Germany Concert Dates

Yes that's right, the audience in the ColorLine was rather lame especially compared to the Berlin crowd the day before ... which was much more like it.
I still enjoyed both concerts though.

I don't think that everybody in the north is necessarily reserved ... at The Wombats and Primal Scream, for example, people were really visibly having a terrific time. But sometimes when the audience is predominantly older you can get some very stubborn men and women who won't budge even if you are carrying drinks in the break – and are clearly trying to get back somewhere. They think they own the land they're standing on. The Paul Weller concert was like that and most of the audience seemed cast in stone. Somehow took any excitement out of the event.

I live between Kiez and Scahnze which is fine ... but work in Hammerbrook which is not quite as great :rolleyes:

So where in hamburg do you guys live -directly in the city on the "kiez" or at the other side of the elbe?

I'm not a guy but a woman and I live on the other side of the Elbe. Harburg-Wilstorf. North Italy, so to say. :)

Well you can still use the word 'guys' in this context ... certainly more than you can mention and compare Harburg-Wilstorf with North Italy at least :)

Funnily enough, last week I was in both Milan and Harburg (on different days of course).

Öhmn, no. I would not pay 80 Euros for Morrissey. 1 Euro per minute? Together with 1,600 other people? They'd cash in 1,600 Euros/minute? NO!!!
Well, after all it's a Morrissey concert! These three gigs I attend may provide some of the highlights in 2009 so I would even pay more then 80 Euros but please don't let Morrissey know that. :D

I`ve already got my Tickets for Bremen.
I was also looked for a chance to watch him in England, but it looks like the concerts are already sold out or it would be an expensive trip (e.g.London).

@ the guys from northern Germany:
War seit übern nem Jahr nicht hier.
Super, daß so viele aus dem Großraum Hamburg hier sind.
Vielleicht trifft man sich ja mal auf nem Konzert oder nur mal so zum Spaß. :)

ich habe ein paar jahre in flensburg gewohnt und habe 7 leute innerhalb dieser zeit audf dr strasse gesehen /kennengelernt die entweder smiths/morrissey shirts trugen oder sonst wie als smiths fan aufielen wernn man die grösse flensburg bedenkt ist das schon überraschend..die meisten kannte ich nicht und sind mir auf der strasse begegnet
habe auch vorteile aus meinem moz fantum gezogen: unter anderem die neuauflage von quarry bekommen(mit cd extra) und gegen die alte quarry umgetauscht obwohl die umtauschfrist schon lange vorbei war , weil der VK (eine dieser grossmärkte übrigens, kein kleiner plattenladen) ein morrissey fan war und wenns nicht der moz gewesen wär hätter es nicht gemacht...tja..glück muss der mensch haben:D:p;)
am meinem ersten tag in hamburg wo ich seit frühjahr wohne, bin ich zur post gegangen bin hat mich gleich eintyp auf mein smiths shirt angesprochen...ich sage dir es wimmelt von moz fans hier im norden

Last edited:
I`ve already got my Tickets for Bremen.
I was also looked for a chance to watch him in England, but it looks like the concerts are already sold out or it would be an expensive trip (e.g.London).

Actually, it's quite inexpensive right now to go to London at the current exchange rate!
Tickets are still available for Troxy and all the Brixton dates.
If you book a flight and prepaid hotelroom, it's a lot cheaper than it was 1-2 years ago.
Most hotels have cheap weekendrates too.

:as for travelling to london or manchester
oh and its not that expensive if you stay in hostels in london instead of hotels
hostel bed priceswhich goes as low than 10,15 pound..you can look up the rating on h hostelsites to find a good one
if you dont catch a cheap flight take the bus to london (like i do.i pay 130 euro for it hin und rückfahrt included)
instead of eating out shop at sainsburys e tc etc
if youz need to travel from london to another city like manchester take the bus or train to it from london starting and you can get by by only playing 10,20 pound

Last edited:
@ Jose:
It probably depends on the definition of "cheap" and "expensive".
I have already made some thoughts about Brixton.
But if you are only travelling for the concert, in the relation I found it expensive.
Even, if I would sleep in a 8-bed-room, I would come about 150 Euro without Eating and drinking (which ,as you know, is also expensive in London).
If you`re staying some more days, you can look at it from a different point of view.
But London isn`t the place, I have to stay.
I have already been there and I like cities like Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds or York much more than London.
So, maybe you have got a different opinion to it.

@sistasheila:
Die Male, wo ich in Flensburg war (meist im "Speicher"), war es mir nicht vergönnt einen Gleichgesinnten zu treffen.
Wohne schon mein ganzes Leben in Lübeck und habe auch hier noch niemanden in Smiths- oder Moz-Sachen gesehen.
Wurde auch erst ein einziges Mal hier in Lübeck beim Shirt-Tragen angesprochen und das ins ziemlich seltsamer Weise ("Smiths? Boah, das ja echt oldschool." :rolleyes:)
In Hamburg ist es aufgrund der größeren Massen bestimmt etwas einfacher.
Wir haben hier auch ne Disco, wo ein englischer DJ auflegt.
Das erste Mal, wo ich ihn erlebt hab, hat er unglaubliche gute Sachen aufgelegt: Morrissey, Smiths, The Jam, Joy Division, The Cure etc. durchgehend. Bestimmt pro Std. mindestens ein Lied von Moz/Smiths.
Ein paar Wochen später als ich da war, legte er nur neumodische Sachen a la Franz Ferdinand, Killers etc. auf. Als ich ich ihn fragte, warum er so anders auflegt, sagte er, daß er halt Ärger mit seinem Chef kriegt, wenn auf seinem Floor nichts los ist und ich ja damals auch fast der einzige auf der Tanzfläche gewesen sei.
Also ich merke hier leider wenig von einer Morrissey-Hochburg ;)

Last edited:
Wieviel Konzerte braucht man wohl, bis einem Morrissey auf einer Tour zu den Ohren rauskommt?

Da müßte man mal die berühmt, berüchtigte Julia fragen. :)
Mich würde weniger Morrissey als das ständige Herumfahren und Warten in der Schlange bzw. in der Halle nerven.

I rather go to six of his concerts for 40 Euros. :D
How will you go to Bremen? By car?

Wenn die Wahl hätte, würde ich das auch vorziehen.
Vermutlich werde ich dieses Mal wohl mit dem Auto unterwegs sein, auf der 99er Tour bin ich mit der Bahn nach Bremen und Hamburg gefahren und habe im Etap-Hotel geschlafen.

wie heisst denn der club

"Parkhaus" heißt der Laden.

@ Silke: In England kann ich die "National Express" - Busse sehr empfehlen.
Damit kommt man von fast jeder größeren Stadt zu fast jeder größeren Stadt. Die Busse sind sauber und haben eine Toilette. Sie fahren mindestens stündlich in die jeweilige Zielrichtung. Umsteigen muss man i.d.R. auch nicht.
Eine Tour von London nach Manchester inklusive Rückfahrt bekommt man so schon für insgesamt knapp 30 Euro. Die Preise hängen u.a. davon ab, wie flexibel du sein willst. Wenn du feste Busse buchst (also wenn du die Uhrzeiten zu denen du fahren willst, schon genau weisst), ist es billiger. Wenn du flexibel sein willst, kannst du dir eine Art Blanko-Ticket kaufen, mit dem du zu jeder beliebigen Uhrzeit die Reisen antreten kannst. Das ist dann allerdings doch um einiges teurer.
Mit Zugfahren hab ich auch sehr gute Erfahrunen gemacht. Preislich würd ich es in etwa mit der deutschen Regionalbahn gleichsetzen, mit dem Unterscheid, daß du dort zu jeder beliebigen Zeit mit jedem Zug deiner Wahl fahren kannst (also auch Schnellzügen mit ICE-Komfort). Zudem fahren die Züge sehr viel häufiger als in Deutschland.
Also was öffentliche Fern-Verkehrsmittel anbetrifft, ist England echt traumhaft.

Last edited:
"
@ Silke: In England kann ich die "National Express" - Busse sehr empfehlen.
Damit kommt man von fast jeder größeren Stadt zu fast jeder größeren Stadt. Die Busse sind sauber und haben eine Toilette. Sie fahren mindestens stündlich in die jeweilige Zielrichtung. Umsteigen muss man i.d.R. auch nicht.
Eine Tour von London nach Manchester inklusive Rückfahrt bekommt man so schon für insgesamt knapp 30 Euro. Die Preise hängen u.a. davon ab, wie flexibel du sein willst. Wenn du feste Busse buchst (also wenn du die Uhrzeiten zu denen du fahren willst, schon genau weisst), ist es billiger. Wenn du flexibel sein willst, kannst du dir eine Art Blanko-Ticket kaufen, mit dem du zu jeder beliebigen Uhrzeit die Reisen antreten kannst. Das ist dann allerdings doch um einiges teurer.Mit Zugfahren hab ich auch sehr gute Erfahrunen gemacht. Preislich würd ich es in etwa mit der deutschen Regionalbahn gleichsetzen, mit dem Unterscheid, daß du dort zu jeder beliebigen Zeit mit jedem Zug deiner Wahl fahren kannst (also auch Schnellzügen mit ICE-Komfort). Zudem fahren die Züge sehr viel häufiger als in Deutschland.
Also was öffentliche Fern-Verkehrsmittel anbetrifft, ist England echt traumhaft.
ich muss noch was hinzufügen es gibt dort ein busfirma namens megabus wo ich für ca. 10 pfund von london nach edinburgh gefahren bin, megabus schlägt preislich die Na. EX busse..megabus nur online ticket kaufen www.megabus.co.uk
mit den zügen ist es wie folgt..wenn du das ticket ein paar tage früher in advance kaufst sparst du sehr viel (ich habe galube ich ca.die hälfte bezahlt als wie wenn ich am gleichen tag die karte gekauft hätte and dem ich auch sofort losfahren würde
das war als ich von london nach edinburgh gefahren bin (war glaub ich National express zug)
zurück habe ich den megabus genommen der länger dauerte aber eben günstiger war

die preise für den ÖV sind in der tat besser dort...

Last edited:
As far as I remember the Capitol in Offenbach has a standing capacity of 1,600. I don't know how many seats there are upstairs. Offenbach could be sold out by now, but it is not. Maybe people don't know that it is right next to Frankfurt?
According to Wikipedia the Capitol has a capacity of 1800 so you were quite right about this. Please consider that there has been no promotion at all for these concerts, by the time YoR is released all gigs should be sold out.

Oh, thank you very much for all this info. :)

I just wondered why the concerts in Germany have not sold out yet.
And while I am ill and of no use for much else I checked the websites of the Berlin and Cologne venue.

The Columbiahalle has a capacity of 3,500.
And the Palladium has a capacity of 4,000.

As far as I remember the Capitol in Offenbach has a standing capacity of 1,600. I don't know how many seats there are upstairs. Offenbach could be sold out by now, but it is not. Maybe people don't know that it is right next to Frankfurt?

i want the one i can't have..,yet...:)..
have to wait for the 01. of january..
when i will get more money..:eek:..
and then i will come Offenbach..
but it's the same..the same again..
you always have a chance to get a moz ticket here in germany..
they're never sold out that quick..:(
i bet i could even get a ticket in spring..
but otherwise it's positive..good for me..
poor, poor student:rolleyes::D

anyone else going to offenbach or cologne??:)

I just wondered why the concerts in Germany have not sold out yet.

I think that right now there are simply too many concerts coming up in 2009 which could arguably compete with Moz.
Oasis, Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, Babyshambles and Depeche Mode, to name but a few are all not sold out yet in Hamburg. And what with Xmas coming up people are being a bit more careful.

Interestingly the only 'bigger' act loosely in this genre to sell out recently was Farin Urlaub.
Well he did write a song about The Smiths.

Tags
germany
Back
Top Bottom