"Earth Is The Loneliest Planet" single (digital download) released (June 3, 2014)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Re: Article: "Earth Is The Loneliest Planet" single (digital download) released (June 3, 2014)

I'm hoping that the 'deluxe bonus tracks' find their way onto the CD release as I have a feeling you won't be able to download those songs individually, rather you'll have to download the album in its entirety to get access to those extra songs. I have everything else on cd and I'm not prepared to 'go digital'. Also don't really want to pay for the cd and purchase separately through itunes when I can just rip the cd to my library. Capitol need to get a press release out to confirm a deluxe cd edition with these tracks.

German amazon has a deluxe CD advertised with the extra tracks on it. Also the italian amazon has something similar. I'm holding off on ordering the album until I get confirmation of a deluxe vinyl with all the tracks which these european sites seem to be hinting at. myplay direct can get stuffed till then.

- - - Updated - - -

Are people actually buying this now? You still can't download it on the UK iTunes - which is a shame as the excerpt sounds like a vast improvement on the live version.

I bought it last night from Australian itunes and it is growing on me. I'm trying not to let the impact of 'Istanbul' sway me just yet.

Re: Article: "Earth Is The Loneliest Planet" single (digital download) released (June 3, 2014)

Annoying.

This is showing on iTunes as 'Purchased' as I'd pre-ordered the album with them but I can't play anymore than an preview of the track. I had 'Istanbul' and 'World Peace..' by this point on the previous occassions.

Don't particuarly like what I'm hearing though. The music is very busy (and interesting I suppose) but the vocal sounds pretty off and the lyrics are turgid. Waiting for the full song to do it justice but it's no 'Istanbul' alright.

It's kind of disappointing, the live version is better. The production quality is still top notch, but there's a few creative choices going on in the song that I'm not sold on it. The guitar sounds a little amateur hour, like someone is learning how to play, it feels like it's missing chords, it doesn't flow properly...like the person playing (lol Jesse, probably Boz) can almost get it but they miss a bit out. I don't know, there's something just kind of off about the whole song. A bit disappointing after the great Istanbul and how much I enjoy the love version of the track.
I agree. I'm a little bit disappointed. I think it sounds a bit over-produced. I prefer the rawness of the live version.

I agree. I'm a little bit disappointed. I think it sounds a bit over-produced. I prefer the rawness of the live version.

The song should start at 48 seconds in. The lyrics are slightly embarrassing before that mark. I do like Kristeen Young's ghostly backing vocals though, if that is her that is... just a guess. Remember this is just one song of 18 so let's not over think this one.

I contacted iTunes about the problem some of us who pre-ordered in the UK were having and I've finally been able to access it via Check For Available Downloads...

Re: Earth Is The Loneliest Planet single (digital download) released (June 3, 2014)

German amazon has a deluxe CD advertised with the extra tracks on it. Also the italian amazon has something similar. I'm holding off on ordering the album until I get confirmation of a deluxe vinyl with all the tracks which these european sites seem to be hinting at. myplay direct can get stuffed till then.

Rough Trade are also taking pre-orders on both standard and deluxe edition CDs:

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/84117

I like it - possibly includes first ever accordion solo in a Morrissey song!
Great vibe, great blend of instruments. Nice lyric, lovely singing.
One of the things I'm liking most with the new songs is that there are some really interesting instrumental parts.
Haven't really had that since the Bona Drag/Viva Hate era. Wonder if that's mainly down to the producer or the songwriting...

The song should start at 48 seconds in. The lyrics are slightly embarrassing before that mark. I do like Kristeen Young's ghostly backing vocals though, if that is her that is... just a guess. Remember this is just one song of 18 so let's not over think this one.

You're right, I still think it's a great song. Im pretty sure it is Kristeen, it especially sounds like her during the "you, you, you" part.

i am extremely thankful to whatever/whomever has instigated the move away from the clunky riffs from 'southpaw' onwards. the instrumentation on the 3 tracks released this far is light years ahead of much of the band's recent offerings. matt walker is unquestionably the best drummer to have graced morrissey's solo output although i have an enormous soft soft for andrew paresi's playing.

i am extremely thankful to whatever/whomever has instigated the move away from the clunky riffs from 'southpaw' onwards. the instrumentation on the 3 tracks released this far is light years ahead of much of the band's recent offerings. matt walker is unquestionably the best drummer to have graced morrissey's solo output although i have an enormous soft soft for andrew paresi's playing.

I agree with you on your assessment of Walker and Paresi.

Did you get a chance to see Eric Burulcich? I saw 2 shows with him and he was very impressive.

What is this rapturous love of 'Istanbul'? It's a plodding and predictable, albeit improved 'Ganglord' with a bit of 'I will see you in far off places'. It's really not THAT good. Sorry

I agree with you on your assessment of Walker and Paresi.

Did you get a chance to see Eric Burulcich? I saw 2 shows with him and he was very impressive.

are you talking about the drummer on the '25 live' performance? if so, then yes, a really clever drummer with a great feel. i'm glad matt walker has returned to the fold but i would have certainly been happy to see what the '25 live' chap may have offered recording-wise.

I'm hoping that the 'deluxe bonus tracks' find their way onto the CD release as I have a feeling you won't be able to download those songs individually, rather you'll have to download the album in its entirety to get access to those extra songs. I have everything else on cd and I'm not prepared to 'go digital'. Also don't really want to pay for the cd and purchase separately through itunes when I can just rip the cd to my library. Capitol need to get a press release out to confirm a deluxe cd edition with these tracks.

Pre-order for deluxe edition is now available on Amazon UK.

Very overproduced. There's at least three loudly mixed guitar tracks in the mix. Much too busy. Not bad a track, though.

I like it - possibly includes first ever accordion solo in a Morrissey song!
Get off the Stage? Not a solo per se, but certainly some accordion shredding.
One of the things I'm liking most with the new songs is that there are some really interesting instrumental parts.
Haven't really had that since the Bona Drag/Viva Hate era. Wonder if that's mainly down to the producer or the songwriting...
This. Also, I think it's entirely the producer. I have a feeling Your Arse n' All would have sounded very rockabilly if not for that Yorkshire gentleman, and that YATQ would not have sounded so radio-ready if not for Jerry "Enema of the State" Finn.

Oh, and another thing! I pre-ordered the vinyl from the webstore and on the date of their respective releases was given free downloads of "World Peace..." and "Earth..." but not of "Istanbul." Has this happened to anybody else? Very curious.

Also, I think it's entirely the producer. I have a feeling Your Arse n' All would have sounded very rockabilly if not for that Yorkshire gentleman, and that YATQ would not have sounded so radio-ready if not for Jerry "Enema of the State" Finn.

I agree. I think it's beginning to look like Joe Chiccarelli has played a bit of a blinder.

Oh, and another thing! I pre-ordered the vinyl from the webstore and on the date of their respective releases was given free downloads of "World Peace..." and "Earth..." but not of "Istanbul." Has this happened to anybody else? Very curious.

No, I didn't get any free downloads.

All three tracks are now available within Google Music All Access....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom