Does Morrissey dye his hair ?

echobay

fades into the background
Do you think Morrissey dyes his hair? Some pics he looks like it's silver and others it's darker.

Last edited:
It's blatantly obvious he doesn't, IMO.

No way!!
I love the fact that he is ageing so gracefully...see frink thread for pictorial evidence!

I was pretty sure he didn't, it was just sometimes it looks a little less grey. But I agree he looks great.

He is just too superbly cool and intelligent to do such a thing! Although sometimes I do miss the jet black of the Kill Uncle era, even though I was only 4 at the time! Hehe!

Do you think Morrissey dyes his hair? Some pics he looks like a total silver fox and others it's darker.

I was just wondering that today and I do not think he cares about it. Now, if he was brought up and raised in California, YES, he WOULD color his hair. California is where IMAGE means everything. And now men are going for Botox and Juvederm treatments. What next?

He is aging gracefully and (I think) never looked better.

I totally agree with everyone here. His grey temples are incredibly sexy and I'd miss them if they were gone!:sweet:

No, it is photoshop.

Morrissey says he doesn't dye his hair and I believe him.

I've wondered myself since there have been some photos I've seen of him where his hair looked unusually red. That happens sometimes when people with dark brown hair try to go blonder and end up with red streaks. I've come to the conclusion that it's all in the lighting.

Some samples below of photos of him in both studio light and in natural light:
facevalueoa1.jpg

carryoncamping2d7832dw5.jpg

whoopiehe8.jpg

You may be able to see in the first photo the first indications that his hair was developing specs of grey around the temple and sides, otherwise dark brown. Photo #2 is a studio shot where the lighting picks ups the red undertones in his hair, which may be natural for him. Photo #3 is a screenshot of him outdoors in natural light and there is definitely some very slight natural red undertones in otherwise full bloom grey and gorgeous as well.

So, my conclusion is that Moz has neither the need nor the personality to upkeep dyed hair.

I've wondered myself since there have been some photos I've seen of him where his hair looked unusually red. That happens sometimes when people with dark brown hair try to go blonder and end up with red streaks. I've come to the conclusion that it's all in the lighting.

facevalueoa1.jpg

whoopiehe8.jpg

You may be able to see in the first photo the first indications that his hair was developing specs of grey around the temple and sides, otherwise dark brown. Photo #2 is a studio shot where the lighting picks ups the red undertones in his hair, which may be natural for him. Photo #3 is a screenshot of him outdoors in natural light and there is definitely some very slight natural red undertones in otherwise full bloom grey and gorgeous as well.

So, my conclusion is that Moz has neither the need nor the personality to upkeep dyed hair.

No, in the second pic with carry on tv he has without doubt dyed his hair a dark blonde. In all other studio photos his hair is naturally dark. I have seen a few others where his hair had some highlights in it. It was the 80's ffs!!!!!

facevalueoa1.jpg

whoopiehe8.jpg

I'm curious though. He had such a lovely cupid's bow mouth and it's disappeared! :confused: Also, I'd LOVE to smell his beautiful quiff!

Last edited:
No, in the second pic with carry on tv he has without doubt dyed his hair a dark blonde. In all other studio photos his hair is naturally dark. I have seen a few others where his hair had some highlights in it. It was the 80's ffs!!!!!

Ah yes, the 80s; I remember it well.

Well, fair enough, although I would make a distinction between dyeing and highlighting. Highlighting can be done naturally without chemicals. Lemon juice and sunshine was popular with my friends at school in the 80s. So was henna. There is no upkeep. It either fades or you cut it off.

The point I was trying to make was lighting does alter appearance and that I that I believe when he says he doesn't dye his hair. Now or ever. Not since the gold hair incident when he was 13.

I'm curious though. He had such a lovely cupid's bow mouth and it's disappeared! :confused: Also, I'd LOVE to smell his beautiful quiff!

It's still there; perhaps less rosy. Never got close enough to investigate. This is my misfortune. :p

supermozjr9.jpg

Natural light photo. Hmmmmm. Tough to call. Still say natural red undertone under dark brown/grey hair.

Any hairdressers aboard to shead light on this perplexing inquiry?

It's quite simple. How your hair looks in a photograph will depend on the lights reflecting on it. Different lighting conditions will make your hair look different in a photograph.

Not now, but maybe he did it around 1997 - 1999.
When he played at Alcatraz in Milan (1999), I noticed that his temples and sideburns were very dark.

Back
Top Bottom