God grant M long & healthy life. You predecease him. How much would you spend for plot next to his?

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
Assume that before you go, you are offered the opportunity to purchase the plot next to his. And you want it. In fact, there is actually a bidding war in this scenario. Moz lounges at the restored Coco Palms Resort in Kauaʻi. By contrast, your days are sadly numbered. Assume further that the most basic plot at Hollywood Forever Cemetry [sic] is $10,000. You DO NOT have an unlimited supply of money. How much would you spend? And if you got it, would you alter your tombstone so that everyone knew your were a Smiths/Moz fan?

And even if you did not get it, even if you were 5,281 miles away, do you plan to put something on your tombstone such as a lyric, etc., from his works?

Re: God grant M long & healthy life. You predecease him. How much would you spend for plot next to h

$50,000

And my tombstone would read:

First Middle Last (names)
Date of Birth - Date of Death
There is a light that never goes out...

Re: God grant M long & healthy life. You predecease him. How much would you spend for plot next to h

If I can't have you in life I'll have you in death!

Not arsed where mine is as long as it's somewhere me kids can go if they need to.

well, to be honest, the only part of my death I am concerned with is the musical selection at the funeral :cool:

I wouldn't give anything. What happens to my corpse after I'm dead makes no difference to me. All I care about is that whatever is done has the least impact on the future world—so, no burial, no casket, no urn, no tombstone, etc. Preferably no funeral, either, but I guess that's up to the living.

yes, I've been drinking, its my "3 week crazy time" it ends in a few days, thankfully

I wouldn't give anything. What happens to my corpse after I'm dead makes no difference to me. All I care about is that whatever is done has the least impact on the future world—so, no burial, no casket, no urn, no tombstone, etc. Preferably no funeral, either, but I guess that's up to the living.

oh you don't know what you are missing, well, denying others in your absence I guess :o
funerals are great in their way, not only for the whole closure thing and all that, because I don't know if I really believe that happens for some of us who feel as deeply about things, people, ideas as we do :crazy:
but funerals also often can show you a side of a lot of people that you would never otherwise see :straightface:
especially people from North American or North European "backgrounds" its amazing when so many of people's walls come down...

Re: yes, I've been drinking, its my "3 week crazy time" it ends in a few days, thankfully

me vs. me

:flamethrow:

f*** this thread. Sickening. That's why it's in the Pigsty. :crazy:

Re: yes, I've been drinking, its my "3 week crazy time" it ends in a few days, thankfully

oh you don't know what you are missing, well, denying others in your absence I guess :o
funerals are great in their way, not only for the whole closure thing and all that, because I don't know if I really believe that happens for some of us who feel as deeply about things, people, ideas as we do :crazy:

Well, that's why I said I'd leave the funeral part up to the living. ;)

Really though, if I'm dead, what do I care? I truly do not. I won't be leaving any children behind, so it's not something I think about much. But hey, I don't even like to celebrate my own birthday, so I guess it's fitting that I wouldn't want my death to be made into a ceremony either.

Well, that's why I said I'd leave the funeral part up to the living. ;)

Really though, if I'm dead, what do I care? I truly do not. I won't be leaving any children behind, so it's not something I think about much. But hey, I don't even like to celebrate my own birthday, so I guess it's fitting that I wouldn't want my death to be made into a ceremony either.

Neither do I. So we can both NOT celebrate ours tomorrow. :)

well, to be honest, the only part of my death I am concerned with is the musical selection at the funeral :cool:

This would be mine too but alas, I care nothing about what happens to me when I'm dead and gone. The only real concern is for my record collection. That shit keeps me up at night!

Those closest to me know I would HATE a funeral or ceremony of any kind. I mean, if you truly want to torture me in the afterlife have at it ... sigh.

Birthdays make me cringe as well. Except when there is vegan cake!! Haha.

HAH. I feel the same way about my birthday, but my coworkers "surprise" me with a really good cake every year...and I happily blow out the candles and shove it in my mouth. :D

nice, high five for awesome coworkers! vegan cake makes me do things I wouldn't normally do! heheh. definitely helps make birthdays slightly more tolerable. annoyingly, i have one coming up in a few weeks ...

goddamn, i love this man!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom