Morrissey Central "DID YOU EVER THINK YOU’D SEE THIS DAY ?" (January 28, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
unnamed-1_s0csjl.jpg

Not one mention of the millions of chickens killed daily, or the health crisis caused by licking your fingers, all he cares about is getting attention & flogging tickets by posting a picture of a vegan option... **

**I am not being serious.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/did-you-ever-think-you-d-see-this-day

Last edited by a moderator:
KFC in Manchester was great but when they launched here in Sweden and Västerås a few years ago the standard had gone down and everything was far too spicy. People will die from the way they do not make their chicken well enough.

I'm confused - shouldn't this story be accompanied by a photoshat of Colonel Sanders clutching a Morrissey album? Is it Sam's day off or somethin'?

KFC in Manchester was great but when they launched here in Sweden and Västerås a few years ago the standard had gone down and everything was far too spicy. People will die from the way they do not make their chicken well enough.

I've never been in a KFC.

For the avoidance of doubt, I was only joking. I don't think anything posted on central is a cynical marketing ploy. I think it's there for things that take their fancy.

For the avoidance of doubt, I was only joking. I don't think anything posted on central is a cynical marketing ploy. I think it's there for things that take their fancy.

Why would Morrissey promote KFC? Ok, so they have a meatless burger thing, probably cooked in the same place as the meat version and handled by the same gloves as the meat version...

The texture of those things are foul. That's not a pun btw. They really are foul. But I don't like the chicken version either.

I tend to avoid meat substitutes. Vegan fishless fingers are disgusting.

Why would Morrissey promote KFC? Ok, so they have a meatless burger thing, probably cooked in the same place as the meat version and handled by the same gloves as the meat version...

He's not. He's highlighting that veganism is now so popular even KFC has to have a vegan option.

View attachment 54212

Not one mention of the millions of chickens killed daily, or the health crisis caused by licking your fingers, all he cares about is getting attention & flogging tickets by posting a picture of a vegan option...

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/did-you-ever-think-you-d-see-this-day

So, I'm not sure where you're coming from with this, particularly your, surprisingly negative, comment 'all he cares about is getting attention & flogging tickets', which I don't see at all.
Based on this picture, to me this is him saying, look, the world, even KFC is now waking up to what I've been saying for ages, vegan is a credible & recognised choice, so much so that it's recognised by the food industry giants like KFC...who would have thought it?
He doesn't need to mention killing chickens as that would detract from what he's saying. He's, on this occasion, being a bit more subtle.
Of course the sub-header is that the likes of KFC are responding to the vegan desires, purely for their own monetary gain, much like Greggs with their popular vegan sausage roll which has been a big hit, apparently.
KFC don't want to miss an opportunity to profit, do they??

So, I'm not sure where you're coming from with this, particularly your, surprisingly negative, comment 'all he cares about is getting attention & flogging tickets', which I don't see at all.
Based on this picture, to me this is him saying, look, the world, even KFC is now waking up to what I've been saying for ages, vegan is a credible & recognised choice, so much so that it's recognised by the food industry giants like KFC...who would have thought it?
He doesn't need to mention killing chickens as that would detract from what he's saying. He's, on this occasion, being a bit more subtle.
Of course the sub-header is that the likes of KFC are responding to the vegan desires, purely for their own monetary gain, much like Greggs with their popular vegan sausage roll which has been a big hit, apparently.
KFC don't want to miss an opportunity to profit, do they??

I was being sarcastic!!!!

Sorry, Morrissey haters are so ridiculous it's near impossible to parody them without posting something they would actually post.

it is odd to post this though because even though im sure he doesn't mean to, it's sort of like he's promoting it. if i were a vegan i couldn't imagine giving money to a company responsible for so much animal cruelty just because they have a vegan option. i mean, it doesn't change anything.

it is odd to post this though because even though im sure he doesn't mean to, it's sort of like he's promoting it. if i were a vegan i couldn't imagine giving money to a company responsible for so much animal cruelty just because they have a vegan option. i mean, it doesn't change anything.

It's about numbers. The more business has to include vegans the more vegans there must be to cater to. It also encourages newbies to try it & vegetarians to take the plunge.

It's about numbers. The more business has to include vegans the more vegans there must be to cater to. It also encourages newbies to try it & vegetarians to take the plunge.
but it doesn't lessen the cruelty to animals. wouldn't it be better if vegans went to entirely vegan outlets and supported them instead?

but it doesn't lessen the cruelty to animals. wouldn't it be better if vegans went to entirely vegan outlets and supported them instead?

That's not how you take over the world. That's how you stay in a niche.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom