Early version of Piccadilly Palare with different lyrics

sander

I´ve heard now numerous times about an early version of Piccadilly Palare which seems to have totally different lyrics, maybe even a different musical arrangement. Has anybody on this board ever heard this version or can share some information about it. If you don´t want to share information on the general forum, private messages would be appreciated.

You're probably thinking of the version with the extra verse at the end that came out on the reissue of Bona Drag but had leaked many years earlier. I'd have to look at Mozipedia but I don't recall mention of a version with different lyrics.

Also possible you're conflating it with the live verson where the "no dad; I won't be home tomorrow" coda is much more prominent than on the studio take

You're probably thinking of the version with the extra verse at the end that came out on the reissue of Bona Drag but had leaked many years earlier. I'd have to look at Mozipedia but I don't recall mention of a version with different lyrics.

Also possible you're conflating it with the live verson where the "no dad; I won't be home tomorrow" coda is much more prominent than on the studio take
No I'm aware of the version you mentioned. Other members on here-sorry but can't remember who- have mentioned an earlier version with completly different lyrics exist.

Who is Legge and what are his leaks?

As far as I can tell, that archived post you linked to just references the reissue version.
Bona Drag reissue= 2010.
Quoted post= 2004.
Was cited as an example of how people talking about 'different' versions leads to problems 16 years later :)
Legge was the first person to share Striptease / Born To Hang etc via a website post that was quickly shut down.
Don't have the time right now to dig it all up, but subsequent leaks negated those versions I believe.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit: Legge details:

Bona Drag reissue= 2010.
Quoted post= 2004.
Was cited as an example of how people talking about 'different' versions leads to problems 16 years later :)
Legge was the first person to share Striptease / Born To Hang etc via a website post that was quickly shut down.
Don't have the time right now to dig it all up, but subsequent leaks negated those versions I believe.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit: Legge details:

Ah. Got it. I knew the name sounded familiar.

Yeah, sounds logical. But I don't see M coming in to lay down some half ass track for what he was thinking at the time, a through away song. Back when I first heard it very early 2000's it sounded more like a demo/scratch track. I think Alain wrote it in 91 or 92 if I remember correctly.So maybe it was cleaned up, possibly back up singing and maybe some more guitar. I don't think I know Who I love or the extremely early Piccadilly Palare with totally different lyrics. NOT THE EXTENDED ON!!!! Totally different lyrics
Thanks FWD and Skylarker for the input. Member PrettyWhiteNeck posted in the Record Sore release Thread about this early version of Piccadilly Palare. I´ve heard rumours about it before, not sure which other member mentioned this early version, too. Probably in a thread dedicated to another subject so I can´t find it anymore. Maybe PrettyWhiteNeck can share some more information about this version???

Thanks FWD and Skylarker for the input. Member PrettyWhiteNeck posted in the Record Sore release Thread about this early version of Piccadilly Palare. I´ve heard rumours about it before, not sure which other member mentioned this early version, too. Probably in a thread dedicated to another subject so I can´t find it anymore. Maybe PrettyWhiteNeck can share some more information about this version???
Sorry, should have been clearer.
Legge was cited as having a totally different version here:
Because another version was suggested - people now think there was definitely a different version.
I'm not doubting the integrity of anyone reporting responses to their emails,
but the version suggested has escaped notice from almost every serious collector and trader ever.
That tends to lead me to believe there's no real substance to the assertion by Legge.
Regards,
FWD.

@roky ?

Back
Top Bottom