Do you have songs stuck in your head all the time?

K

KenzieW

I seem to have a song stuck in my head everyday for most of the day. Surprisingly it isn't annoying (unless it is a song I don't like.) Sometimes it is because I am bored and it can be somewhat entertaining to play songs in your head. Other times somebody says the name of a song or the line from a song and it gets stuck in my head. Today somebody mentioned "Hard day's night" and it started playing in my head for a few minutes. Then it changed to some other Beatle song for an hour. ("I'm so happy just to dance with you") Then for a few minutes it turned into a smiths song.:crazy:

I seem to have a song stuck in my head everyday for most of the day. Surprisingly it isn't annoying (unless it is a song I don't like.) Sometimes it is because I am bored and it can be somewhat entertaining to play songs in your head. Other times somebody says the name of a song or the line from a song and it gets stuck in my head. Today somebody mentioned "Hard day's night" and it started playing in my head for a few minutes. Then it changed to some other Beatle song for an hour. ("I'm so happy just to dance with you") Then for a few minutes it turned into a smiths song.:crazy:

If ever there were a phenomenon as official as "God answering a prayer or inquiry" it is when he places a song in your head. So ask yourself what questions you've had and assume the song is a clue to the answer. He's cool like that. :p

Yes, I always seem to have a song running through my head. I do get quite caught up on repeating a specific line/lyric or even one word from the song...and that can drive me a little crazy.

If ever there were a phenomenon as official as "God answering a prayer or inquiry" it is when he places a song in your head. So ask yourself what questions you've had and assume the song is a clue to the answer. He's cool like that. :p

This morning I woke up with Sade's "Never as Good as the First Time" so I hope that's not a message from the Almighty.

I always have music in my head. I used to hear unlikely musical pairings in my mind, like Bob Dylan singing Lesley Gore's "You Don't Own Me."

Yes I do!!! Usually it's just a line of a song or guitar solo that just repeats itself again and again.....

"Oliver Sacks, author of The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and An Anthropologist on Mars, discusses the concept of "brainworms", why certain songs and bits of music seem to lodge themselves in our brains. The story related in the video comes from Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain, Dr. Sacks's latest book. For more information..."

Last edited by a moderator:
All week I've been hearing Joy Division in my head! :lbf:

This morning I woke up with Sade's "Never as Good as the First Time" so I hope that's not a message from the Almighty.

I always have music in my head. I used to hear unlikely musical pairings in my mind, like Bob Dylan singing Lesley Gore's "You Don't Own Me."

I always ask my friend who does an amazing Michael McDonald impression to sing Nirvana songs in his voice. :D It's funny as hell.

I always ask my friend who does an amazing Michael McDonald impression to sing Nirvana songs in his voice. :D It's funny as hell.

That's hilarious! Actually, McDonald could cover "Polly" - it fits his voice, oddly enough.

Yeah including songs I heard on the radio years ago and I don't even know who they're by or what they're called.

Oh yeah, pretty much constantly. Today it's mostly been 'The Light Of Day' by the Divine Comedy, but now it's the This Morning With Richard Not Judy theme tune. :p I very rarely have songs stuck in my head that I don't like; mostly because I very rarely listen to the radio, only my iPod/CDs and tracks on the internet, and so all the dross tends to just pass me by anyway.

That happens to me all the time.Today it was The Last Of The Famous International Playboys.I just have to hear it on my ipod now.

That happens to me all the time.Today it was The Last Of The Famous International Playboys.I just have to hear it on my ipod now.

That is a nice song to have stuck in your head. Whenever I hear that song I have to swing my hips like Morrissey. It probably ends up looking like the way the other guy in the music video dances.

Back
Top Bottom