Does life begin at 40?

Re: Does life begin at 40??

There is another school of thought that your only as old as the PERSON you feel...which makes me 35! ;)

Love Alma xxx

ooooh, I like this saying!! But then that only makes me 41 1/2 :(
*looks around for a boy toy :p*

Does it?
I'll be 40 next month so I'm curious as to what might "happen".
Some people around me say: "Life begins at 40" and others look troubled and start talking about getting wrinkles, grey hair, sagging bodyparts etc when I mention my birthday. :eek:
So to all you 40+-ers, did life begin at 40 or was it the beginning of the end? :p

Well, I am 46 and I remember turning the big 4-0. I feel like I care less what people may think of me, for one. I feel freer to say what's on my mind. As far as the wrinkles and stuff- it's part of life. I haven't gotten any wrinkles yet but dark circles around my eyes. In S. California, if you haven't had Botox you're practically a pariah. But I've heard that in other countries, like France, they celebrate mature women and plastic surgery is frowned upon. In my 20's and 30's (especially my 20's) I thought I'd never be this old so I didn't think about it and went on with life. Time goes so much faster and you find your time is more precious to waste on idiots. You'll be fine! Take care of yourself by eating well, exercise, multivitamins, and stress is the number one killer. Be kind to yourself.

Eh , just think of it as Half Time , Part Duex . It is a time when you finally realize that the most important person to impress is yourself and not others :cool:

Couldn't have said it better myself! :D

Try telling that to John Lennon....:p

I hope it does...:)

I am sure being 40 isn't too bad. I guess it is what you make out fo it:).

Easy for you to say twinkle toes. I bet you don't go to bed wondering if you'll awaken in the morning...:mad:

And sadly, i still do....:p

How did you get on today?

Yes it is easy for someone of my age to say:p.

I got on ok, they made me build something out of straws:confused:.

Wait until YOU start making indiscriminate noises when you bend over...:)

Oh wait, that's another thread....:p

Did they give you a job?

Were you auditioning for a part as one of The Three Little Pigs! :)

Love Alma xxx

Well i didn't huff and puff but my straw bridge fell down:(.

Wait until YOU start making indiscriminate noises when you bend over...:)

Oh wait, that's another thread....:p

Did they give you a job?

:eek: Who says i dont:p.

They said if i am sucessful they will call me next week for a proper interview in which i imgine the straws will not appear.

Well i didn't huff and puff but my straw bridge fell down:(.

One of the first bridges ever constructed was made from grass. I know, i am a wheeze at parties..:)

:eek: Who says i dont:p.

They said if i am sucessful they will call me next week for a proper interview in which i imgine the straws will not appear.

What a rigmarole to go through..:( I hope you get it after all that! It's at times like that when you want to turn round to people and say "You do realise that this is hours of my life that i'll NEVER get back"..lol!

Well,it'll begin at 50 for me:tears:because by the time my kids have left home I won't be far off being decrepid!!

When I'm finally free I'm going to behave in a very shameful manner.I owe it to myself.

What a rigmarole to go through..:( I hope you get it after all that! It's at times like that when you want to turn round to people and say "You do realise that this is hours of my life that i'll NEVER get back"..lol!

I know i will angry if i dont get the job in the end after i made them a bridge of straws, what else proves i will be a good worker:p.

Back
Top Bottom