Download Jarvis' new single 'Angela' for free today

Thanks, Terence. *downloading now*

I saw the Cock playing in Manchester last night. Big daft sod as usual! :D

Please tell me that he got rid of that beard he has been sporting.I was deeply upset when one of the best looking singers in music decided he wanted to look like a member of the taliban.

Please tell me that he got rid of that beard he has been sporting.I was deeply upset when one of the best looking singers in music decided he wanted to look like a member of the taliban.

I'm afraid he still has the beard. He'd also just washed his hair (a refreshing change for Jarvis) and it was all flossy and flyaway and kept getting in his face.

Jarvis' guitar went out of tune and he got in an awful muddle re-tuning it. We were on the front row (I'd thought the seating was first come first served when I booked and I couldn't believe my luck when the staff took our tickets and directed us right to the front!) and it was all I could do to stop my hubby (not a Jarvis fan) from running up and snatching the guitar, growling "Oh for God's sake, I'LL do it!"

Sadly, the event (John Lennon Imagine Appeal concert for sick children) was overrunning so we were denied any planned encore, but we got "Babies", "Something Changed" and "Sorted for E's and Whizz", as well as "Fat Children", "Auswich to Ipswich" , a couple of new songs and a couple of covers. Plus the usual Jarvesque ramblings. :D

I Am Kloot, Badly Drawn Boy and Stephen Fretwell did short but really enjoyable sets, too. It was a great evening but we didn't get home until 2.30 am. I'm knackered!

Last edited:
Indeed he did. :) Bear in mind that this was a charity gig so it was always probably going to be a bit more "greatest hits"-ish than the average gig, though.

I'll see him in Amsterdam in June, so I'll cross everything just in case!
Would be brilliant to hear Babies live again after so many years. :)

I'll see him in Amsterdam in June, so I'll cross everything just in case!
Would be brilliant to hear Babies live again after so many years. :)

The place went bonkers when he started playing it. I can sort of see why as a solo artist Jarvis doesn't want to rely on Pulp material, but maybe the reception he got last night will convince him to throw the odd Pulp song in as an encore. :)

The place went bonkers when he started playing it. I can sort of see why as a solo artist Jarvis doesn't want to rely on Pulp material, but maybe the reception he got last night will convince him to throw the odd Pulp song in as an encore. :)

I doubt most Dutch people know Babies at all.
It's mostly Common People and Disco 2000 that people know over here. :rolleyes:
So maybe if he does play Babies, I will be the only one who goes bonkers! :blushing:

I doubt most Dutch people know Babies at all.
It's mostly Common People and Disco 2000 that people know over here. :rolleyes:
So maybe if he does play Babies, I will be the only one who goes bonkers! :blushing:

Hundreds of people looking as you as if you're daft as you bounce up and down squeeing with delight..... :D

The new Jarvis album is to be called "Further Complications" and I think that was also the name of the new song he opened with last night. I actually prefer that track to "Angela".

Hundreds of people looking as you as if you're daft as you bounce up and down squeeing with delight..... :D

The new Jarvis album is to be called "Further Complications" and I think that was also the name of the new song he opened with last night. I actually prefer that track to "Angela".

I am not too keen on 'Angela' though I will give it a few more listens.What were some of the covers he played last night? I loved the covers he did in '06 in NYC.I think he played a Judas Priest song, it was great.

His on stage rambles are nearly the best part of the show.

I am not too keen on 'Angela' though I will give it a few more listens.What were some of the covers he played last night? I loved the covers he did in '06 in NYC.I think he played a Judas Priest song, it was great.

His on stage rambles are nearly the best part of the show.

He played the Trogs' "A Little Girl", the Velvet Underground's "Femme Fatale" (both of which I know he's covered before), plus a Leonard Cohen song with which I wasn't familiar.

I think "Angela"'s a bit too..... Relaxed Muscle Lite, if you see what I mean.

Cheers will take a listen.

Jarvis Cocker's cocker got me pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom