Grado - Diga Nazario Sauro (July 13, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Black Cloud / Scandinavia / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Let Me Kiss You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Action Is My Middle Name / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Speedway / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Meat Is Murder / Maladjusted / Still Ill / I Will See You In Far Off Places // I Know It's Over

set list provided by aliceasr, scan from robertokop.

Last edited:
Are these negative over-the-top reactions to a correction part of the problem or part of the solution to the perceived 'negativity' of the site? Personally I say go ahead and let your feelings be known. Just don't get in the way of the actual topic.

The shots are fired when the crime is committed. So they will inevitably in some way get in the way of topics. I actually think that foolishly we believe it will one day sink in. Alas we may be banging our heads against brick walls? To Kewpies defence, I don't think that the finger pointing on this website ala negativity is about her, but instead aimed at a small handful of wankers who seem to have taken up squatters rights here over the last couple of years. All the good folk have gone.

The setting was wonderful, but I found Morrissey extremely tired and without energy. He barely managed to sing the concert through without loosing his voice. Boz and the other musicians were not really giving their souls into the performance, as they weren't at the gig I attended in Vienna, with the difference that morrissey really gave his best back then. I think he should loosen the schedule and take a few weeks off before continuing with the tour. Of course this is not possible, but the fact that he is visibly exhausted made the whole concert less enjoyable. Still amazed by all the people who want to look like morrissey. it seemed like a dopplegangers competition. To sum up: loved it in vienna, didn't enjoy it much today.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe you didn't enjoy it was because you've seen him too often too recently? I'm a a serious Morrissey fan and have been since 1988 but I can't understand why you would go to see him every night for basically the same concert. What a waste of money and time. There is something frantic about that kind of mindless fanaticism. You will just make something extraordinary into something mundane and common.

WHY does every single thread end up with everybody abusing each other? This site has become a cesspit. I JUST want to read concert reviews, like the old days. We need a new world.

Milo

Kewpie - you stupid, pathetic, pedantic f***ing oxygen thief. You really have no self awareness as to how much you drag this website and many of its users down.

Jukebox Jury

Self awareness? coming from a man in his late 40's who still obsesses over getting banned from a website?

Aliceasr said: Morrissey in great great form after the day of rest.
kosovirkka said: I found Morrissey extremely tired and without energy

So, was he great o was tired? Both? It seems to be hard to see the same about Mozz XD
Cheers!

Are these negative over-the-top reactions to a correction part of the problem or part of the solution to the perceived 'negativity' of the site? Personally I say go ahead and let your feelings be known. Just don't get in the way of the actual topic.

Well if everyone just sits back and ignores these needless ''corrections'' (it didn't even need correcting, I and others have stated that we knew fully what it meant) then it just gives Kewpie the green light to continue marking each post made like a teacher. Of all the people on this site to attempt to correct anyone, Kewpie should be the last on the list.

I hope you have also mentioned to Kewpie that ''go ahead and correct someone, but just dont get in the way of the actual topic''. Her ''correction'' and comment was so unnecessary and as a result has detracted from the actual toipc. Without her comment, this comment would not be here. Now that's a fact!

I'm all for correcting errors made such as factual errors but Grammar Nazi's and pedants who spend their day nit picking at every word I have no time for.
If enough people make a fuss against this kind of moderating, maybe someone will take a look at the bigger picture and act accordingly. But I'm not holding my breath....

JJ

about the person mentioned, I just [after some forum issues years ago and
see her banning the long time devoted solo'ers , who deserved more than
she ever put on this website like DL bootlegs, organising events, etc.]
to ignore her, and it the best thing to do..not like this above which give her more
reasons to try to delete posts from you, even you're so brave to put yer name under
anon post.

Ignore her...it works for me

enjoy the gig in Manchester [if you go, that counts for Edinbrough too]

Thanks Celibate
I always put my name to posts I make as i stand by everyone of them.
I bite my lip a lot when reading her regular patronising and condescending comments. But every now and then (and usually after a few beers :thumb: ) I just can't sit back and say nothing.
I won't be at the Manchester or Edinburgh gigs!

JJ

Self awareness? coming from a man in his late 40's who still obsesses over getting banned from a website?

I'm not banned though.... I'm here, so have no issue with that. And at least I'm self aware enough to put my name to the comment.

JJ

After watching those concert videos, how the hell can anyone defend Jesse Tobias on guitar?

The guy is atrocious.

I've seen Jesse twice with Moz. The first show I thought he was shockingly bad but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. The second time I saw him confirmed my assessment. Jesse is an ill-fit to cover the Smiths stuff and early Morrissey solo works. You end up watching/listening and wondering "What the hell is he doing?"

Why does Jesse Tobias get such a free pass around here? This is something all Morrissey fans should be concerned with.

Moz's music would be infinitely better if someone else was playing guitar (I won't even get into songwriting).

Did you ever stop to think that maybe you didn't enjoy it was because you've seen him too often too recently? I'm a a serious Morrissey fan and have been since 1988 but I can't understand why you would go to see him every night for basically the same concert. What a waste of money and time. There is something frantic about that kind of mindless fanaticism. You will just make something extraordinary into something mundane and common.

well the concert in vienna was over a year ago. I decided to go to this gig in Grado because it is close to where I live. I didn't enjoy the concert because he seemed too tired and really had no energy to transmit. this is the only reason. in vienna morrissey was full of energy and even ?playful?, but yesterday it was different. I believe he had too many concerts in a row, this was practically his 4th concert in a row, don't wanna know what's to come. this is a schedule too fit for a young man,let alone a 50 year-old.

After watching those concert videos, how the hell can anyone defend Jesse Tobias on guitar?

The guy is atrocious.

I've seen Jesse twice with Moz. The first show I thought he was shockingly bad but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. The second time I saw him confirmed my assessment. Jesse is an ill-fit to cover the Smiths stuff and early Morrissey solo works. You end up watching/listening and wondering "What the hell is he doing?"

Why does Jesse Tobias get such a free pass around here? This is something all Morrissey fans should be concerned with.

Moz's music would be infinitely better if someone else was playing guitar (I won't even get into songwriting).

I've finished watching a couple of these but I just don't see the supposedly atrocious bits from Jesse. I thought "Speedway" in particular was fine...

Rhanks for posting these, Morrizsey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom