Greenvale, NY - Tilles Center for the Performing Arts (Jan. 9, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Still Ill / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Action Is My Middle Name / I Know It's Over / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Meat Is Murder / To Give (The Reason I Live) / November Spawned A Monster / Sweet And Tender Hooligan / Let Me Kiss You // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Amsden

Image posted by Taterx (original post):

greenvale.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Greenvale, NY - Tilles Center for the Performing Arts (Jan. 9, 2013) pos

Agreed. As I said in my post, I'm vegetarian, so I respect his views, but I don't like the preachiness of it. I don't do it to people, I don't like it done to me. And that's with ANYTHING. But he had a great groove going up to that point and just killed it with this. Like you said, in the amount of time it took him to do that song, they could've fit three more amazing ones in the set.

Another perfect example of this, I saw Elton John a couple years back at Madison Square Garden, and he brought up Leon Russell on stage, halfway through the show because they had recently done an album together. Ok, great, expose your new material. They played about the whole DAMN ALBUM, and not that they weren't great songs, but in the middle of a great show like that, it just killed the audience's mood making us sit through a bunch of songs nobody knew. Again, 2 or 3 is acceptable. A whole album's worth? zzzzzzz...... Not to mention poor Leon Russell looks like Father Time and moved like him to get to and from his keyboard to play.

Glad I wasn't the only one offended and bored by MIM. I left right after and I noticed that the very enthusiastic standing and jumping crowd, sat down and didn't get up again during that episode.

Re: Article: Greenvale, NY - Tilles Center for the Performing Arts (Jan. 9, 2013) pos

View attachment 14722
That girl was me! He was absolutely lovely to me and even helped me get on the stage. I think he really appreciates when people are polite in their approach and don't freak out on him and attempt to harm him out of enthusiasm. :/

I think part of the reasons the guards were so brutal,besides the twats doing things like grabbing his neck,was because it was an unchecked show and anyone could've had all kinds of dangerous items in their bags and pockets and such. I still really didn't like how they put people in chokeholds just for trying to have some brief contact. D:

All that aside,AMAZING show. Mozza talked to the audience and put on a lovely performance. I was particularly fond of the song choices and Alma Matters was an awesome moment. Can't wait to see him again the 19th <3

excuse me but....were you dressed as a nazi? that would be highly offensive.
i don't like to post on this site but i would like to know why you dressed as a nazi.

excuse me but....were you dressed as a nazi? that would be highly offensive.
i don't like to post on this site but i would like to know why you dressed as a nazi.
I was not dressed as a Nazi at all
p0LwG.jpg

It was a promotional item for Nick Kushner, it advertised his site http://nachtkabarett.com/ and http://thethirdangelsounded.com/
Thus the NK.
Quite sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

For all the whiners who were offended by MIM, I say GOOD. If it bothers you to watch what happens when the food you eat is prepared, then perhaps you shouldn't eat it. I can watch people picking spinach all day and it doesn't bother me one bit.

I was not dressed as a Nazi at all! I'm part Jewish,actually. Morrissey and anyone that could see it in real life wasn't offended by my outfit :p
Nazis did not wear gothic coats and put pink highlights in their hair,ahahaha. This is what my armband was
p0LwG.jpg

It's a promotional item for my good friend Nick Kushner,it advertises his site http://nachtkabarett.com/ and http://thethirdangelsounded.com/
Thus the NK :)
Quite sorry for the confusion!

oh. sorry. i thought goth until i saw a couple of the comments posted on here asking why you were dressed as a nazi, and i don't think they meant NAZI nazi. i think they meant like how some skinhead/neo-nazis like to dress nowadays.

I was not dressed as a Nazi at all! I'm part Jewish,actually. Morrissey and anyone that could see it in real life wasn't offended by my outfit :p
Nazis did not wear gothic coats and put pink highlights in their hair,ahahaha. This is what my armband was
p0LwG.jpg

It's a promotional item for my good friend Nick Kushner,it advertises his site http://nachtkabarett.com/ and http://thethirdangelsounded.com/

Don't worry only morons thought you looked like a nazi. Cute outfit btw.

- marred.

p0LwG.jpg

I'll be honest, from our seats the arm band DID look like it had a swastika on it, very relieved to see it's not lol

I was the one with the crutches up front that Morrissey shook. What a great show wednesday! Tonight was great at BAM too.. after action is my middle name he was belting them out!! Back to back... I was in the crowd singing every word! Can't wait till tonight in Atlantic city!

I was the one with the crutches up front that Morrissey shook. What a great show wednesday! Tonight was great at BAM too.. after action is my middle name he was belting them out!! Back to back... I was in the crowd singing every word! Can't wait till tonight in Atlantic city!

Morrissey shook your crutch? :lbf:

is Moz wearing a cross around his neck nowadays?

Saw Moz in Brisbane, Australia was awesome concert

I am always SO LATE posting videos but here's mine of Alma Matters! :DDDD

Last edited by a moderator:

... ANYTHING besides Meat is Murder.
Come on Morrissey! Brooklyn tomorrow! A lot of vegans live there, so you'll be preaching to the choir anyway. Replace the slogging death march that takes up 10% of your bloody setlist, with something that energizes the crowd and brings a great night into a thrilling homestretch. Politics and music work as a one-off, for a benefit, but not as a staple all tour long.

Yes it's ALL about you having a great night. Let's all strive to make sure that harsh realities don't get expressed in art and just look the other way. Strive to be a perfect tool who just wants to be manipulated with the modern opiates of the masses. Are you a member of the millennial generation by any chance?

Yes it's ALL about you having a great night. Let's all strive to make sure that harsh realities don't get expressed in art and just look the other way. Strive to be a perfect tool who just wants to be manipulated with the modern opiates of the masses. Are you a member of the millennial generation by any chance?

I'm not saying we should ignore the plight of animal abuse....I know myself and I'm sure most of his fans are vegetarian or vegan because they DON'T support that horror, BUT do we need it at our concerts? And like someone already said in this thread, the song itself sucks anyway. Long, plodding, boring. He could fit other songs in. Yes it IS all about having a great night. I go to a concert to be entertained. If I want to be educated, or learn about a thought provoking topic, I'd go to a seminar, rally or other event for that stuff. I hate when ANY entertainer has to bring their personal political bullshit along with them. Sing your f***ing songs, act your f***ing roles. ENTERTAIN ME!!

iF she was dressed as a Nazi, so fukin what thats her business, but she wasnt!

you are an idiot.

as far as this girl not dressing like a nazi. well, the whole goth-fascist get people mad/grab attention thing died in the 80s for a reason...

she got game

@thetheaster
Shout out to the girl who jumped on stage at the Morrissey concert &tried to make out with him.You my friend are nuts& that's coming from me

:straightface:

Forget about the haters there are no color boundaries when it comes to Morrissey fans i thought we were all on this together this sounds like a case of "We hate it when our friends become successful".

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom