'f*** morrissey-solo.com' says Morrissey and the band

I think the conversation between Morrissey and Boz went like this:

- Hey Boz?
- Mhhh...
- Boz, stop eating, we have to print those f*** Fur tshirts for tomorrow's gig.
- Mhhh, sure. Since we are printing a bunch of those, perhaps we could print something else as well.
- Like what?
- Do you hate anything else, except fur?
- Is this a trick question?
- Racism?
- Yes, hate it.
- Or, some idiot on facebook said we could wear 'f*** morrissey-solo.com' shirts.
- Yeah, I think I hate morrissey-solo more.
- It's done then. Are you going to finish your crisps?

Re: who was the mastermind behind the f*** Morrissey-Solo shirts?

It was me and I have proof

Most of the members of this site are arrogant pricks and I can't stand any of you. When I saw how you guys said Boz Boorer has a belly too big and Morrissey should retire and the band sucks..
I had enough of that

So I wrote on Boz Boorer's wall and told him the following

261398_232533486771882_100000456987552_825946_282217_n.jpg

That was you? Greatest idea ever! I had secretly hoped that Boz would pick up the idea, but I wasn't sure if Morrissey would do it ... :thumb:

Re: Morrissey and the band have a message for you.

Hahaha, a real fan site?

This site is one of them because it has almost 15 years history.

Which means if you do one day meet Morrissey, you will inform him that you're a moderator on this site and that you're proud of this site. OK?

If not well..........

Which means if you do one day meet Morrissey, you will inform him that you're a moderator on this site and that you're proud of this site. OK?

If not well..........

would you tell him you come here often? It is not the mods fault or indeed davidt's that about 4 yea 4! arses have pissed on the site over the years, maybe you can argue that horrible stuff was left on the site so on, but david is pretty clear with his views on censorship and I really think its a bit unfair to tar the whole place, just my opinion. I want to say thanks to david for giving us a place to come for years where many of us have made friends, got the ONLY information out there to be found and had a bloody good laugh over the years.

If not well..........

would you tell him you come here often? It is not the mods fault or indeed davidt's that about 4 yea 4! arses have pissed on the site over the years, maybe you can argue that horrible stuff was left on the site so on, but david is pretty clear with his views on censorship and I really think its a bit unfair to tar the whole place, just my opinion. I want to say thanks to david for giving us a place to come for years where many of us have made friends, got the ONLY information out there to be found and had a bloody good laugh over the years.

I was at the St George's Hall last night and something strikes me as a little odd.
Morrissey came back for the initial encore wearing one of his usual shirts, he then sang the first few verses of Irish Blood, English Heart before the power went off.
It took 5 minutes or so for the power to be restored and Moz and the band spent this time in the dressing room.
It was only then, when they returned for this 'unplanned' encore, that they all came back sporting the 'f*** morrissey-solo.com' t-shirts.
I struck me as odd last night and still does this morning...
a) Would they ever have worn these t-shirts had the power not gone off?
b) If Morrissey dislikes this site so much, why publicise it via a t-shirt (even if it is negative publicity)? would it not be better to simply ignore it?
c) I was a little saddened by last night's t-shirt 'episode'. This site has been the only source of information for many a year and it is frequented and visited by his most loyal fans. The very people who buy his records, go to his gigs and generally idolise him.
I am not denying that there are some idiots here of course (people who come here with the sole intent of slagging him off, which is something that I have never understood), but isn't that the case anywhere you go? After all Moz should know that 'people are the same everywhere', should he not?

Ok, that's my tuppence worth...

Viva Moz! Viva Solo!

I've been banned from both Solo & the other forum, and I have to say, during both bans, I only ever checked Solo, not been on the other one for months since they banned me.

But still, hilarious Mozzer!

I have been coming to this site since the late 90's for all my Morrissey news, set lists, and forum-lurking. I never joined or posted anything until tonight, but this whole t-shirt fiasco prompted me to make it official. Sure, there have been a lot of hurtful, immature things said about Morrissey and his band on here, but that's the internet: there are a lot of hurtful, immature people on it. Overall, this site has been great and I'm very thankful for it.

Anyhoo, here's the post I wrote anonymously on the main page just before deciding to actually join MorrisseySolo:

I'm really disappointed in Morrissey for this, because, as others have said, it FEELS as if he's saying "f*** You" to ALL his fans. I'm a huge fan of his AND a huge fan of this site. It hurts that he would, essentially, spit in our faces when we're the ones who have been defending him and listening to his music for so so long.

However, the more I think about it, can you blame him? There are some pretty nasty, immature, thoughtless things said about him and his band on here. If I was in his shoes and was reading those kind of comments written about me, I'd be hurt and pissed and would probably feel the urge to lash out. He's an artist and he's sensitive, had his ups and downs, and doesn't want to hear his supposed fans saying such hurtful things. I'm torn on how to feel. I hope he was just trying to make a brash statement and doesn't actually think that way about this site and the majority of fans who use it. I would hope he's smart enough to know that EVERY music fan site on the internet is full of a very loud, active, immature minority being assholes because they can hide on the internet.

Either way, though, it sure leaves a sour taste in my mouth, especially after being really excited for the recent set lists he's been playing and the generally positive reviews I've been reading from fans on this site. Please keep the site going and please, true fans, keep posting. Hopefully, Morrissey takes the time to read the majority of good posts on this site and realizes that he jumped the gun generalizing the vicious minority.

But David T uses Morrissey's name and Morrissey does not approve of this site so he is well within his rights to distance himself from it publicly. Whatever the intentions of the site it's not hard to find numerous examples here that would reflect poorly on Morrissey if people were to assume he approves. You can say that the site does a lot for Morrissey but the site trades on his name also, and Morrissey is simply making it clear that he's not giving his stamp of approval.

Of course this is nothing new. The mystery is why anyone would choose to continue a site dedicated to a person who can't stand it or him.

Quite right, Dave.

Of course I'm not down with all of the terrible anonymous trolls, but it seems any time anyone posts a thoughtful comment that isn't entirely 100% filled with praise, they are labeled a traitor and run out of town. That is ridiculous. Morrissey criticizes other artists ruthlessly, so he's got to be able to handle the same treatment once in a while.

That's not entirely true. There are a lot of people on here who are thoughtful, sometimes critical, and don't blindly support everything Morrissey does and who are respected members of the site. It's constant negativity (and assertions that their opinion is absolute) that gets on many people's wick. I'm sure Morrissey is not as unwilling to accept criticism as many people seem to think, but this place can get a little harsh and hairy at times.

The above is a bunch of poppy cock. I come on the site mostly to see if there is any rare stuff to DL and if for something to read when I can't sleep..it used to be faire and interesting (at times) on here OH, BUT NOT NOW.
If David wanted to make this site less littered with idiots- he could have removed people for making overtly racist and homophobic comments for one. It would also be polite if he removed any leaks of LPs BEFORE the release date
I could go on BUT I think you get the the general idea

The above is a bunch of poppy cock. I come on the site mostly to see if there is any rare stuff to DL and if for something to read when I can't sleep..it used to be faire and interesting (at times) on here OH, BUT NOT NOW.
If David wanted to make this site less littered with idiots- he could have removed people for making overtly racist and homophobic comments for one. It would also be polite if he removed any leaks of LPs BEFORE the release date

I have been coming to this site since the late 90's for all my Morrissey news, set lists, and forum-lurking. I never joined or posted anything until tonight, but this whole t-shirt fiasco prompted me to make it official. Sure, there have been a lot of hurtful, immature things said about Morrissey and his band on here, but that's the internet: there are a lot of hurtful, immature people on it. Overall, this site has been great and I'm very thankful for it.

Anyhoo, here's the post I wrote anonymously on the main page just before deciding to actually join MorrisseySolo:

I'm really disappointed in Morrissey for this, because, as others have said, it FEELS as if he's saying "f*** You" to ALL his fans. I'm a huge fan of his AND a huge fan of this site. It hurts that he would, essentially, spit in our faces when we're the ones who have been defending him and listening to his music for so so long.

However, the more I think about it, can you blame him? There are some pretty nasty, immature, thoughtless things said about him and his band on here. If I was in his shoes and was reading those kind of comments written about me, I'd be hurt and pissed and would probably feel the urge to lash out. He's an artist and he's sensitive, had his ups and downs, and doesn't want to hear his supposed fans saying such hurtful things. I'm torn on how to feel. I hope he was just trying to make a brash statement and doesn't actually think that way about this site and the majority of fans who use it. I would hope he's smart enough to know that EVERY music fan site on the internet is full of a very loud, active, immature minority being assholes because they can hide on the internet.

Either way, though, it sure leaves a sour taste in my mouth, especially after being really excited for the recent set lists he's been playing and the generally positive reviews I've been reading from fans on this site. Please keep the site going and please, true fans, keep posting. Hopefully, Morrissey takes the time to read the majority of good posts on this site and realizes that he jumped the gun generalizing the vicious minority.

I disagree 100% with what you say and the general feel....
There have been lies, racist remarks, homophobic remarks, bullying, people up loading things before the release has had time to chart and other things. Fair enough have a dig BUT there are always limits.
Also, it doesn't feel like Morrissey is having a go at his fans at all, it just feels like he is feed up with this site. People call Moz all sorts of things on here...he is allowed to have his say.

Oh i have an general idea about it all.

I still think it's hillariously funny that Boz really picked up the idea. I wonder if it took long to persuade Moz to actually do this. Maybe it will make people think twice when they are about to insult Moz and the band in the future.

I still think it's hillariously funny that Boz really picked up the idea. I wonder if it took long to persuade Moz to actually do this. Maybe it will make people think twice when they are about to insult Moz and the band in the future.

yes it is funny, the answer there would be no, and no

Tags
cleanup david tseng fuck msolo reform t-shirt
Back
Top Bottom