Have you forgotten, Robby? I didn't.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Re:

Hi Charles, Do you really think it doesn't matter?
For myself I believe the language we use is critical. The idea of moderating the words we use with compassion and respect for others is the civilised way.
When I was young, ghastly and offensive words for various minorities were common place. No more.
I see this as progress.
Don't you?

I don't use words like f***** or coon Peter - apart from just there, you know what I mean. Those are words which carry certain connotations. Saying that, I have used various words for "homosexual" to gay friends but in a way that couldn't be construed as offensive in that company.

A swear word is a swear word though, they can be used humorously, angrily or any way you like. I don't find them offensive and I can't understand it when people do. I've been places where someone has said c*** and it's the whole world fell in. I found the outrage pretty funny.

Re:

I don't use words like f***** or coon Peter - apart from just there, you know what I mean. Those are words which carry certain connotations. Saying that, I have used various words for "homosexual" to gay friends but in a way that couldn't be construed as offensive in that company.

A swear word is a swear word though, they can be used humorously, angrily or any way you like. I don't find them offensive and I can't understand it when people do. I've been places where someone has said c*** and it's the whole world fell in. I found the outrage pretty funny.
Well there we go Charles; we say something, discuss and find out that we don't disagree at all.
It's just that the 'C' word can be seen as offensive to women. In the company I keep I don't use it (well not alot).

Back
Top Bottom