Craig Gill on his Manchester walking tours - Manchester Evening News

The Smiths, Oasis and Happy Mondays - the man helping you follow in the footsteps of your favourite Manchester bands - Manchester Evening News
Reporter Lucy Roue speaks to Inspiral Carpets drummer Craig Gill after 10 years of his music walking tours

mmt-bus-owner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaahhhh.that takes me back !!!........
A very,very good group {iv'e seen them many times}
they were always grouped in with the "madchester" bands in the late 80's/early 90's although they were actually from oldham,lancs.
They had such a unique sound,compared to other groups at the time,mainly due to clint boon AND his amazing "hammond"organ !!!
Tom hingley,the original singer has left,but the original line up,plus new singer have a new album out,and are touring the u.k.
For anyone who has not heard them {probably u.s. Readers},try to get a copy of their cd "inspiral carPETS The singles".
You will be pleasantly surpised i promise you !!!!!
Keith.

Aaaahhhh.that takes me back !!!........
A very,very good group {iv'e seen them many times}
they were always grouped in with the "madchester" bands in the late 80's/early 90's although they were actually from oldham,lancs.
They had such a unique sound,compared to other groups at the time,mainly due to clint boon AND his amazing "hammond"organ !!!
Tom hingley,the original singer has left,but the original line up,plus new singer have a new album out,and are touring the u.k.
For anyone who has not heard them {probably u.s. Readers},try to get a copy of their cd "inspiral carPETS The singles".
You will be pleasantly surpised i promise you !!!!!
Keith.

You are correct. they are a great band and from Oldham but incorrect (slightly) about the singer.
The original singer was Stephen Holt,who left after being with the band for 5 years and just as the band were about to get success.
Tom Hingley (as stated) then joined the band and sang on all of the hits. He left 3 years ago and Stephen Holt returned as frontman.

I advise each and everyone to watch "commercial reign",by the inspiral carpets on "youtube".
It is one of the "slinkyest" records ever made !!!!!
Clint works minor miracles with his "hammond" !!!!
If you not at least tapping your feet,you must be dead !!!!!
Please enjoy responsibly !!!!!!
Keith.

It's not a Hammond, it's a Farfisa!! haha

But yes, fantastic band. Seen them many times too.

You trippin going round town in bumblebee bus dressed like cowboy in very suspicious shoes. Might be popular over there boo but it ain't popular here dig. The Hacienda wants it interior back and who wanna be minibus?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom