally lost here ... but looking at morrisseys mental health , I think he has many..... this doesn’t mean he’s a bad person..... I’ve been a mental health support worker in my past.... and have learned a lot on the subject... I suspect morrissey has at least 3-4? Issues 1st is obviously his depression, how bad it was we don’t know , I would think it really bad , ( well done Johnny) secondly he suffered panic attacks, thirdly he has obviously an eating disorder.... and fourthly and maybe most importantly perhaps a personality disorder..... which is , if true the most important one . And could ring true with me ...... a personality disorder comes from about 3-4 things in life that will alter a small child’s mind...... the worst is sexual abuse, secondly is physical abuse , thirdly is neglect of a child ..... I think morrissey comes in the latter of it all.. his parents divorce........he just couldn’t cope with it all ...

I want to respond but I'm really struggling to make sense of this post. Morrissey has lived with depression since his teens - are you trying to blame Johnny for that? Bizarre.

I've never read, heard or seen anything relating to Morrissey and panic attacks, where does this come from? Same with eating disorders.. what do you mean? It's a bit strange to suggest that Morrissey was a neglected child - he has been enormously coddled by his mother since the day he was born.

I want to respond but I'm really struggling to make sense of this post. Morrissey has lived with depression since his teens - are you trying to blame Johnny for that? Bizarre.

I've never read, heard or seen anything relating to Morrissey and panic attacks, where does this come from? Same with eating disorders.. what do you mean? It's a bit strange to suggest that Morrissey was a neglected child - he has been enormously coddled by his mother since the day he was born.
Ok amy , let’s go through what I said ....... firstly we know about morrisseys depression from ages 16-20ish give or take some months, years ... yes secondly I’ve read or heard him say he did suffer panic attacks pre and maybe after smiths..... you can’t deny he has and is suffering from an eating disorder......I also think that when as a child your parents split up , that certainly has affected the young moz.... was it enough to even give him that inward- outward thinking....... yes it did in my view. To the point he was able to cope no more .... big sister Jackie now steps in .....

🤒
WTF! it was :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: who had depression and panic attacks thats the why of his nickname of 'The Dramatic One'. he panicked and left the didnt want to carry his guitar into the concert everything was drama so Moz had to kick him out.:drama:

lately he has depression and panic about imaginary comets blowing up the world:crazy: that and being broke tho there seems to always be money for another ridiculous tat:drama:

🤒
WTF! it was :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: who had depression and panic attacks thats the why of his nickname of 'The Dramatic One'. he panicked and left the didnt want to carry his guitar into the concert everything was drama so Moz had to kick him out.:drama:

lately he has depression and panic about imaginary comets blowing up the world:crazy: that and being broke tho there seems to always be money for another ridiculous tat:drama:

Firstly Amy moz has as we know in his teens , and probably later in life struggled with his depression ....Johnny had nothing to do with moz depression I’m saying that when Johnny marr first knocked on morrisseys ( back door ) his gloom lifted , and so did the uks...... and when I say back door ... that’s not an inversion for henge boy to slip her one incer out for a cock fest ... olde tart

I find it incredibly depressing that artists like Sparks, known for their quirky and defiant originality, should have hitched themselves to the 'liberal' bandwagon and feel the need to use words straight out of the corporate HR manual like 'inclusion'. What kind of debate can we have if everyone must think the same about everything, and can only voice the 'correct' opinions? This frantic smothering of other voices - with people falling over themselves to signal their compliance for fear that they, too, will be cancelled - is unhealthy and troubling.

Wonder if the Mael brothers would write and perform a song like this these days ....

“What's good enough for Adam
Is good enough for me
I'm awfully glad we got 'em
They're easy to see (as long as they're)
White women everywhere
There's always a replacement, anytime,
Anywhere
They walk without a swagger
Their power's on the wane
But something deep within me
Cries out all the same (it's gotta be)
White women everyday
To me it doesn't matter that their
Skin's passe
As long as they're white
As long as they're white
As long as they're white from head to toe
As long as they're white
As long as they're white
As long as they're white I'll have a go
White women, everywhere
The places that I'm cruising
The places that I stay
Are filled with Anglo-Saxons
And I get my way
White women, everyday
You can see'em blush, at least by
Light of day
I've tried most every package
From Peking to Berdoo
I'm sticking with a brand name
I'm sticking with you
Because you're a white woman, so
Very fair
Because you're a white woman, so very fair”

Last edited:
Ok amy , let’s go through what I said ....... firstly we know about morrisseys depression from ages 16-20ish give or take some months, years ... yes secondly I’ve read or heard him say he did suffer panic attacks pre and maybe after smiths..... you can’t deny he has and is suffering from an eating disorder......I also think that when as a child your parents split up , that certainly has affected the young moz.... was it enough to even give him that inward- outward thinking....... yes it did in my view. To the point he was able to cope no more .... big sister Jackie now steps in .....

His upbringing probably did shape his thinking, but lots of people come from similar circumstances. What eating disorder do you think he has?

This just in: Morrissey shot a baby from point blank range

Nerak: Maybe the baby wanted to be shot, did anybody ever think to ask it?
From where I stand, I think the baby jumped in front of the bullet!

“Everyone has babies
Babies full of rabies
Rabies full of scabies
Scarlet has a fever
Ring is full of ringworm
Angel of disdain
Poor little fella has got rubella
Liver full of fungus
Junior full of gangrene
Mine is melanoma
Tike full of gripe
Whippersnapper's scurvy
Urchin made of acne
Get that thing away from me”

Well, is anyone surprised? :cool:

It's possible that he had no idea what he was doing and thought the baby was a potato, due to his mental health issues."

Morrissey would never shoot a potato though.

His upbringing probably did shape his thinking, but lots of people come from similar circumstances. What eating disorder do you think he has?
Really have you not worked this out yet for your self .....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom