Hand in Glove- The Smiths Indeed (Short Documentary video) - Buzz TV

The Smiths Indeed were formed in Liverpool in 2005, after a deceptively placed advertisement caught the eye of an ambitious aficionado. The band consists of Smiths devotees and outstanding musicians. Their trump card is a singer with uncannily similar vocal chords to Morrissey's. In a relatively short space of time, The Smiths Indeed have emerged as a fantastic live act, aiming to capture the essence of a mid-1980s Smiths concert.

Take a look at Buzz TV's short documentary on The Smiths Indeed and watch them go behind the scenes and talk to Jurgen Wendelen, aka one of the best Morrissey tribute artists around.

Here's the link:

Enjoy!

what a tremendous dissapointment to have the lead up describe him as "one of the best Morrissey tribute artists around" and then not actually have a single second of the video dedicated to him singing a bloody note.

I saw them at a charity event in my local club and they were excellent,did a great I know its over.

You would think the ''Stars In Your Eyes'' theatrics would end with the stage, but the frontman even tries to gesture/posture/talk like Moz...

More than a little bit embarrassing

I reckon is this the famous Liver Pool accent? I reckon this boke sounds like he is speaking martian. Is he a Nazi or British?

I reckon is this the famous Liver Pool accent? I reckon this boke sounds like he is speaking martian. Is he a Nazi or British?

Nah, he's just a Scouser.
By the way, just to satisfy my curiosity, is their a Malibu accent?

I reckon I don't know, ask the mayor of Malibu.... Steve Morrissey, or you can ask John Lydon or Dave Evans.

Thanks for posting . Well made and I do like the reasoning the lead singer gives for being in the band . Nothing wrong with tribute bands trying to keep The Smiths alive ! I'll have to go online to see how they sound .

In fact he is Belgian. How good is your flemish?

Not to good, although the Dutch and the Flemish people can understand eachothers language quite good.
Didn't know he was Flemish.

I really like the Scouse accent as I heard it in the intro of The imperfect List from Who Put The M In Manchester?

As far as I know the only time it was used as an intro again during a live concert of Moz was the day the ladyspeaker died and Moz did the intro in Tilburg in the 013 venue in Holland.
I was there and it was appropriate and brilliant.
I don't know her full name anymore. It was Josie something.

Moz seemed to think it was a venue specifically built for classical music although he had played there more than once.
Maybe because it had been given a make over.

He started the introduction by saying we, the audience should not be worried because they were all classically trained. :D
He said it with a low voice, with a certain authority in it and it appeared convincing and funny.
I like it when he does that.

It's an attitude, the flamboyance it shows is so naturally and a part of his attraction. He is a charmer by nature when it comes to communicating with his audience.
Cheers

Last edited:
Not to good, although the Dutch and the Flemish people can understand eachothers language quite good.
Didn't know he was Flemish.

Uhm, I'm Flemish and there's a reason why Dutch and Flemish people can understand each other quite well and that's because we speak the same language. It never seizes to amaze me how many British people are still oblivious to the fact that Flemish people speak Dutch. There's no such language as Flemish and the first Flemish dictionary has yet to be published. When people speak of "Flemish" they mean Dutch with a Flemish accent. I rest my case.

PS: 60% of the Belgian people speak Flemish, uhm, Dutch :) Another common misconception is that most Belgians speak French, whereas in reality only 40% are French-speaking.

Uhm, I'm Flemish and there's a reason why Dutch and Flemish people can understand each other quite well and that's because we speak the same language. It never seizes to amaze me how many British people are still oblivious to the fact that Flemish people speak Dutch. There's no such language as Flemish and the first Flemish dictionary has yet to be published. When people speak of "Flemish" they mean Dutch with a Flemish accent. I rest my case.

PS: 60% of the Belgian people speak Flemish, uhm, Dutch :) Another common misconception is that most Belgians speak French, whereas in reality only 40% are French-speaking.

You are 100% correct.
If I would say it is like the same with the comparison between the English language and Irish or Scottish would I insult anyone? I hope not. I reckon Gaelic IS a language on it's own. And, such a beautiful one, by the sound of it.

I just like all the various accents of languages as I appreciate the value of diversity without losing basic communication.

I love the Scouse accent.
Some 10 years ago I worked for an ICT dept of a global company as a helpdesk employee.
I had daily phone contacts with similar employees in Sunderland.
Some of them spoke with a very Geordie-like accent.
I couldn't understand them at first. It really took some time to do so.
But I liked that accent too!

It amazes me every time how all these accents can express the emotional connotations attached to that language.
Languages and their accents are so rich and valuable and so are the possibilities to express.

Regarding The Smiths Indeed, they sound like a good coverband and some of the similarities are remarkable but I don't like cover bands. It is copying and when done I immediately feel the need to listen to the original. With all respect.
Cheers

Last edited:
I'm sure them not playing a song has something to do with royalties or copyrights... I just kept thinking that the singer needs to trim his eye brows :(

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom