Eddie Vedder re: Bonfire Of Teenagers: "some of the best Morrissey stuff I’d heard in years" / Andrew Watt confirmed as producer (January 14, 2022)

Eddie Vedder says new Morrissey record is "some of the best Morrissey stuff I've heard in years"

pearljamonline.it are quoting Vedder's Mojo interview (issue 340/March).

Other media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no interest in other musicians talking about Moz or a new Moz album unless it means it could be close to a release. UNLESS I loved their music and respected their opinions. For example I wouldn't care what E.V. or Billy Eilish or M.Cyrus or E.Sheeran or K.West or any of that lot think about a Moz album.

If Kaybe West listens to it and then says "It's Morrissey's return to the glam phase of Your Arsenal", then I would be interested..... even if it's Kaybe West.... but because it gives a hint.
Of course, once it is released, it's no longer interesting what they said.

His albums often come out in Feb don't they. Fingers crossed every1.

Well, if that won't get him a deal where he can spend other people's money, I don't know what will.

Onwards and upwards!
Your words, not mine: “Morrissey is definitely not a racist”. You shouted in people’s faces. People who couldn’t care less. You wanted them to know.

Fingers crossed for Grunge Moz.

444.jpg
Looks like a TWD character. Grunge was about being young too.

I don't know, but it's time to listen to Bonfire of the teenager... at least one Song Please Moz allows us to listen to at least one song.? It's been a long time since you announced it, you should already give a song to your fans!!!!!! Dale Mozuchis!!!!!!!

Mmm, please elaborate
Peter (yourself?) held a very different opinion some years ago, and in a pretty similar (hostile) climate for Morrissey. But the sense of righteous indignation was exactly the same. As was the need to be front and centre in any debate concerning Morrissey.

He was, then, as dismissive of alternative perspectives as he is now. In some ways this leopard might be said to have changed its spots. But actually, it’s the constancy that’s remarkable.

The apparent failure of people we’ve put on a pedestal offers an opportunity for some critical reflection—upon our own vulnerabilities and needs. But for Peter, everything becomes evidence of just how right he continues to be—even when he’s performed a series of back-flips and about-turns.

I bet you liked Pearl Jam before they were cool. “Awww, man, Jeremy is just soooo mainstream. Black is the real anthem for the real fans like us - and Garden! Oh, man, us real fans love that one!”
I always hated Pearl Jam. I just want that to be on record. Even when they did that record with Neil Young and it wasn't that bad I still thought that he just booked them because Nirvana was busy.

Eddie Vedder says new Morrissey record is "some of the best Morrissey stuff I've heard in years"

pearljamonline.it are quoting Vedder's Mojo interview (issue 340/March).

Other media item:
the best from morrissey ive heard in years ? , not a ringing endorsement. this from a guy who still loves morrissey, but the last albums have not been good. he sounds great, the band is getting a bit inventive, but the lyrics are just mostly bad. very repetitive nowhere lyrics, quite frankly the kind of drivel moz would make fun of years ago.

the best from morrissey ive heard in years ? , not a ringing endorsement. this from a guy who still loves morrissey, but the last albums have not been good. he sounds great, the band is getting a bit inventive, but the lyrics are just mostly bad. very repetitive nowhere lyrics, quite frankly the kind of drivel moz would make fun of years ago.
Speak for yourself, dog on a chain was top.notch I thought. I know I'm not the only one.

if lanadoac is very good album I like all the songs, the trumpets of querido. Hug a pillow was what I didn't like! Without a doubt that album will make us remember the pandemic, the confinement, came out in the worst time, Moz had no luck his album received excellent reviews, those who hate him could not say anything, the album was fine, but it did not have an adequate reception, for obvious reasons. Moz deserves all the recognition is an immense artist!!!!!

Ianadoac is great but it will be inevitable not to remember the coronavirus confinement when listening to Moz's beautiful album

Speak for yourself, dog on a chain was top.notch I thought. I know I'm not the only one.
off the top of my head i like knockabout, river clean, hurling days is decent . jim jim, bobby, truth about ruth, and others sound like a beginners songwriting class. repetitive, boring, you know from the first few lines the songs are going nowhere ( fast) .

For posterity:

Screenshot_20220120-063410~2.png
Screenshot_20220120-063452~2.png

The part of the Mojo interview where he mentions Watt etc.
Regards,
FWD.

off the top of my head i like knockabout, river clean, hurling days is decent . jim jim, bobby, truth about ruth, and others sound like a beginners songwriting class. repetitive, boring, you know from the first few lines the songs are going nowhere ( fast) .
this could be a record norris mcwhirter would be proud of,38 messages in 15 years,thats 2.5 messages a year and here you are with two in a row,you must have really wanted to get your disgust of M off your hairy chest.

If BOT even sounds as dynamic and well-produced as the first single from Vedder's new solo album, the Chiccarelli curse could truly be ended.

this could be a record norris mcwhirter would be proud of,38 messages in 15 years,thats 2.5 messages a year and here you are with two in a row,you must have really wanted to get your disgust of M off your hairy chest.
i dont post much because there isnt much to say anymore. the good days have been spoken about to death, recent times arent much to speak of at all. for a guy to sit and count my posts is pretty sad, nothing else to do? i have plenty to do, one of the reasons i dont post much. seeing as you have nothing to do, why dont you read some of my limited output, much of it is in defense of moz. bottom line, his recent output is , in comparison to his many , many years of probably the best songwritng of all time, is dreary, repetitive,unimaginative. it happens to nearly all the best of them if you stay at it long enough. his back catologue is more than enough for me to listen to for rest of my life. ps- putting billy joe armstrong on a record is just desperation. i love california son to death, i love WBB, but if i could erase his horrible input via software, i would do it. it just reeks of desperation to get people to listen.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom