Cork, Savoy Theatre, 27th July

Aiken Promotions are proud to announce…

MORRISSEY

LIVE AT VICAR ST, DUBLIN 29TH AND 30TH JULY

LIVE AT THE SAVOY, CORK, 27TH JULY

29 JULY, 2011 –Is Now Sold Out!

2 Extra Dates Have Been Added Due to Phenomenal Demand!

JULY 27THAND 30TH GO ON SALE THIS THURS JUNE 2ND @ 9am!

Morrissey will perform Live in the intimate setting of Vicar Street for the first time this July 29th which is now sold out, an extra date has been added on July 30th. Tickets for the new date goes on sale this Thursday June 2nd @ 9am through Ticketmaster and other usual outlets nationwide. Don’t miss Morrissey perform in the award winning venue on July 29th & now July 30th. Booking Line: 0818 719 390.

The Very Best Of Morrissey currently on release is a unique - and remastered - overview of the classic years,bringing together hit singles, b-sides, previously unreleased material and the remastered
videos on CD/ DVD. Whether you're an old or not-so old fan, The Very Best Of Morrissey
is an essential journey through the world of Morrissey.

Accompanying the CD, the bonus DVD includes 11 remastered videos (three of which
are previously unavailable on DVD) and the rarely seen (and previously unreleased)
live performance of I've Changed My Plea To Guilty taken from the 'Tonight With
Jonathan Ross Show', December 1990.

The two disc release contains rare, handpicked photos presented in a
special CD/DVD digipak and on double gatefold, heavyweight (180 gram) vinyl.

Great news, well spotted F.
27 years since Morrissey last graced the stage at the savoy in Cork and this time I don't think there will be a punk in sight.

Does anybody know whether or not the Savoy Theatre has a balcony of any description?

Someone told me it just has a kind of mezzanine, raised floor bit at the back of the main floor. But I've seen a couple of pics that appear to show a balcony.
Any help appreciated. Ta.

Does anybody know whether or not the Savoy Theatre has a balcony of any description?

Someone told me it just has a kind of mezzanine, raised floor bit at the back of the main floor. But I've seen a couple of pics that appear to show a balcony.
Any help appreciated. Ta.

Joe, there is a raised floor bit at the back of the main floor and there's a second floor with a balcony that's seated but it starts where the first floor ends.
Unless your in the front row of seats the view isn't that good and it's pretty far from the stage.

Interesting post below taken from a Cork Music Fourm from the people that run the Savoy Theatre.

Today, 05:06 PM
Savoy Theatre Cork
Member Join Date: Sep 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heya Folks,

Just to deal with a couple of the questions posed previously in this thread without getting into it too much

The capacity of the Savoy varies from gig to gig, its maximum capacity is 1100 as would have been there for say 2manydjs but for a live band gig this is restricted as the bulk of the crown want to be on the main floor whereas they float around when its a DJ set up. The capacity for the Morrissey gig is 900 to allow for the front of stage barrier and a comfortable capacity.

In relation to sound checks, the cut off time for "Noise" in the venue is 5.30pm. Load ins generally take place around 1pm depending on volume of PA, Lights, Backline coming in but in general, the entire rig is set up by 5pm, allowing for sound checks to start at 5.30pm and giving ample time in general to sound check prior to say 8pm doors.

The issue of the "Sound" in the Savoy is a bit of a myth, it is an old PA, this is not in question and also, at times a difficult room. There has been some work done on the PA in recent months and for any larger shows, additional PA in the shape of in fills etc has been brought in to deal with the arc at the front of stage behind the hung PA and generally help it out. The bulk of international touring acts also travel with their own FOH desk so they don't use the in house desk. I think anyone that was at Marina & The Diamonds, The Coronas or Villagers before Christmas or Mumford & Sons, 2manydjs since would agree that the sound was very good at all these shows, there were no complaints from any of their FOH engineers and the feedback was all pretty positive.

Morrissey is likely to sell out quickly alright judging by how quickly the first Vicar Street went.

And finally, Wu Tang are confirmed for Thursday June 30th. Tickets from usual outlets from 9am Friday morning!

Hope all this helps!

Oh dear. Poor old Cork. Nobody seems to want to bother. Still available after 33 minutes :(

Astonishingly, at the final hour of my - day, they're still for sale. Are people mad?! :eek:

its crazy...although i haven't seen it advertised anywhere,not even on the echo

the echo would usually be all over something like this , front page stuff like

id say the majority of people dont even know yet lol,gonna be a lot of disappointed people

still on sale :)

Perhaps in the warm afterglow of QEII's visit the good people of Cork are now fervent monarchists, and have boycotted the upstart Morrissey's show as a protest against his recent anti-royal statements.

Or maybe they're skint.

Perhaps in the warm afterglow of QEII's visit the good people of Cork are now fervent monarchists, and have boycotted the upstart Morrissey's show as a protest against his recent anti-royal statements.

Or maybe they're skint.

This monarchist is feckin' skint!

This monarchist is feckin' skint!

Centuries of constitutional, political and economic theoretical thought boiled down into one pungent phrase! ;)

Just as Moz once did with 'does the body rule the mind / or does the mind rule the body? / I dunno... '

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom