Morrissey Central ELIZABETH DWYER DIES (August 14, 2020)

August 14, 2020

Morrissey's very beloved mother - and best friend, Elizabeth Dwyer, has passed away.

A service will be held in Dublin where Elizabeth was born.

All are welcome.

full

"All my life's buried here … heap earth upon it."

-Oscar Wilde.

Update:

"Anyone wishing to send flowers for Elizabeth Dwyer can have them delivered to the gates of Beechmount, Bowdon Road, Bowdon, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA142AJ, England."
Also:

Media coverage:
Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rest in peace Elizabeth, you created a wonderful family with a son who went on to save and change millions of people’s lives. Without you, the world wouldn’t have Morrissey. The man who saved the lives of so many animals, whose music has brought joy to peoples suffering. May you be in a better place now, where you will receive your due reward❤️🙏🏼

A parent leaving this life for the next is possibly one of the worst feelings one can endure. I thank my lucky stars it's yet to happen to me, but it will, and soon. Morrissey's relationship with his mother was plain to see, and one of his positive traits in my eyes. My condolences to the Dwyer and Morrissey families.

Please respect him and leave the service for the family.

I think this calls it. Covid is rife. The service is indeed not a place for anything other than a celebration of life for loved ones and close friends.

Ross speaks well here

A parent leaving this life for the next is possibly one of the worst feelings one can endure. I thank my lucky stars it's yet to happen to me, but it will, and soon. Morrissey's relationship with his mother was plain to see, and one of his positive traits in my eyes. My condolences to the Dwyer and Morrissey families.
It's not inevitable, dude. Sometimes parents outlive their children. Anything can happen to us at anytime. Your (or my) life could end today. Ideally, we outlive our parents. If the opposite happens, the tragedy and pain is magnified a hundred fold. Worth remembering.

Proof - in case anyone still needed it in this day and age - that prayers and appeals to mystical 'gods' are a complete waste of time and energy.

Science doesn't even agree with you - it helps manage fear, loneliness & feelings of powerlessness. And it provides a narrative framework for processing grief.

I reckon you sick delusional anti-American anti-Roman Catholic terrorists need to stop referring to her as "sod" "mum" mam". The California Mom hated you people. I am so happy she never found out that you sociopaths had delusional fantasies that she lived in Mankfester or Waldo Range or anywhere but Moz Angeles. Where do you think that photo of her was taken? She can rest in peace. She had to sit in a "box" away from you people instead of being backstage with Nancy because she could not stand the sight of being up close to you. The California Son's mom and dad moved from Dublin to LA and opened Morrissey's Catholic Gifts in the San Fernando Valley. We would go there and buy our materials for Catechism and I always remember the poster she had at the cash register that said INGLAND OUT OF IRELAND! She was so happy when she made enough money to buy her California Son his first basketball and hoop in the front yard. In the immortal words of the California Mom....GO HOME!!!
inn nn nnnnnn nnnnnn n it.

View attachment 58381

View attachment 58382

sure wierdo

Sam's requesting that people attend and I can understand why. When my dad died my family wanted as many people as possible at his funeral - which we ended up getting. It really helped us with our grief to know that lots of people respected and loved him and wanted to be there for him and us, and we felt like he ended up getting the recognition he deserved but was too humble in life to seek.

Try to stay strong Moz, even if this feels like the world has ended.
"Hear her voice in your head and think of her kindly..."
My thoughts are with you.

"See you all in Dublin".

That will be a bit difficult.

Funeral restrictions enforce 2metre distancing and only 50 attendees.

And current travel restrictions in Ireland enforce 14 day quarantine for all people arriving in Ireland and all but essential travel is allowed.

Science doesn't even agree with you - it helps manage fear, loneliness & feelings of powerlessness. And it provides a narrative framework for processing grief.

Who for? You or him? You going to church privately to pray for his mother helped your fears of loneliness?

Nothing but love and sympathy from me to Morrissey and family.

May she rest in peace.

Who for? You or him? You going to church privately to pray for his mother helped your fears of loneliness?

Everyone, it's a collective experience that's underpinned by every small act that contributes to it over time.

So sad to read this. She was almost the fifth Smith to me. Take care, Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom