Cloning Pets

iamkali62

If your beloved dog or cat died, would you try to clone them? Opinions, please! I personally wouldn't do it because I don't think anything scientific could TRULY replace my cat. Plus, it's damned expensive. A woman paid a cloning service of some kind about $40k to get Fifi back. That's what I love about pets, especially cats. ( I wasn't raised around dogs - we always had cats, black ones, two Siamese cats and now my little bugger, Kit, who is a Maine Coon with gray and white fur, a pink belly that she likes to show to ANY male who comes around here (even maintence men) she's such a flirt! Meh. She doesn't do that for ME. (well, only if I bring home the tuna)

Last edited:
If your beloved dog or cat died, would you try to clone them? Opinions, please!

No. It'd be a different animal, however identical it looked and part of you might resent the creature for not being the original.

Give yourself time to mourn the lost pet. Then, when you're sure you can take on another on its own terms as an individual, not as a replacement, give another animal a home and let it find its own place in your heart. :)

If I could clone my black cat, I would. :)

CLONINGWRONGCAT.jpg

No. It'd be a different animal, however identical it looked and part of you might resent the creature for not being the original.

Give yourself time to mourn the lost pet. Then, when you're sure you can take on another on its own terms as an individual, not as a replacement, give another animal a home and let it find its own place in your heart. :)

I like that, Kate :)

This was the subject on an episode of showtime's great show This American Life, this rancher and his wife had a bull they deeply loved, the bull was very gentle and loving, showed no aggressive traits, and was treated more like an outdoors dog or cat than a bull
but the bull was getting very old and they found out they could clone the bull, so in hopes of having a replacement for the beloved bull they had him cloned.
Sadly,despite looking exactly like the older , loved bull this bull was very aggressive and not very loving.
it was sad,the old man, was put in the hospital by the cloned bull on several occasions and at the end of the taping was still attempting to pacify the aggressive bull

So you can clone your pet or animal but it is not the animal.its not the same.

My little dog died four years ago and I miss him every day. Would I have cloned him? Yes I would.

"Cloning Pets" sounds like it could be the name of an alternative band from the 90's. Just saying

If your beloved dog or cat died, would you try to clone them? Opinions, please! I personally wouldn't do it because I don't think anything scientific could TRULY replace my cat. Plus, it's damned expensive. A woman paid a cloning service of some kind about $40k to get Fifi back. That's what I love about pets, especially cats. ( I wasn't raised around dogs - we always had cats, black ones, two Siamese cats and now my little bugger, Kit, who is a Maine Coon with gray and white fur, a pink belly that she likes to show to ANY male who comes around here (even maintence men) she's such a flirt! Meh. She doesn't do that for ME. (well, only if I bring home the tuna)
awwwwwwwwwww! Kit sounds like my beloved cat Lulu!
No, I wouldn't have her cloned. She's unique, like all animals, and I'd know it wasn't really her even if it looked like her.

nope, too many other great pets out there that need good homes rather than duplicating one of mine....

Back
Top Bottom