Question Have you met Steven?

A

Anonymous

I ran into him at Woolworths back in 1984. Seemed like a nice fella but he hissed at me when he saw me staring... No wonder he wrote Shoplifters of the World, if you know what I mean!

Once, in a Chinese restaurant, he seemed to come in with two compact old men, take a chair and place it beside the booth next to my booth (where I sat with a guy who was buying me dinner), while the old men sat in their booth talking to each other and ignoring Steven. I was afraid of offending the guy who was buying me dinner, so I didn't engage with who I think was indeed Steven. Stupid me.

I bumped into him in Glasgow once in 1995. He spat on me and started crying 😅😅

saw him in stretford a while back, told me to f*** off, a bit rude tbf

once i was at a circus and by chance volunteers had me in one of those box tricks where they cut you in half and moz was the one that cut me in half. it was a great old time and i'm fairly certain that's what inspired the song half a person

Kind of. Back in the days when he used to live in LA, I'd occasionally go to the Cat & Fiddle to see if I could 'accidentally' bump into him, maybe get him to sign a body part with a sharpie or something . Nothing ever happened - until one night. I'd had some spicy Mexican food earlier in the day, and after hanging out at the Cat & Fiddle drinking for a while I had to visit the toilets, fairly urgently. I had just dropped off this really stinky dump, with quite a resounding splash, then came out of the cubicle to wash my hands and there he was, in the gents, large as life, staring right at me, with a slightly disgusted look on his face. I was too embarrassed to say anything and left immediately. You could have cut the atmosphere with a knife, it was that thick. :sick:

I was in the checkout line at Whole Foods a while back trying to buy some vegan potato chips and he cut in front of me with his shopping cart! How rude! I told him “Not today, buster!” and got back in my rightful place in line!

Met Stevey at a pub in Aberdeen, had a few pints with him. He told me he loves Andy’s juicy arse. X 😂😂👍

We regularly play whist

i have met him. he was eating chunks of concrete outside a tesco and hissed when he saw me walking by. he smells like damp towels and musty moth eaten socks.

I met him in Waitrose once!!!!! 😱🤗 He tried to kill me with his trolley 😨🤯😢 I got back up and licked him 😂😂 He ran away crying... he tasted like cat pee 😜

I met Steven on Martha’s Vineyard, that’s in Massachusetts. I was kinda scared because they showed me this huge shark! with huge jaws! It was fake, but still scary, very scary :fearscream: I was very young at the time of course, just a child, didn’t know or care who Steven was, but he looked important I guess.

I met him once, in the 90’s, and he was quite... odd. I know he is a unique person, if you want to put it that way, but he adamantly refused to look at me when he spoke (which, may I add, wasn’t really speaking - all he did was grunt and make moo-ing noises when I asked him anything), instead covering his eyes completely with his hands, and he was only wearing one shoe, which looked like some weird sort of ballet flat. He also had this strange looking hat on, kind of like a fedora, that read something along the lines of ‘I Love JM’ but I was and still am unsure of what that meant. I asked him if he was okay during this encounter because he was starting to quiver and make sobbing noises and he decided that it was acceptable to push me and then spit on me. I was taken aback, obviously, but my friends have always been rather jealous that I was physically assaulted by Morrissey himself. I even got the shape of the bruise that formed when I hit the pavement tattooed on me, next to the lyrics ‘some girls are bigger than others.’ Yes, the choice of lyrics may seem strange, but they’re also linked back to my meeting with him because whilst he had his eyes covered, he told me I looked lardy and fat, and that I had a massive noggin! Not sure how he came to this conclusion given he couldn’t see, but I was not bothered, because I don’t really care if he ‘body-shames’ me. I still love him. The most confusing part of the entire meeting with him was when he started barking at me when I asked for a photo. It was a shock! I’d noticed earlier that he smelt like wet dog, and then when he started barking I thought, ‘well, maybe he thinks he’s an animal or something. Maybe it’s a vegan thing!’ He kept barking until I backed away, and then when I was no longer near him he got down on all fours and started walking around like a dog. Can’t believe no paparazzi saw him! Anyway, it was a very weird experience but it will always hold a special place in my heart. Long live Moz.

Good grief . What has Morrissey Solo become!? 😔It's like a refuge for the deranged, bigoted and worst of all the deeply deeply unfunny. I remember the 97-02 wilderness years and this site being a place of real beauty, now look at the state of proceedings. I'll always cherish the glory years. Hammersmith 91still remains one of the wildest and greatest shows I've ever seen. But Morrissey is dead, and this sight shows that more than anything. It's pathetic. RIP. I won't be returning.

I met him in 2008 at my work. I still can’t believe I approached him. He was alone and shopping, and I walked up to his side and said something along the lines of morrissey I’m sorry to bother you but I just have to tell you how much your music means to me...yadda yadda. I was obviously trembling and speaking pretty softly as I was not prepared for this! But he was really gracious. With every word I said he bowed his head earnestly and said thank you. I showed him my moz tattoo and I asked him to sign a copy of something which he did and I I think my choice impressed him? He seemed impressed. Physically, he was much bigger than I imagined. His chest is quite broad, and he was a bit taller than I imagined too. Very handsome and present. He was patient and genuine. It was pretty awesome. I ended it by saying, “well I’m not gonna bother you any longer”, and then sprinted away straight to the bathroom where I proceeded to break down in sobs. Haha. A perfect meeting.
If this is actually true, it's a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom