Does life begin at 40?

Jose

No way...
Does it?
I'll be 40 next month so I'm curious as to what might "happen".
Some people around me say: "Life begins at 40" and others look troubled and start talking about getting wrinkles, grey hair, sagging bodyparts etc when I mention my birthday. :eek:
So to all you 40+-ers, did life begin at 40 or was it the beginning of the end? :p

Re: Does life begin at 40??

It depends on whether you have children and how old they are.

Life begins at 15, but I'm sure you'll be fine, it's not that old :)

Life begins at 15, but I'm sure you'll be fine, it's not that old :)

I know I'll be fine, I don't think anything will change, really. :)
People usually think I'm about 5-10 years younger than I am, so I should be alright. :p

I am loving my 40's...but growing older has never really worried me...I think having children keeps you young (mine are 9 and 7)...and marrying a younger man helps too! ;)

Anyway 40 is the new 30!...or so I'm told!

I like to think I'm an advert for growing old (DIS) GRACEFULLY! :p

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:

Anyway 30 is the new 40!...or so I'm told!

Hopefully you meant 40 is the new 30!

I am 40 in 4 months' time.

Youth, vitality, energy and ambition are wonderful things.

Slowly but surely these wonderful things ebb away, and are replaced by an acceptance that those wonderful things will never return.

I had a happy childhood, and have had a great life so far - for that I am grateful.

So, no.... Life does not begin at 40. This phrase is just used to comfort the late thirty-somethings that need something to cling to as the realisation of lost youth starts to sink in. ;)

Does it?

So to all you 40+-ers, did life begin at 40 or was it the beginning of the end? :p

Eh , just think of it as Half Time , Part Duex . It is a time when you finally realize that the most important person to impress is yourself and not others :cool:

Does it?
I'll be 40 next month so I'm curious as to what might "happen".
Some people around me say: "Life begins at 40" and others look troubled and start talking about getting wrinkles, grey hair, sagging bodyparts etc when I mention my birthday.

I have noticed wrinkles, gray hair and sagging body parts :p but what should I expect? I call it "character". :D I wouldn't say 40 is the beginning of the end... it's a NEW beginning. You're older, but -hopefully- wiser in your second 'stage' of life. So, think positive! And an early happy b-day to you, Jose!

I am loving my 40's...but growing older has never really worried me...I think having children keeps you young (mine are 9 and 7)...and marrying a younger man helps too!

Anyway 40 is the new 30!...or so I'm told!

I like to think I'm an advert for growing old (DIS) GRACEFULLY! :p

Love Alma xxx

That is what they say, Alma...and who are these "they" people, anyway?!! :mad: :p

When I turned 30, I was fine with that (it was 29 that didn't sit well with me) then again, my SO threw me a surprise party so 30 came roaring in! :) I had another party for my 40th (not a surprise) which was a bit more of a reality check (cuz it seemed like my 30th was 'yesterday'! :o) I did a lot of growing up in my 30's, got married, had kids, bought my first home... and I think I've settled into my (early!!) 40's. I do my best to stay/feel young, but it sure is harder to recover from days & nights of indulging (drink & food)!

Age is just a number & you're only as old as you feel, but I can't pretend that growing older never hurts.

Back
Top Bottom