Does the Mexican-American Community Still Love Morrissey, Despite Everything? - Pitchfork

Does the Mexican-American Community Still Love Morrissey, Despite Everything? - Pitchfork
by Ludwig Hurtado

Excerpt:

This past weekend, thousands of Latinx folks gathered at Queen Mary Park in Long Beach, California, for the second annual Tropicália Music and Taco Festival. Likened to a Latinx Coachella by some attendees, Tropicália was put on this year by that California mega-fest’s own promoter, Goldenvoice, but did not abandon its original spirit. The lineup featured cumbia legends like Los Ángeles Azules and La Sonora Dinamita right alongside newly beloved bilingual favorites Chicano Batman, Kali Uchis, and Cardi B (who was replaced by SZA at the last minute, due to illness). Peppered in were indie-rock darlings like Mac DeMarco, Toro y Moi, and Mazzy Star.

And then there was Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's Mexico who are the 'pussy ass bitches' useless country, never won a war in their life. Peasants.
Well, some cultures weren't graced with the same level sociopathy that the caucuses were, but they can learn from their abusers.

Now they're just taking it all back through attrition.

To the future, and beyond!

One thing I would like to dispel, Ive seen Morrissey is many states. And most of them in Texas. Those shows are still almost all non Hispanic whites. Like 75% or more. I’ve even seen members on here saying well those Texas dates will be all Mexican. Nothing wrong if that were true, but it’s so far from the case. Those shows are still almost all middle age run of the mill white everybodies, me included.
Yeah, the whole Latino following has been greatly exaggerated. I think some journalists are just shocked that one of the most white-bread artists since Pat Boone has an ethnic following at all; when in reality, it's not that uncommon.

After all, all white people are basically half Hispanic.

Free speech? Be aware folks: on this website you can say whatever you want about Moz. Call him a racist, call him a c***, call him a f***ing paedophile - you can say what you want and it will be allowed. But try to say something unpleasant about the haters - and it will not be allowed. Dozens of my posts lambasting the likes of Skinny have not been allowed. Free speech? Free hate of Moz. This really is So Low. Be aware.
Didums. Take a deep breath and try not to get personally upset by individuals in here as we don't know them personally. It's never acceptable to hurl vicious comments against forum members. Uncle skinny makes good points.

Those evil people seeking a better life in another country; just like Morrissey's parents.

The reality is, Morrissey posing as some bedrock nationalist as he shelters in his ex-pat tax haven; having spent the majority his career denouncing the bedrock aspects of British culture, is rather rich.

At some point playing every side form every side starts to seem a bit disingenuous, and rather boring. It starts to move beyond the particulars of his ideology, to the realm of just seeing him as not a very serious person.

Some of you need to accept the fact that Morrissey doesn't really care about people; just like many of you don't, and at the end of the day, that makes you pretty much disposable. You're outside the conversation.

He's a schizoid narcissist, and he should be taken to task for the that; regardless of his political views. Narcissism is acceptable when you're young, but when you grow up, and have investments in other people, it i seen for what it always was: A mental illness.
im as disposable as a shitty nappy.

Morrissey is not a racist. And it is dangerous to throw that word around, you debase its value. Morrissey does not believe in the superiority of the white race. And he has never said anything remotely in tune with that ideology / belief system. What he has said goes against the post modern, Neo Marxist Liberal orthodoxy that exists in the main stream media.
exactly

Damn straight. That and there there always like minded, ignorant arseholes about who also think Farage is a liberal educator, Hitler was left wing and are racist who agree with him. This place is a magnet to 'em. They're welcome to him to be honest. Birds of a feather and all that.
R U UNCLE SKITTY NUMBER TWO OR THE LIKE? YES U R. AND U ARE A SAD SOUL STILL DANCING TO DEAD SOULS, BUT IN A DEADSOULISH WAY.

Didums. Take a deep breath and try not to get personally upset by individuals in here as we don't know them personally. It's never acceptable to hurl vicious comments against forum members. Uncle skinny makes good points.

but it's ok to hurl vicious comments against the guy the website is named after? if skinny et al log on here every day to vent their bile against Moz - they should expect some abuse back. sauce for the goose. to censor criticism is just plain fascism. SKINNY IS A FASCIST.

but it's ok to hurl vicious comments against the guy the website is named after? if skinny et al log on here every day to vent their bile against Moz - they should expect some abuse back. sauce for the goose. to censor criticism is just plain fascism. SKINNY IS A FASCIST.

Guess which c*** doesn't know the basic definition of what a fascist is.

These fascists and philistines
Of violence and fashion
These modern day philistines
They stand on your hands
They stand on my hands
Any day now we'll perish
These are nervous times

[

He's a schizoid narcissist, and he should be taken to task for the that; regardless of his political views. Narcissism is acceptable when you're young, but when you grow up, and have investments in other people, it i seen for what it always was: A mental illness.[/QUOTE]
How awful! When was he diagnosed, Dr Drip?

You cannot read then.
And you are a very dimwitted echo of ThickSkinny’s posts and as such are totally irrelevant.

Enjoy the football and Sufjan Stevens, Charlie.
Some things do matter.
And try having a mind of your own, it’s never too late you know.

The British Empire invaded and shit all over the 1st and 2nd world for centuries, raping them both literally and figuratively. Now they don’t want anything to do with the folks from those very nations. You whiny little pussy-ass hypocrite bitches need to suck it up.

Nobody needs to be a f***ing genius to understand THAT!

Tit-for-tat
You've simply reiterated my point. Nobody likes invaders.

Yet it's a hate crime to admit that these days.

A racist hate crime.

And you don't sound too kind or loving yourself.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom