Heavy Metal

This hasn't been updated in a long time, I know, so I'm not sure if anyone will reply? I was debating whether or not to join the forum, and upon wandering about, stumbled across this topic which made me join!

Actually about 80% of the music I listen to is metal!

I love doom and black metal mostly.

Anyone? :p

i've been listening to a lot of danzig this month having pretty much exhausted the entire misfits catalog. and that includes the awful post-danzig stuff. the new album is pretty good but nothing beats the first three albums.

I don't even know what Doom/Black metal is! Name me some bands

Doom and black metal are totally different! That's okay, to be honest 'metal' has a lot of sub-genres.

Black metal is very very heavy, usually the bands have face paint and all that. Doom metal is slow and droney and depressing. :D (My tastes in music are very very varied, okay? :lbf:)

This is Satyricon, an example of Black Metal. :)

And some Doom by Celtic Frost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doom and black metal are totally different! That's okay, to be honest 'metal' has a lot of sub-genres.

Black metal is very very heavy, usually the bands have face paint and all that. Doom metal is slow and droney and depressing. :D (My tastes in music are very very varied, okay? :lbf:)

This is Satyricon, an example of Black Metal. :)

And some Doom by Celtic Frost.

I love it. But my heart belongs to Maiden. Oh, and that guy with the quiff.

Now Playcat, I would never have guessed you were in to Metal.
People are so complex.
Would you say Led Zep are Metal?

I am quite the Metalhead and have been to many shows ie: Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Megadeth, Dio, Lamb of God amongst others. I will always love Led Zep but I think of them as more classic rock then metal. The Rover being my fav song by them.

I am quite the Metalhead and have been to many shows ie: Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Megadeth, Dio, Lamb of God amongst others. I will always love Led Zep but I think of them as more classic rock then metal. The Rover being my fav song by them.
Rover is a great song.
It's funny, I too am a lover of the distorted amplified guitar expostion but it led in a slightly different direction.
So instead I like that sort classic rock stuff, and Pixies and all that 90's stuff like Grunge. which of course must of been influenced, to
some extent by Metal.
May be I should give Metal a listen. Could you suggest, say, 5 songs I could try?
By the way, off-topic, have you read 'THE BOOK' yet?
I have to say, so far (and I'm about 150 pages in) I think it's wonderful.
It reads like his lyrics.
Actually, didn't some english comedian sing the first paragraph, impersonating Moz, with 'This Charming Man' as the backing?
A number of people say it tails off in the last 3rd.
Well, I'm not there yet so we'll see.

A few of my faves INPO:

Maiden - Killers
Ozzy - Diary of a Madman
Slayer - Reign in Blood / Seasons in the Abyss
Metallica - Master of Puppets / And Justice For All
Priest - Defenders of the Faith / Sad Wings of Destiny

Last edited:

Metallica - Fade To Black

Always loved the rhythm guitar in this song ; especially how they keep the solo a little bit "unmetal" i.e. no string bending or bluesy nonsense ...

1495538_1582090221838876_864989328_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom