Does Morrissey dye his hair ?

My son has the same kind of almost-black hair. In bright sunlight it has a red tone to it. His dad's beard comes in with red streaks, even though his hair is even darker. I think it's an Irish thing.

My son has the same kind of almost-black hair. In bright sunlight it has a red tone to it. His dad's beard comes in with red streaks, even though his hair is even darker. I think it's an Irish thing.

this is correct, i show red highlights in the sun, but indoors i look as if i have black hair.and my sideburns will have red hairs form time to time.:)

My hair's dark brown, yet in the sunlight or on some photographs it appears to have auburn highlights :cool: I doubt Moz dyes his hairs, and in those pics when he was younger where his his hair has reddish tones, he may well have had highlights but dark hair looks like that in some lights.

Not now, but maybe he did it around 1997 - 1999.
When he played at Alcatraz in Milan (1999), I noticed that his temples and sideburns were very dark.

I was going to say this - yes, in 1999-2000 he had very long hair (for Morrissey standards, anyway) and it was quite dark, especially on top, but you could tell as the tour went on he had a few grays up there. It wasn't even kept very short on the sides and back, as is his norm. It was just quite thick all around. It looked good, but I think it was dyed then, which may explain why it was longer - you cant really dye really short hair.

moz-clear1.JPG

By the time he he reemerged in 2002 for the fall tour he was back to his natural color, and in 2004, the gray was quite obvious.

I just want to say that if he did DYE HIS HAIR (and nothing else) it wouldn't be such a big deal. He is technically sort of like a lady being 4th Sex and all and ladies dye their hair all the time.

I think at one point in time, he may have. However, I believe once he embraced the aging process, he went natural. Now, he simply prefers to let the seasoning of his salt and pepper add to his overall flavor. Gotta love him for that.

http://mozziestar.wordpress.com

Back
Top Bottom