HMV UK exclusive: "Vauxhall And I" blue vinyl album released today (August 15, 2020)

As part of HMV's vinyl week exclusives, Vauxhall And I was released on blue vinyl in the UK today.
There is not a single reference to 2020 anywhere on the vinyl/art and is copyright 2014.
It is the remaster from this date.
There is no matrix message and nothing of any difference particularly to the gold version.
1000 copies made.
The album art is exactly that of the previous release.
Only the HMV stickers denote anything different about the record (including an external barcode sticker).

20200815_174409.jpg

IMG_20200815_112709~3.jpg
IMG_20200815_112722~3.jpg

(Carl Lindström AG/'Parlophon' was the company bought out by EMI to become Parlophone).

Colour comparison with California Son:
IMG_20200815_113120~3.jpg

HMV had a reserve and collect later system in place to save queuing when I turned up at daft o'clock which was appreciated.
HMV have stated that anything from the event not sold out/bought today will be offered online after 6pm.
(The New York Dolls pink vinyl was worth buying too).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me listening to music digitally or on vinyl are two entirely different experiences.
The former I do pretty much 24/7, I have playlists for every occasion and can't really function without music playing in the background.
The latter is more like a relaxing hobby, I sit down on the couch and actively listen to a record. To me it's the purest form of enjoying music.

To me listening to music digitally or on vinyl are two entirely different experiences.
The former I do pretty much 24/7, I have playlists for every occasion and can't really function without music playing in the background.
The latter is more like a relaxing hobby, I sit down on the couch and actively listen to a record. To me it's the purest form of enjoying music.
I do remember those days, where you could sit and pore over every single word on the back/front/inside of the album sleeve...including the copyright information ;)

Microdosing vs Mainlining :thumb:

Microdosing vs Mainlining :thumb:

Quite literally because music effectively works as an ADHD drug for me (no side effects, but highly addictive).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom