Film "Nomadland" Smiths/Morrissey reference

I was watching a "Nomadland" movie screener tonight and right at the start of the movie the main character goes to work at a Amazon factory. They are having lunch and a lady (Angela) has a bunch of Morrissey tattoos which they show on screen. She quotes "When your laughing and dancing and finally living you hear my voice in your head and you think of my kindly", after she says that "another Smiths lyric I have is". (The Smiths song Rubber Ring). She also quotes that her favorite lyric is "Home is it just a word? Or is it something that you carry within you"? (Morrissey song "Home Is A Question Mark). Then she says "his lyrics are very deep". Obvious reference to Morrissey but no mention of his name.

Will the real Angela please stand up? Good work!

Mentioned in several reviews of the film as well, for example:

"Early on in Chloé Zhao’s docu-fiction Nomadland, a character shows off a tattoo of a famous Morrissey famous lyric: “Home is it just a word. Or is it something you carry within you?”. It perhaps best encapsulates the recent Golden Lion winner – a film about self-discovery and finding one’s home in the world."

https://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2020/09/25/nomadland-review-dir-chloe-zhao-2020/

"“Home, is it just a word? Or is it something you carry within you?”

These Morrissey lyrics are at the heart of Chloe Zhao’s “Nomadland,” a film that follows the itinerant lives of older Americans searching the country for a living wage with their campers, vans, and trailers in tow."

Rubbish. Using quotes from Smiths/Moz is a true sign of idiocy.

Rubbish. Using quotes from Smiths/Moz is a true sign of idiocy.
Why do you come here...
Friday nights 1969
Every post you murder every line.

Trudging slowly over solo...

With all the new crimes that you are acting like a wanker.....

Solo rejected your soul
We won’t be dragged down ....
4kin slavvery gob Jack...

Mentioned in several reviews of the film as well, for example:

"Early on in Chloé Zhao’s docu-fiction Nomadland, a character shows off a tattoo of a famous Morrissey famous lyric: “Home is it just a word. Or is it something you carry within you?”. It perhaps best encapsulates the recent Golden Lion winner – a film about self-discovery and finding one’s home in the world."

https://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2020/09/25/nomadland-review-dir-chloe-zhao-2020/

"“Home, is it just a word? Or is it something you carry within you?”

These Morrissey lyrics are at the heart of Chloe Zhao’s “Nomadland,” a film that follows the itinerant lives of older Americans searching the country for a living wage with their campers, vans, and trailers in tow."

I didn’t realise Home Is A Question Mark is already a classic song. It only came out 3 years ago.

I didn’t realise Home Is A Question Mark is already a classic song. It only came out 3 years ago.
Certainly not a classic to the wider public, as most people will never have heard it, but I'd say a modern classic to many fans.

Why do you come here...
Friday nights 1969
Every post you murder every line.

Trudging slowly over solo...

With all the new crimes that you are acting like a wanker.....

Solo rejected your soul
We won’t be dragged down ....
4kin slavvery gob Jack...
Give us an update on how it’s been going these days of you standing on the corner asking all who pass you by to cough, sneeze and spit into your mouth. Surely Moz will recognize your bravery.

Give us an update on how it’s been going these days of you standing on the corner asking all who pass you by to cough, sneeze and spit into your mouth. Surely Moz will recognize your bravery.
We have salved together many times
For you only , a mere glimpse into our necking.... does one wish more, retract you unused fore sink,
And only may I say...
no further please....
As the stench is now vile.
Dr chilton, I presume ...

The Butcher shall arise from his Grief ridden sweaty stricken bed.
Only to be half fed with the newly solo dick heads...

Let the man get better, so he can fling off his Christmas sweater..
Then he’ll start to write you all a letter.....
Things must get better, he’ll firstly say ...
I’ve been ill for a while,
He’ll then say ...
Anons have had their say and play..

But the Butcher is now back , and won’t take no slack grammar, from the new fools who clamber over his throne....
Carlislebaz has been keeping your throne moderately warm ...
I’ve give them all sharp frith, and warn...
I’ve also dusted you awaiting throne.... 😄😄😄

Nomadland takes place in 2011. "Home is a question mark" released in 2017... who is the prophet now?

Uncut, pure & pharmaceutical grade :yum:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom