film 'Avatar' makes people want to kill themselves

Cassius

James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

"That's all I have been doing as of late, searching the Internet for more info about 'Avatar.' I guess that helps. It's so hard I can't force myself to think that it's just a movie, and to get over it, that living like the Na'vi will never happen. I think I need a rebound movie," Elequin posted.

"Ever since I went to see 'Avatar' I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na'vi made me want to be one of them. I can't stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers I got from it," Mike posted. "I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in 'Avatar.' "

"When I woke up this morning after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed ... gray. It was like my whole life, everything I've done and worked for, lost its meaning," Hill wrote on the forum. "It just seems so ... meaningless. I still don't really see any reason to keep ... doing things at all. I live in a dying world."

"One can say my depression was twofold: I was depressed because I really wanted to live in Pandora, which seemed like such a perfect place, but I was also depressed and disgusted with the sight of our world, what we have done to Earth. I so much wanted to escape reality," Hill said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html

I've only had a look at the trailer and despite all the special effects, I was bored after a minute and a half.

James Cameron in Major A-Hole Dispute

James Cameron -- the guy who directed "Avatar" -- directed a few choice words at an autograph seeking fan last night -- calling the guy a "f**king a**hole" during an argument over a signature.

It all went down at LAX -- when James walked past a man holding an "Avatar" poster, and refused to sign. The man went back to Cameron and asked again to which James replied, "I don't owe you a f**king signature ... just get out of my f**king personal space."

That's when the fan lost it and replied, "I'm an asshole because I ask someone I admire for their autograph that makes me an a**hole? I make $15-an-hour at work to go see your film and I'm an a**hole?"

Ultimately, James calmly walked away from the situation while the fan continued to yell at him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I read somewhere that it is racist and that the message is about how white people have to save "native" people because they have the inherent leadership qualities that the natives lack. I haven't seen it and I won't, so I'm not talking about the movie, but just the way it was received by some bloggers. James Cameron doesn't care about blue people?

23hr6l4.png

I've wanted to kill myself over an avatar before, but only because I couldn't get it to upload.

They always come out with these stupid "news" stories when films come out. I'm still waiting for the asteroid that was spotted hurtling towards us when Armageddon was released? Also reminds me of the time I was reading Smash Hits in 1987 or thereabouts and there was a story on the hilarious japes that Micheal Jackson and McCauley Culkin used to get up to on their sleepovers, ie putting buckets of water atop the door and so on.

Re: Avatar makes people want to kill themselves

I am so tired of hearing about Avatar! I get it, it's pretty and it's supposed to change the movie industry (cause, just what it needs - more pretty CG!)

also those quotes sounded like they were pulled straight from The Onion.

Story - trite
Acting - wooden
Dialogue - cringe-worthy

Oddly enough, however, while that's almost invariably a recipe for disaster for me, I found the whole movie going experience of it all to be exhilarating.

i was in jungle of peru and this is blue lagoon

scenery is very beautiful this picture fails to capture all its beauty, indigenous Amazonian have not a modern life but they were not unhappy
tarapoto-laguna-azul-sauce-hermoso-terreno-19000-mt2_5aead02_3.jpg

because the river giving all that they need and natural medicine the same used in pharmaceutical .

is very strange when you do not need nothing . but you do not have anything and it does not mean to be a poor person

and it is real http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8054043.stm

Back
Top Bottom