Do you let your pet eat off your fork?

There is no way I would let my cats or the dog eat off my fork, plate, or drink out of my glass....

I work as an Er Vet Tech and I have had to be put on IV Antibiotics twice for cat bites, and these bites were not that bad!!! Dog & Cat mouths are just gross... No amount of brushing or dentals would allow me to let them kiss my face or share my fork. I had a dog in the ICU that would try to lick my face everytime I went into his cage.... I would wash my hands and face everytime and I still got shigella from him!!!! To think I was sick for 3 weeks lost 15 lbs and the least he could have done was take me out to dinner and a movie :D

I know they are cute and hard to say no to.... but there is a reason they do not have thumbs and the ability to use forks....

Oh remember no grapes or onions.... Grapes/Raisins cause kidney failure and they end up needing a transplant or dialysis or worse death...
Onions can cause hemolytic anemia

I save mine a bit of tea in the cup...but I always wash it out after!!

There is no way I would let my cats or the dog eat off my fork, plate, or drink out of my glass....

I work as an Er Vet Tech and I have had to be put on IV Antibiotics twice for cat bites, and these bites were not that bad!!! Dog & Cat mouths are just gross... No amount of brushing or dentals would allow me to let them kiss my face or share my fork. I had a dog in the ICU that would try to lick my face everytime I went into his cage.... I would wash my hands and face everytime and I still got shigella from him!!!! To think I was sick for 3 weeks lost 15 lbs and the least he could have done was take me out to dinner and a movie :D

I know they are cute and hard to say no to.... but there is a reason they do not have thumbs and the ability to use forks....

Oh remember no grapes or onions.... Grapes/Raisins cause kidney failure and they end up needing a transplant or dialysis or worse death...
Onions can cause hemolytic anemia

I work at an emergency vet hospital, too. :D

Also, feeding your dog greasy foods can cause pancreatitis, so no table scraps!

OMG the backlash....
I would like to point out that I have had my cat since she was a kitten and she is nearing the age of 20 - and she has no parasites, etc. and I don't think it's more whacko to let her taste my food once a week or so than to share a plate with a young child.:cool: (Talk about disease...) I don't think anyone advocates eating after or making out with stray animals.:rolleyes:
Does everyone wash the sink faucet when in a public bathroom - or do you just turn off the dirty faucet with your clean hand and go eat?;)

Re: Do you let your pet eat off your fork?

What a vile thought....
Is that a yes or a no?:confused::D

OMG the backlash....
I would like to point out that I have had my cat since she was a kitten and she is nearing the age of 20 - and she has no parasites, etc. and I don't think it's more whacko to let her taste my food once a week or so than to share a plate with a young child.:cool: (Talk about disease...) I don't think anyone advocates eating after or making out with stray animals.:rolleyes:
Does everyone wash the sink faucet when in a public bathroom - or do you just turn off the dirty faucet with your clean hand and go eat?;)

Is that a yes or a no?:confused::D

It's not parasites that you have to worry about. It's the bacteria in the cat's mouth. As far as comparing a kitten to a child goes, my child has done many disgusting things in his life, but licking his own ass is not one of them. :p

And for the record, I flush public restroom toilet handles with my foot and use a paper towel to turn off the faucet after I'm done washing my hands.

I work at an emergency vet hospital, too. :D

QUOTE]

Isn't emergency medicine the best!!!! How long have you been enjoying the life of long hours, bad pay, and bags under your eyes from lack of sleep???:D

One of my dogs adores toe- and finger-nails. Seriously, he'll hang out waiting for his "snack". Sick little bastard. Who am I to say no?

Dogs are so weird, they'll eat anything that comes out of of off of someone they love.

Now, that's bizarre! But I can't really talk since my cat loves earwax like foie gras! (I think she uses it as an emollient for cleaning her copious fur. But maybe she just likes it! I wish I could ask her!) I've never had a dog but if I did I'd get a Mastiff!

:D It means Princess in Gaelic. (My name, Sara, means princess too, haha.)

Wow, I'm glad she just sticks to the front of my face, haha.

Occasionally she'll grab my arm in her paws and just start cleaning me. I think she likes to think I'm her kitten or something... :confused:

Cats are just so damned intelligent. Kit does that with me as well, but I especially like it when she puts her paw on my cheek, like she's saying, "This is my property! Touch her and you die!":D

Isn't emergency medicine the best!!!! How long have you been enjoying the life of long hours, bad pay, and bags under your eyes from lack of sleep???:D

I'm not a tech but hope to get some on-the-job training in that area. I'm also hoping to eventually go to school so I can be certified. AAHA offers an online certification program that I need to look into.

I was a receptionist at a "regular" vet hospital for almost two years. I learned to do some basic tech stuff but the doctor liked me as a receptionist and wasn't really willing to teach me how to do anything else because he wanted me to stay up front. I became the resident "cat whisperer," so every time there was an evil cat to be dealt with, I was the one to do it. I really want to learn how to pull blood and start an IV catheter. Those are next on my list of things to learn. :)

I've been working at the emergency clinic for about a month now. The only thing I don't like about it is that you see more trauma than you do when you're working at a non-emergency hospital. I swear, this month is HBC month. And we've had quite a few parvo cases. 'tis the season.

As far as bags under my eyes from lack of sleep goes, I've always had that problem. ;)

Another fun part of working at a vet hospital is being able to avoid going to the doctor. Tonight, we took x-rays of my kidneys. As far as we can tell, I'm stone free. :D

I'm not a tech but hope to get some on-the-job training in that area. I'm also hoping to eventually go to school so I can be certified. AAHA offers an online certification program that I need to look into.

I was a receptionist at a "regular" vet hospital for almost two years. I learned to do some basic tech stuff but the doctor liked me as a receptionist and wasn't really willing to teach me how to do anything else because he wanted me to stay up front. I became the resident "cat whisperer," so every time there was an evil cat to be dealt with, I was the one to do it. I really want to learn how to pull blood and start an IV catheter. Those are next on my list of things to learn. :)

I've been working at the emergency clinic for about a month now. The only thing I don't like about it is that you see more trauma than you do when you're working at a non-emergency hospital. I swear, this month is HBC month. And we've had quite a few parvo cases. 'tis the season.

As far as bags under my eyes from lack of sleep goes, I've always had that problem. ;)

Another fun part of working at a vet hospital is being able to avoid going to the doctor. Tonight, we took x-rays of my kidneys. As far as we can tell, I'm stone free. :D

Oh how I just love good trauma cases.... Yes, there is a lot more trauma in an ER Hospital, but you do learn not to panic and some excellent skills that you would never learn in a Day Practice...

I was on my way to vet school to be a food animal vet and somehow ended up as an Er Tech... I went to tech school back in 95 and have been in the Emergency field since... Since I love emergency & critical care, anesthesia, and surgery, I tend to do mostly relief work and consulting (pays more) these days...

I wish you luck with school... I am glad that I went... It gives you a chance to practice your skills in a pressure free environment... :D

I mentioned my sisters cat rocky eating off their plates and that...
just missed him mootching some lamb off the fork but here he is.
DSC07129.jpg

oh and my sisters boobs oooops! ah well she wont know. :p

No - not a good idea.

Seeing what my dog does on a daily basis to a certain part of his anatomy, I think it rather best to avoid sharing food from my fork with him..

My cat won't eat anything that isn't in his food bowl.
He is a very well behaved young man.

Tags
disgusting dog germs educational
Back
Top Bottom