Craig Gill - Inspiral Carpets / Manchester Music Tours RIP

Very sad news coming out of Manchester..... :(

Craig Gill - drummer with Inspiral Carpets and co founder of Manchester Music Tours has sadly passed away aged 44.
Craig ran many MozBus tours when Morrissey was in town and also hundreds of tours throughout the region for fans of The Smiths / Morrissey / Stone Roses / Oasis / Beatles in Manchester and Manchester music in general.

Inspiral Carpets drummer Craig Gill dies aged 44 - Manchester Evening News
The Manchester group has paid tribute to their "brother and beating heart" of the band

39429_craig14-1.jpg

RIP Craig - was fantastic knowing you

Jukebox Jury :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible news. I took this his Smiths/Morrissey last year and thoroughly enjoyed Craig's insights and enthusiasm. What a shock. I send me deep condolences to his friends and family.

Awful news. I'm sad to hear this. His tour was on my list for when I visit Manchester. Another one gone too soon and way too young.

Awful news. Shocking. Just seen it on North West Tonight, lovely piece by them, much love from all to Craig. I wanted to come on to Solo to reach out to Juke Box Jury as I know how close you are to Craig - my thoughts and best wishes to his family and friends.

Dave

Very sad. In June, my wife and I booked the private "Smiths" tour with him. He drove us around Manchester and Salford and showed us the sights. He was very kind and insightful. Seemed to be in perfect health. "In the midst of life, we are in death, etc. Etc! Etc! Etc! Etc! In the midst of life we are in death etc."

Very sad. In June, my wife and I booked the private "Smiths" tour with him. He drove us around Manchester and Salford and showed us the sights. He was very kind and insightful. Seemed to be in perfect health. "In the midst of life, we are in death, etc. Etc! Etc! Etc! Etc! In the midst of life we are in death etc."

But that was than. Now we're all in debt.
I hope you don't feel offended but as some kind of respect to his humor, see the carpet ghost story, I assume it is possible to say it.
Cheers

I hope you don't feel offended but as some kind of respect to his humor, see the carpet ghost story, I assume it is possible to say it.
Cheers

Yes, Craig told us that story when we were on the Smith's tour. Great story. I believe that it is the most plausible explanation for Morrissey's "ghost" sighting on the misty moors!

Awful news. Shocking. Just seen it on North West Tonight, lovely piece by them, much love from all to Craig. I wanted to come on to Solo to reach out to Juke Box Jury as I know how close you are to Craig - my thoughts and best wishes to his family and friends.

Dave
Thanks Dave
Still in shook. Words can't....... just so sad :(

Jukebox Jury

Cheers

Of course it's "debt", not " death". I conflated the original from The Book of Common Prayer with Morrissey's clever lyric to make something more appropriate for the circumstances.

Of course it's "debt", not " death". I conflated the original from The Book of Common Prayer with Morrissey's clever lyric to make something more appropriate for the circumstances.

I know.
I thought I would be funny ignoring that. :(

Phil,
I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost your dear friend. I loved the Manchester tour on Morrissey's 50th and will never forget that trip! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Sad day.- Laura

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom