Curious about something...

iamkali62

Okay, without going into too much detail, I have a friend who happens to be gay, and he lives with his lover (whom I cannot stand- never met him but he's an asshole.) He actually screams at my friend to make sure the scrubbing sponge in the kitchen is squeezed out and bone dry. Also bought him a pair of new shoes because the heels clicking on the wood flooring bothered him. GRRRR. Anyway, my friend sent me some jpegs he forwarded from his boyfriends account, and this prick actually labelled them, "HAG". Now, I know a few gay males and in jest one will introduce me as *their hag* for the evening. But this was SO spiteful. What I want to know is which term you think is more demoralising, f***** or faghag? It made me feel like I was nothing but a useless woman, doomed to be anything less than a gay male's inferior. What say you? Thanks. I lost my internet connection (bills) and I will come back to the library tomorrow to check it out. Thanks! :)

Ummm...I think 'f*****' would be more demoralising. Having said that, I've never really heard 'hag' or 'faghag' used. I've only heard them on trashy tv programmes that I avoid at all costs.

f***** is obviously the more demoralising term...I do tend to use faghag in jest once in a blue moon...But I tend to not use either term

The boyfriend sounds like a very controlling person, and is likely jealous of your friendship with your friend, which should obviously pose no threat to their relationship. Some people are like that, they try to keep you all to themselves, and sabotage your attempts to have other friends, in countless ways, mostly very passive aggressive ones.

"Faghag" depends entirely on context. Your friend could probably jokingly and fondly refer to you by the term, but for his boyfriend to do it makes it as insulting as the term could be.

Sorry the boyfriend is being a twat. Good luck to your friend getting it sorted out.

We should really see the pictures first to make an educated decision.

you're the last person that comes to mind when I hear the term 'faghag'.

hopefully your friend realizes what a twat said boyfriend is. This kinda happening to me and my friend. His girlfriend hates me, (really, all of his old friends) and as such, just yeah.

I'd just try to ignore it the best you can. :) You're a nice person, so don't let it get you down.

I'd say 'f*****' was the more offensive term, 'faghag' can be used as a term of endearment, but obviously it depends what context it's said in. However, it's clear, in this case 'faghag' was used deliberately to cause offense, so your friend's boyfriend should stop using it! He sounds like a right dickhead!

Some gay men do not like women -really- and this guy clearly doesn't like a lot of things. He sounds miserable. It's hard to tell if it's a personal attack tho...are the pictures of you or some other woman? I'd just chalk it up to gay 'lingo' either way. Don't read too much into it...not worth it.

Some gay friends of mine have referred to me as their "fag hag" before, but JOKINGLY... heck, I even call myself that sometimes ;) It all depends on the context and the company you're in.

Did you tell your friend you were offended? What does he think? Well, you couldn't stand his bf before so what's the difference... hopefully your friend will wise up and move on himself.

Okay, without going into too much detail, I have a friend who happens to be gay, and heto be anything less than a gay male's inferior. What say you? Thanks. I lost my internet connection (bills) and I will come back to the library tomorrow to check it out. Thanks! :)

I think you should get new friends.

I think you should get new friends.

Well, I'd like to do that but he lives in S.F. and I have another friend in S.D. but she's totally different from me, and is always talking about superficial things like finding a boyfriend with, "benefits" (her term) some man who will wine and dine her and give her the moon. I plan to take some activity classes soon (yoga and salsa dancing so maybe I might meet some nice people there. They also have water aerobics!

Some gay men do not like women -really- and this guy clearly doesn't like a lot of things. He sounds miserable. It's hard to tell if it's a personal attack tho...are the pictures of you or some other woman? I'd just chalk it up to gay 'lingo' either way. Don't read too much into it...not worth it.

Some gay friends of mine have referred to me as their "fag hag" before, but JOKINGLY... heck, I even call myself that sometimes ;) It all depends on the context and the company you're in.

Did you tell your friend you were offended? What does he think? Well, you couldn't stand his bf before so what's the difference... hopefully your friend will wise up and move on himself.

This boyfriend of my friend, he is totally controlling and has made my friend get rid of all of his old friends (including me) when I found him (He had moved) his bf said, "Oh, she probably wants money. That's all people want when they want to come back into contact with you." Can you believe that shizz???? This guy definitely does NOT like females and furthermore treats my friend like crap. I hope my friend sees the light and breaks up with him.

I think they mean the ones that the guy labelled.

Yeah, Munchy, you're right. I mean, I looked down at the jpeg that was only the S.F. bridge and under that he had filed the picture, "HAG". I hate him.

you're the last person that comes to mind when I hear the term 'faghag'.

hopefully your friend realizes what a twat said boyfriend is. This kinda happening to me and my friend. His girlfriend hates me, (really, all of his old friends) and as such, just yeah.

I'd just try to ignore it the best you can. :) You're a nice person, so don't let it get you down.

Renia! I hope you get a pony for your birthday (i'm being silly) Thank you! Keith is suddenly realizing that his bf is slowly but surely erasing everything about Keith, and 1. Decorated the house HIMSELF without consulting Keith. 2.Expects Keith to go out with him to fancy restaurants and then when they get there, he pulls out his iphone and dorks around with it, ignoring Keith. He's also got a FEROCIOUSLY bad temper and hits. So it's not only women who are physically and emotionally abused. I'm going to ignore it. But thanks for saying that! :)

Back
Top Bottom