Official Facebook Cruel World confirmed, Pasadena CA., May 14, 2022 - tickets on sale June 11, 2021

FB_IMG_1623083260115.jpg

There is another world . . . there is a better world.

May 14, 2022.

Pasadena, CA, USA.

Tickets on sale this Friday.

Morrissey Official Facebook

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
The curation was attributed by some press at the time as:
"Curated by the team behind the annual Coachella Festival and featuring such legendary acts as Morrissey, Bauhaus, Blondie, Devo, Gary Numan and Public Image Ltd."
Meaning, yes, Goldenvoice.
I think the Devo/FB quote is perhaps wishful.
FWD.

The curation was attributed by some press at the time as:
"Curated by the team behind the annual Coachella Festival and featuring such legendary acts as Morrissey, Bauhaus, Blondie, Devo, Gary Numan and Public Image Ltd."
Meaning, yes, Goldenvoice.
I think the Devo/FB quote is perhaps wishful.
FWD.
Not Goldenvoice solely, but together with FKOA Presents.

He may have said it, but I highly doubt it. The guy behind the show, and Goldenvoice as well, have been promoting and cultivating these return-to-glory shows with many of these bands for some time. And the "no show without him" is complete bullocks. They like Moz, but they aren't THAT dependent on him - rumor is that there was even an attempt, or at least consideration, of replacing Moz this year with The Cure, but they were too expensive.

Morrissey needs a comms redo. This is entirely unacceptable.

In 2021, there is still a huge audience for the goth type of bands, Genes Loves Jezebel, London After Midnight, 45 Grave, Christian Death, Cold Cave, She Wants Revenge, Marc Almond and Bauhaus. Morrissey basically is the headliner of a goth day festival ;) Average day 48-53 years old !
Why people insist on using meaningless labels like 'goth' is beyond me. The presenter at the Rock N'Roll Hall of Fame mentioned the word 'goth' before presenting the award to The Cure and you could see Robert Smith squirming with unease in his seat.

10 Uk pennies for anyone that spots the Moz connection to the Meteors.
Meteors II lineup.jpg

Woodie Taylor played drums for them if that counts :)
Seen them almost as many times as Morrissey.
Regards,
FWD.

Why people insist on using meaningless labels like 'goth' is beyond me. The presenter at the Rock N'Roll Hall of Fame mentioned the word 'goth' before presenting the award to The Cure and you could see Robert Smith squirming with unease in his seat.
Why do peopke keep on pretending that the look of Robert Smith is anything but goth ? Are they short sighted ?
Why do some people never read music books like Simon Reynolds 's called "Rip it up and start again" which is about post-punk? Reynolds as a historiann pays as much attention to the image as the style of the music and he's right. Images matter. A goth band can be tagged as such when the look of the singer is backcombed hair, red lipstick, panda koln eyes and black costume ; that is a mark and this gave birth to a subculture. Whether you like it or not, agrees with it or not --> in pop music, the veneer is as important as the content. Genes Loves Jezebel, London after Midnight, Christian Death are goth bands, plus it doesn't matter as they did a pastiche of the seminal post-punk bands of the late 1970s who had played dark music with catchy tunes. Let's be more precise for people who still refuse to see; Robert Smith has got a goth look; but as his music is not one dimensional , he's beyond that, like his previous boss who is the icon with whom Morrissey recorded Interlude. She is also byond that tag. we agree, of course their music is eclectic. Whereas London after midnight is not, London are just the average goth band, no one else could pretend the contrary. if you like them, don't be offended. A lot of Morrissey fans are attracted to dark subject matters and heavy stuff.

I don't care for many of the bands on this list but I do really really like Devo and I also quite like the Damned.

Anyway, @klaus is going to be FEEDING me HARDCORE GREENS while I fan myself and look haughty!

I do wonder how anything can be exclusive if anyone can access the information instantly
Not sure how it works P.
I do know the initial 2020 tickets sold out in 1 hour, so people need to be quick if they want to go.
Maybe the password will help with automated booking?
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom