From Morrissey to Miley Cyrus: All the people who regret working with Terry Richardson - Telegraph

From Morrissey to Miley Cyrus: All the people who regret working with Terry Richardson - The Telegraph
By Alice Vincent.

Intro:
"After being dogged by allegations of sexual assault for years, photographer Terry Richardson was dropped by Condé Nast publications, the publishing house that includes Vogue and Harper's Bazaar, on Monday. For many in the fashion industry, it's a move that couldn't have come soon enough.

But high-profile stars who have been shot by Richardson, who is known for his sexually explicit photographs, have previously spoken about their experiences of working with him. Here are the ones who regret their collaboration:"

Excerpt:

"It may have been the burgers that tipped Morrissey over the edge, but the fallout between the miserabilist, skate brand Supreme and Terry Richardson suggested that the former Smiths frontman never liked the portrait taken of him anyway.

Richardson was commissioned by Supreme to take photographs of Morrissey wearing a Supreme T-shirt for the brand in October 2015. But in February 2016, Morrissey posted on fan blog True To You apologising for the "enfeebled photograph issued this week by Supreme". The renowned vegetarian added that even before he learned that Supreme were "sponsored in part by the beef-sandwich pharaoh known as White Castle", he didn't want the image being used.

Morrissey wrote: "I considered the photograph to be fit only for a medical encyclopedia and I pleaded with Supreme not to use it."

In response, Supreme, who posted the image on billboards globally, said that the singer had been offered to return his fee, choose another image from Richardson's shoot that he did like or be shot again at Supreme's expense. He refused all three offers."

41053_supreme_tshirt.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
That picture to me looks bloody awful regardless.

Terry took one of the best pics of Morrissey ever (the b/w one with the cherub statue and the gangster suit) and easily the worst ever photo (this one) - tying with the over-retouched nephew promo pic for the new album.
Terry is a de facto satanist, if you assess his behavior only. Most of the fashion world is, obviously. Other people's suffering is delicious - to them. Yes, I'm serious. Stay away from them.

Terry took one of the best pics of Morrissey ever (the b/w one with the cherub statue and the gangster suit) and easily the worst ever photo (this one) - tying with the over-retouched nephew promo pic for the new album.
Terry is a de facto satanist, if you assess his behavior only. Most of the fashion world is, obviously. Other people's suffering is delicious - to them. Yes, I'm serious. Stay away from them.

Reading your words it seems The Devil Wears Prada is not just the title of a book. A lot of terrible things have been linked lately with the fashion world, and now it's the time of Hollywood, another glamorous world, for being questioned. Will music industry times arrive? It's not full of angels for sure.

That's NOT right, Anonymous, sorry, because Kevin Cummins says that he's taken the best photograph of Morrissey EVER. As well as taking the best photographs of other musicians. He's also said this multiple times.....

And your comments about SER are ridiculous and incorrect too.

Hazard
x.

I've been waiting for this to come up with the masses since the Harvey W story broke, and the #metoo craze hit social media. His time will be up very, very soon me thinks. He's gonna fall, and he's gonna fall hard.

He might be a very unsympathetic and horrible person by I can't say that photo of Moz is so bad.
I like it.
Compared to a lot of oither published photos of him where he looks worse. Even that recently published publicity photo that looked photo shopped was much worse.

That's NOT right, Anonymous, sorry, because Kevin Cummins says that he's taken the best photograph of Morrissey EVER. As well as taking the best photographs of other musicians. He's also said this multiple times.....

And your comments about SER are ridiculous and incorrect too.

Hazard
x.

Every time you post here, it becomes more obvious that you managed to scrape, at best, maybe two or three GCSEs. Morrissey is your idea of an "intellectual".

He might be a very unsympathetic and horrible person by I can't say that photo of Moz is so bad.
I like it.
Compared to a lot of oither published photos of him where he looks worse. Even that recently published publicity photo that looked photo shopped was much worse.
Too much lighting used in it for me :( If you know what I mean? lol

How are you doing anyway mate?

Oh, I guess I am doing fine and I am in great anticipation of "Low In High-School". I like the new song very much but doubt it will get played much at the radio and be very successful as a single.

Am I now the only one not listening to the songs that are available too much cause it just might slightly influence the listening experience to be expected when you listen to it the first time?

Just don't want to be already to familiar with the songs, even though most of them were live renditions.
Still believe me and many Moz-fans will be in for a treat! :thumb:

Oh, I guess I am doing fine and I am in great anticipation of "Low In High-School". I like the new song very much but doubt it will get played much at the radio and be very successful as a single.

Am I now the only one not listening to the songs that are available too much cause it just might slightly influence the listening experience to be expected when you listen to it the first time?

Just don't want to be already to familiar with the songs, even though most of them were live renditions.
Still believe me and many Moz-fans will be in for a treat! :thumb:
Great to hear :)

I like this single and after hearing it live, I was singing in my head "Tombs are full of fools" afterwards, so memorable for me I guess...

"Am I now the only one not listening to the songs that are available too much cause it just might slightly influence the listening experience to be expected when you listen to it the first time?" Do you mean hearing the songs live and then listening to the recorded version?

I too can't wait to hear the rest of the album. Maybe saving the best till last?

Great to hear :)

I like this single and after hearing it live, I was singing in my head "Tombs are full of fools" afterwards, so memorable for me I guess...

"Am I now the only one not listening to the songs that are available too much cause it just might slightly influence the listening experience to be expected when you listen to it the first time?" Do you mean hearing the songs live and then listening to the recorded version?

I too can't wait to hear the rest of the album. Maybe saving the best till last?

"Maybe saving the best till last?"
Yes. Exactly this. :thumb:
Just building up the anticipation and delaying the satisfaction of hearing the album as a whole.
So until I have it I am not going to listen to what's available now, here and on YouTube again. :)

"Maybe saving the best till last?"
Yes. Exactly this. :thumb:
Just building up the anticipation and delaying the satisfaction of hearing the he album as a whole.
So until I have it I am not going to listen to what's available now, here and on YouTube again. :)
Yeah, I must say, last night while awaiting the recorded version of IWYL online, I did refrain from having a quick re-cap listen of the live version. Think I will follow suit until the album release now too. Plus, given I haven't been a Smiths or Morrissey fan for that long now :oops: I am still enjoying their back catalog ATM :)

But that is wonderful!
I almost feel envious as I know for sure you will find a lot of still hidden gems and you will absolutely enjoy them! :thumb:

I've been waiting for this to come up with the masses since the Harvey W story broke, and the #metoo craze hit social media. His time will be up very, very soon me thinks. He's gonna fall, and he's gonna fall hard.

I'm glad for the victims. And I'm glad for Morrissey too, who for any reason didn't want that photography was used.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom