Dylan cancelled next?

NealCassidy

FREE SPEECH #FBPB
Looks like Bob Dylan is next to be cancelled

What exactly is getting stupid? A woman accused Bob Dylan of raping her when she was 12. I doubt it’s true, but what exactly does that have to do with “cancel culture”?

Oy :rolleyes:

:hammer:

She'd better have her dates correct. Dylan was touring the UK in April and May of 1965. From April 30 to May 10.

After Dylan's UK tour finished on May 10th, he travelled to Portugal with his wife where he remained until the end of the month. On June 1st, he recorded at the BBC in London and then returned to the US the following day. Dylan was not in the United States for the entirety of May 1965.

Given that Dylan had tour dates in the Pacific Northwest from late March to April 24th and that he flew to London on April 26th, there's only one or two days in which Dylan could have feasibly been in New York in this period. It’s odd that the plantiff’s lawyers didn’t spend five minutes fact-checking the alleged timeframe.

"A spokesman for Dylan, now 80, told the Guardian on Monday that “the 56-year-old claim is untrue and will be vigorously defended”."

My opinion: This statement, to me, is not very strong because of the word "untrue" rather than "false." Also, the claim is not 56 years old unless she's been saying this for fifty-six years which would only make it seem more credible.
It seems like a clumsy use of the "why didn't they say anything sooner" tactic which anyone who knows about these things knows is irrelevant. Many victims do not come forward for decades and the fact that she's talking about it now, if it's true, doesn't make a difference. It could just be that she has decided she doesn't want to keep this secret anymore, assuming again that it's true.

She could be making it all up but if that was the case I'd expect the statement to call it a complete fabrication and make the point that Dylan will be totally exonerated.
Instead we get the message with the words "vigorously defended" that she's going to be going up against a powerful legal force. And the short statement says that the claim will be vigorously defended. I know what it means to say but it's carelessly written and this spokesperson didn't craft this statement very well at all.

I'm only commenting on the statement itself which seems very weak. There is no evidence in the story to form an opinion on whether the claim is true.

And then maybe "politically correct" if we want to take it way, way back.

We did have a person :poop:🤡 who posted here a while back defending Weinstein and Cosby. The left out Kevin Spacey but I think that was because the point they wanted to make wasn't so much that we should presume innocence but that women are often psychopathic lying harpies sent to destroy men, so Spacey's case wasn't really relevant.
I read that R Kelly's attorneys are very worried that it has come out that he seems to have sexually assaulted at least one male minor and seem to feel that this could really ruin the jurors' opinions of him.

Anyway, I think the term "call-out culture" is better, but I'd really like to know who was "cancelled" just to understand what that means to people.

Back
Top Bottom