Morrissey Central ELIZABETH DWYER DIES (August 14, 2020)

August 14, 2020

Morrissey's very beloved mother - and best friend, Elizabeth Dwyer, has passed away.

A service will be held in Dublin where Elizabeth was born.

All are welcome.

full

"All my life's buried here … heap earth upon it."

-Oscar Wilde.

Update:

"Anyone wishing to send flowers for Elizabeth Dwyer can have them delivered to the gates of Beechmount, Bowdon Road, Bowdon, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA142AJ, England."
Also:

Media coverage:
Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's almost 4 A.M and I'm not clubbing in Tel Aviv but making sure my dad doesn't get out of bed to have a wee, because he can't stand up today but he keeps trying every couple of hours anyway ("Headstrong" is a euphemism.) (Me? I'm only very midlly stubborn!) I don't expect him to live for much longer now but he's full of surprises. (He didn't pass that on.)

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you make peace with Death...and Life.

I'd like to think when one is dead, one is a bit all-knowing and sees the whole picture and all that. And that that makes up for all lost opportunities in life.

Tea in Altrincham? I'd say you've had a very large escape, ms D., but save me a dozen afterlife cucumber sandwiches anyway. You never know.

And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all. She is sleeping now, please take comfort.

You will see your dear mother again in paradise Morrissey.

I am so, so sorry.🖤 Love to all of you. So much.

God, come down if you're really there
Well, you're the one who claims to care

I hope there's a good showing of Morrissey fans at the service in Dublin. The family needs us. In the meantime, would anyone be interested in organising some flowers from all of us who can't make it? I'm still in lockdown down under.

MORRISSEY YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE FOR ME NOW IM HERE FOR YOU.

I feel your heartbreak and pain, now that tears only remain , and As your tomorrows shall always be the same.

Close your eyes and think of her, then call her name, her name was mother, your one true friend, who you loved and nursed right until the very end.

WE LOVE YOU MORRISSEY

Barry.

Rest In Peace.

ugh why am i being so mean? forgive me, mozzer. really, i think it's sweet how much you loved your pretty mom. im sure she was a very special lady. take care, sweetie.

Mothers are important and special people. I'm sorry for the loss of such a precious person in your life.
No one can replace your mom, but God can comfort your heart.
I hope you will find the inner strength to go through and overcome this sad and difficult time.
My prayers are for her, for you and for your family. Condolences.
I love you Moz!
Raffaele

I'm so sorry to hear this tragic news. My mum is my best friend in the world and I don't feel I could cope without her. X

There is a light that never goes out. Never forget that.

Even though it might be hard, for various reasons, for me to travel to Ireland, and be there for you the way your words and music have been there for me for the last 18 years of my life, I just want to say, you are always on my mind.
RIP Ms Dwyer.

Very sad news, my thoughts go to Morrissey and all the family at the passing of such a special lady.

No words, only love.

Well yeah that'll happen if you go on long enough. Eventually ya die. Topping yerself cause yer ol ma popped off is NOT poetic, 'specially not at your age

I told people you were dark after you laughed at the Manchester Bombing.

Hopefully other people note this and recall it. I wasn't lying.

You are a damaged, snide ghoul. You masquerade as a rabbit to hide the vindictive sociopath you really are.

Condolences to Morrissey. I lost my mother once, and that was once too many. It's.. Otherworldly in its grief.

Poor Morrissey xx

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom