Official Facebook Cruel World confirmed, Pasadena CA., May 14, 2022 - tickets on sale June 11, 2021

FB_IMG_1623083260115.jpg

There is another world . . . there is a better world.

May 14, 2022.

Pasadena, CA, USA.

Tickets on sale this Friday.

Morrissey Official Facebook

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon all the jealous foreigners and Camden New Jersey, Brittin, Birmingham, Alabama, Brittin replies are starting. Can you delusional jealous psychopaths read? THERE WILL ONLY BE GIGS IN CALIFORNIA AND THE VEGAS RESIDENCY FOR THE REST OF CALIFORNIA SON'S LIFE! California Son does not need your money anymore, but do keep buying from the mporiumuk dumbshits fek'll he doesn't live in LA chipper curry packey banananrama new youaarwkshire pudding tit twat inn nn nn nnnnn n it.

What do you think of the new album cover?

Just looking at that line up, you could put all the original members of the listed bands that will be performing on stage at once and you could still keep them two metres apart.

Honestly, despite the great lineup, I suspect this is going to be set up like those awful nostalgia I <3 the 80s fests where bands get shuffled onstage to play 4-5 singles in 20 minute chunks and then shuffled off again. I don't see any way that this could be satisfying as a one day event with all of the big names. Being conveniently located as I am in proximity to this, I think I'll pick and choose acts as they announce extra dates in my area- as usually happens with any Cali festivals.

I could be misremembering this, but didn't Morrissey curate this festival?

least if theres no album deal we will get to hear some of the new stuff.

I could be misremembering this, but didn't Morrissey curate this festival?

Josh Hager from Devo said on Facebook that Morrissey 'hand picked the line up' last year. I believe that was the only source for this information.

Edit: found the screenshot that was posted here last year.

53012_Screen_Shot_2020-02-14_at_11.26.18_AM.png

Last edited:
At first I thought this was in the Rose Bowl stadium but this will actually be in a nearby park, right? I think I saw that there would be two stages and surely they would have to have bands going on at the same time which kind of kills the value of this. Like someone said some of the bands might get four or five songs only. Since I've seen practically every "big" band except DEVO and PIL I don't think it's worth the hassle of traveling from half a country away and dealing with hotel, flight, how to get to the venue etc. when there could be super condensed sets. If this were done over 2 days it would be a different story. Sigh

Strange that Bauhaus are higher up the bill than Blondie or the Bunnymen.

Not so strange. in 2019 Bauhaus sold out three shows in a row in LA at the Palladium (a 6000 seat venue per night) in 30 minutes each time, so this makes a total of 18 000 tickets alone sold for them. The demand was huge.
They are far more popular in 2021 in California than Blondie or the Bunnymen. They are not in the same league for promoters.

Josh Hager from Devo said on Facebook that Morrissey 'hand picked the line up' last year. I believe that was the only source for this information.

Edit: found the screenshot that was posted here last year.

View attachment 73078
He may have said it, but I highly doubt it. The guy behind the show, and Goldenvoice as well, have been promoting and cultivating these return-to-glory shows with many of these bands for some time. And the "no show without him" is complete bullocks. They like Moz, but they aren't THAT dependent on him - rumor is that there was even an attempt, or at least consideration, of replacing Moz this year with The Cure, but they were too expensive.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom