George Michael lets us in on a secret

Maybe he's just trying to get Morrissey's attention in an "intelligent" way since he heard he's a "humasexual" and all...

A Morrissey/Marr studio collaboration might be interesting, particularly if Morrissey rediscovered his lyrical bite, but the full band together again live? It would only be for the money, and couldn't recapture that moment in time when they were at their peak.

I fear it would be like the Pistols reunion a few years ago. A small to middling media scrum, fun for those attending, a paradise for the touts, but ultimately something that diminished the legend rather than added to it, and all the while vaguely embarrassing.

That's not to say I'm against reunions on principle. I was pleased when the Pixies got back together, not because I wanted to see them again, but because I thought they deserved the rewards that eluded them the first time around.

I went to see the Monty Python reunion a few weeks back. It was pretty cool, but left a slightly nebulous feeling of emptiness. Fun but sad. Celebratory but cynical. Good but sort of not.

JB. Kin Hell. You are not all bad. But get over Moz. He and you will never meet, find a new project to focus your many free hours upon.

I don't care what the concert ticket or plane ticket costs, I will be there.

Of course The Smiths are reforming. I believe him, he's so right!.. After the recent unpleasant controversies Morrissey delivered to fans, this is be the perfect timing; - gaining back lost fandom, be back on top, show he's nothing but goodwill, cash big time from it all at once. And then retire peacefully. A Smiths reunion is a no -brainer.

You said it alright. It doesn't take any brain thought at all, which is why this thread is strewn with moronic statements hoping for a reunion. It's a shortcut to thinking. All those pining for a smiths reunion sound like children whining for their parents to get back together while ignoring the fact they are not in love anymore. How anyone who knows how Morrissey feels about the other 3 in the band and still expect him to share a stage with them have to be completely stupid.

Last edited:
Loyal-to-the-core Moz just spent precious sentences describing how much fun he has hanging out with his band. It almost sounded like a match.com profile fun fact his feelings were so warm and fuzzy about it. George Michael is trolling us.

I cant see Morrissey ever wanting a reunoin. For one he is extremely loyal to his current band and wouldnt do it to them. The band are his friends, he clearly respects them as musicians and i truly dont believe he would see them cast aside for him to work with people he doesnt like.

Why does everyone still think Morrissey is gay and what does "wound up" mean? Is that some type of obscure Brit reference again?

George Michael is everything Morrissey should aspire to be.

You don't see George all bitter and mean, bullying people for no reason and blaming the Royal family for poor album sales.

Compared to George Michael, Morrissey looks like a right twat.

Re: George Michael lets us in on a secret...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fdFh_qgazI&list=UUIozOftCXFyXvJE1o-V_UeQ

This was just sent to me yesterday coincidentally. Not talking about his music (necessarily) but amusing none the less to hear his answer about erotic music.
(the gesture he makes from 0:12- 0:15, love it)

It is interesting just how much Morrissey's personality seems to have changed over the decades. In this clip he is almost effusive, close to chatty even. It is so much fun to see him like this rather that the ultra defensive version we have today. His interviews on the South Bank Show back in 1987 were magnificent. I really miss that dry wit.

I wonder if it was the court case that did it. The first TV interview I saw with him after the legal case was in 2004 on Ross, and I thought that was toe-curling. He's so defensive now it is sometimes hard to watch.

Most celebs tend to stay the same down the years. For example, Roger Moore has always been a gentleman, Russell Crowe has always been a prat, but Morrissey changed.

Fame seems to weigh on Morrissey these days. It really is very sad.

JB. Kin Hell. You are not all bad. But get over Moz. He and you will never meet, find a new project to focus your many free hours upon.

I've always been pretty good. You just don't like the message. When he does good stuff I say so, and when he doesn't I say so. If you can't handle contrary opinion I suggest you get up in the attic and retrieve your Etch-A-Sketch.

George Michael is everything Morrissey should aspire to be.

You don't see George all bitter and mean, bullying people for no reason and blaming the Royal family for poor album sales.

Compared to George Michael, Morrissey looks like a right twat.

A crappy artist? Nah.

Kill Uncle > all of wham!

Morrissey doesn't need the other three Smiths. He has shown with WPINOYB that he is capable of creating a great album with his current collaborators. To reform the Smiths would be a step back and a step down for Moz. This is coming from huge Smiths fan.

Btw, Wham! sucks. And George Michael is a tosser.

Do you know what a tosser is?

Loyal-to-the-core Moz just spent precious sentences describing how much fun he has hanging out with his band. It almost sounded like a match.com profile fun fact his feelings were so warm and fuzzy about it. George Michael is trolling us.

Thumbs up. I’ve said it before but I honestly don’t even want a Smiths reunion. I’d go to see it, of course :) but the set would be missing so many great solo songs.

Because he lets men put their penises inside him? Because he has a boyfriend who travels with him on tour?

And thanks him first in his book and on the album? And his boyfriend owned a company called Barberism?

Thumbs up. I’ve said it before but I honestly don’t even want a Smiths reunion. I’d go to see it, of course :) but the set would be missing so many great solo songs.

Ive said it before but the only way it works for me is if Marr joins Morrissey's current touring band and submits songs for consideration for the new Morrissey solo album. Much as he did with the Cribs (who by the way were never heard of again after Johnny joined)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom