Favorite Track from YOR

Favorite Track from Years of Refusal

• Total voters

Ugly Devil

To those who've heard the album, which is your favourite track?

Last edited:
Toss up right now with Birthday and I'm ok

Amazing album

Riverbed, Carol, Birthday and I'm OK By Myself.

Wow, am I surprised to be in agreement with the majority. Birthday/Paris/Skull.

'Sorry doesn't help' - the weakest track? Who agrees?

I think "Sorry Doesn't Help" is one of the more memorable songs on the album. It's also refreshing to hear that Jesse's co-writes are much better than anything he's previously written.

I'd have to say "When I Last Spoke To Carol" and even "Black Cloud" are the weakest tracks. Especially "Black Cloud," which I was REALLY looking forward to.

definitely Birthday, so powerful, and Throwing my arms around paris, i'm so in love with the piano. but i LOVE LOVE LOVE the lyrics of black cloud.

As always.. I'm doing something wrong.. Birthday is probably my least favourite track :/

As always.. I'm doing something wrong.. Birthday is probably my least favourite track :/

Agreed. It's a great song, but I have 3 others that I am obsessed with on the album. I will say his voice songs excellent in Birthday though.

sorry but Black Cloud is definitely not single material. id say overall the album is really good, all the songs go together but im not gonna go out on a limb by saying its one of his greatest records. Skull, Paris, Carol, Birthday are the top 4. I also believe the first half is much better than the last with the exCeption of Birthday of course. maybe a few more listens will win me over ?

I think "Sorry Doesn't Help" is one of the more memorable songs on the album. It's also refreshing to hear that Jesse's co-writes are much better than anything he's previously written.

I'd have to say "When I Last Spoke To Carol" and even "Black Cloud" are the weakest tracks. Especially "Black Cloud," which I was REALLY looking forward to.

Nah, it's a filler - It doesn't really go anywhere, and the the melody line is pretty weak. The poll agrees with me, no one has voted for it yet. :)

Carol is such a great song! It gets my vote. To be honest I can't see why birthday seems to be the winner here.

SISMS.

My most eagerly anticipated track (yes, even over the brand new ones), I've been caning the Jools Holland audio rip of it for the last 10 months or so.

Glad to say it delivers. The production is heavy, it rocks so hard, I love it! :guitar:

One thing that I'm not entirely sure about is the slightly different outro, but I don't dislike it... so yeah, definitely the best track and an inspired choice for the opener.

When Last I Spoke to Carol reminds me of the theme song to Flight of the Concords..

I went for Mama. I've always liked it.

But Birthday, Skull, Black Cloud and Carol are close behind...

I'll probably change my mind, but right now my favourite is 'Mama...', with 'Paris' and 'Carol' following.
I'm not too sure about 'It's Not Your Birthday Anymore' :( I love the lyrics and the first verse, but the chorus just does nothing for me.
I like all the others, with the possible exception of 'You Were Good In Your Time', which I think needs to grow on me a little.

When Last I Spoke To Carol and Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed are incredibly strong songs.

Back
Top Bottom