Greatest Morrissey live show

Was at a couple of these (Blackpool 2004 and Dublin 2014) and at the Manchester birthday ones but Royal Albert Hall Night One 2002 or London Palladium 2018 are probably my favourites.
Would second 1st night RAH, 2002 - it's up there on my list.
The atmosphere was excellent (night 2 was not quite the same).
Regards,
FWD.

Too many to mention. Blackburn KGH in 2002 was superb. I think There Is A Light is the one used on that C4 documentary?

Either way, opening with I Want the One... priceless

August 9, 2002, Phoenix. I shook Morrissey's hand twice and I heard "I Want the One I Can't Have", Please, Please..." and "There is a Light That Never Goes Out." It was the first time he played "There is a Light That Never Goes Out" and it was dedicated to Elvis. Oh, and as he took the stage he said "Good Evening Wichita."

I'll always be partial to the shows I saw 1997 - 2002. I just loved everything about that era.

I'll also give a particular nod to Sunday October 28, 2007, Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City:

Set List:
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Billy Budd / Interesting Drug / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Just Want To See The Boy Happy / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / Human Being / I Like You / Jack The Ripper / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself? / Stretch Out And Wait / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Good Looking Man About Town / Sister, I'm A Poet / Death Of A Disco Dancer / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You Have Killed Me / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / How Soon Is Now? // First Of The Gang To Die

I've only been to one Morrissey concert. It was in Vancouver, and I'm guessing the year was 93. He kept licking his palms after touching people's hands. I marveled at how muscular his thighs were. I guess I'd expected to see a waif. The concert passed like a dream, except for a few moments when he sang Now My Heart is Full, when he placed his foot on an amp, his chest swelled and he seemed to be looking right at me.

I'll always be partial to the shows I saw 1997 - 2002. I just loved everything about that era.

I'll also give a particular nod to Sunday October 28, 2007, Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City:

Set List:
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Billy Budd / Interesting Drug / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Just Want To See The Boy Happy / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / Human Being / I Like You / Jack The Ripper / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself? / Stretch Out And Wait / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Good Looking Man About Town / Sister, I'm A Poet / Death Of A Disco Dancer / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You Have Killed Me / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / How Soon Is Now? // First Of The Gang To Die
What a set list 🙄
The exception being Paris 🤷🏻‍♂️

At the time, Paris was an unreleased new song (a fairly catchy one, at that) and hadn't been overplayed into oblivion.
Yes indeed I remember Paris being promoted, released, then going on to be a hit..
It was all down hill from then 😞
As it was played to death

the barras is probably the only venue with its own serial killer,bible john used to go there in the sixties,meet someone then kill them later.

I wish I had gone to the one at Wolverhampton in 1988, whereby anybody who was wearing a Smiths t-shirt was granted free entry after lining up outside the hall for nearly three days. The video clip for his song "Sister I'm A Poet" was filmed there. It was hilarious to see all the stage invasions and Moz constantly getting mobbed and knocked over by over enthusiastic fans, and at one point even shoving one of them off him into the audience. At another gig he once said "Could I please say a few miserable words? If all of you just kept off the stage for a while, we'd be able to play better!"

Bradford 2002 Had my flag there Bootle bruisers
Despite the fact you’ve never lived a day in Bootle. YSB.

Anyhoo
Buenos Aires 04
Guadalajara 06
Cambridge 95
Birmingham (AL) 07
Oakland 09
Sao Paolo 15
Rio 18
Manc 22/05/09
Hammersmith 15 (Mon night)

Too many to mention but the above for personal reasons

92, best band, best shows, M at his peak.

:cool:

Bradford 2002 Had my flag there Bootle bruisers
:)

DF , FYI you can post imaginary shows as having attended all shows
are fair game, you can claim to have attended shows anywhere even at
the south american 'swamps'.o_O
thats how it works here im this forumo_O

never saw any swamps in real SA, but must have them in imaginary SA. :hammer:

Back
Top Bottom